• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just imagining a murderous Delibird based off Santa Claus from Futurama.
Yeah, wondering how they'll handle 'future' forms, to begin with. I hope they stay 100% organic and natural (no human meddling involved), though.

Interesting that Sprigatito's evolution becomes Bipedal while Fuecoco's Evolution becomes Quadruped

I'm very curious about why they did that

Also I think this would be the first time where a Fire Starter didn't end up Bipedal

But I'm still very curious about what it's Theme is, and why is it Ghost Type? What does it have to do with Chickens?

I'm just imagining a murderous Delibird based off Santa Claus from Futurama.
I'm thinking more of a Flying/Ghost Delibird based on the fact that in the future children will grow up and discover that Delibird
does not exist

I'm thinking more of a Flying/Ghost Delibird based on the fact that in the future children will grow up and discover that Delibird
does not exist
Yeah, a design-cue like that (a change in its 'environment'/behaviour) would work best for me personally.

does not exist

How about a Flying/Steel Delibird flying around in a futuristic sleigh.

Imagine a Delibird in a little UFO. XD

Just like Hisui with Ursaluna (cross-gen) and Sneasler (regional).

@Joker901 Yeah, the Gen 2 love is real with Hisui and now with SV. Even though these timewarped forms are unique species.

Isn't Ursaluna a regional form though? Does that mean Ursaring can evolve into Ursaluna outside of Hisui?

This stuff is confusing....

Isn't Ursaluna a regional form though? Does that mean Ursaring can evolve into Ursaluna outside of Hisui?

This stuff is confusing....
Ursaring could indeed, theoretically, evolve into Ursaluna in other games. Although a fullmoon-cycle and the peatblock should be there.

EDIT: Folks, evolution is always in process but won't suddenly lead to aerodynamic, steel/platina-laden cyborgs. Pokémon could easily stay 100% natural in the future, without human interference.

Imagine a Delibird in a little UFO. XD
The design will barely change sadly. Look at Jygglipuff or Amoongoos. So I think it will have just minor changes, a sleigh is a bit too much.

Scyther too. It is enough for the instrument to return and it can evolve. I think it will be the same as in the days of Diamond and Pearl with Magmortar etc ...

Can I say something? GF apparently decided gen 4 do not deserve any new form or gimmick. I mean, it got 6 megas back in 2013/2014 and two new forms for Dialga and Palkia (but basically those were the least they could do for an entire game based in Sinnoh), that's it.

Among all the gen 4 pokemon, there's not a single one who got:
  • A cross-gen pre-evolution or evolution.
  • A regional form or evolution.
  • A peculiar z-move.
  • A gigamax form.

Considering in gen 2-5-6 at least one of the starters received a new form (Greninja, Typhlosion and Samurott), Gen 4 starters are the only starters in the game to have received nothing at all, not even one of them.

Can I say something? GF apparently decided gen 4 do not deserve any new form or gimmick. I mean, it got 6 megas back in 2013/2014 and two new forms for Dialga and Palkia (but basically those were the least they could do for an entire game based in Sinnoh), that's it.

• A peculiar z-move.
  • A gigamax form.

Considering in gen 2-5-6 at least one of the starters received a new form (Greninja, Typhlosion and Samurott), Gen 4 starters are the only starters in the game to have received nothing at all, not even one of them.
It honestly also got one of the smallest rosters, if we exclude the enormous amounts of Legendaries/Mythicals and cross-gen evolutions/pre-evolutions.

You're obviously right, and their time will probably come, sooner or later. But it's something which should be taken into account.

Gen 3 could still use a lot of improvement, too, for example. As Mega-forms probably won't be included again in the future.

EDIT:
  • New ghost-type Dog.
  • New coin Pokémon (coinciding, pun intended, with Khu's tweets a while back)
  • Some kind of new fairy. Presumably not the aforementioned one with the hammer.

It honestly also got one of the smallest rosters, if we exclude the enormous amounts of Legendaries/Mythicals and cross-gen evolutions/pre-evolutions.

You're obviously right, and their time will probably come, sooner or later. But it's something which should be taken into account.

Gen 3 could still use a lot of improvement, too, for example. As Mega-forms probably won't be included again in the future.
I mean, if it didn't come with BDSP and Legends, I guess we will have to wait quite a long time.

• A peculiar z-move.
  • A gigamax form.

Diamond And Pearl introduced multiple Johto families new evolutions -> HGSS
X and Y gave a bulk of Hoenn pokemon megas -> ORAS
Sun and Moon's regional forms are all from Kanto -> LGPE
Scarlet and Violet's new forms and gimmicks are looking majority Johto pokemon...
Sinnoh got absolutely nothing as Sword and Shield gave Sinnoh pokemon no regional nor gimmick and Legends gave all of their regional and cross-generational forms to Unova,Johto and Kalos Pokemon. The only new thing sinnoh received since ORAS is Dialga's and Palkia's origin forms....

What's the point of creating a new pokemon that is basically Jygglipuff that cannot even evolve? -.-
Remember the Spiky-eared Pichu from that one HGSS event? It’s been established through it that Pokémon traveling through time have some sort of stunted growth as a side effect (not counting transfers). Game Freak is probably just being lore-consistent in that regard.

Diamond And Pearl introduced multiple Johto families new evolutions -> HGSS
X and Y gave a bulk of Hoenn pokemon megas -> ORAS
Sun and Moon's regional forms are all from Kanto -> LGPE
Scarlet and Violet's new forms and gimmicks are looking majority Johto pokemon...
Sinnoh got absolutely nothing as Sword and Shield gave Sinnoh pokemon no regional nor gimmick and Legends gave all of their regional and cross-generational forms to Unova,Johto and Kalos Pokemon. The only new thing sinnoh received since ORAS is Dialga's and Palkia's origin forms....
Maybe the Gen 5 remakes will give the sinnoh families some love.

Could even do something with that cave in unova that supposedly connects the two regions.

Remember the Spiky-eared Pichu from that one HGSS event? It’s been established through it that Pokémon traveling through time have some sort of stunted growth as a side effect (not counting transfers). Game Freak is probably just being lore-consistent in that regard.
Can you please also remember me what's the purpose of that Pichu in 2022? Cause imo it's an unuseful pokemon. This is why I would have preferred these new mons to be just forms. Why would I need a different Misdreavus when I don't even want to use a normal Mismagius?
What I'm saying is that I hope these pokemon have better stats, abilities, types etc. cause if they are just regional forms trasnformed into new pokemon, then that's really a shame to have to remember 20+ new pokemon that are basically already existing pokemon reskinned who took the spots of new possible designs (aka real new pokemon). Not counting we have almost 1000 pokemon, don't see the purpose of start cloning old ones to make the number bigger.

I think it’s matter of perspective, speaking as someone that loves both franchises. I wouldn’t say on being recently better then the other means, personally, that much, because I think both, while having decent to good games, have quite the number of flaws. The preference of one over the other depends quite a bit on the person, and how they react to those flaws. Neither franchises had, in my opinion, what would be considered great games in recent memory.

And in regards of Survive, while the premise is quite interesting, the fact that the game is for the most part a VN (with another hint of the lack of proper budget for Digimon games, in my opinion), the story has to be really good to carry the game.
This is pretty my view of the whole "Digimon vs. Pokémon" debacle, tbh. Outside of CS/HM (even then, you could argue it's more like SMT if anything) the other recent Digimon games are completely different games from Mainline Pokémon

I think Survive will ultimately be a pretty good game overall, but a great game if you like Digimon, and I'll probably get it because it looks interesting

As for SV, despite the fact the game will probably be controversial (it's a modern Pokémon game after all) based on the leaks I think the game will be pretty cool

It is confirmed by Khu that the ancient / future Pokémon will be op
That's good news. I hope this is also true for unevolved pokemon like Jygglipuff.
Basically they are AZ Floette clones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom