• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Pokemon has only two weeks until Digimon pulls up in its convertible and wisks me away with Digimon Survive. :p

Funnily enough at this point the only thing I care about is the pokemon themselves and maybe trainer designs. And maybe little world building things but otherwise with the storylines in most pokemon games I just charge through them so I can faff about doing stupid things like cooing at stunky when he's doing a sit. What a good boy. Sitting like a people. Ohh my goodness he doin a sit.

And when the cuties walk up to me and are like ":D friend! Hi friend!" I just about die. BABIES.

Also I really hope there's at least one wild pokemon that's like Paras in Legends. Adorable and unintimidating looking, but gosh darn it to heck he's gonna pick a fight with ya! Lookit him go!!
Digimon Survive + the lack of pokemon news is indeed stealing all of my hype.

I really begin to dislike the term 'RFake/Regional Fake' more and more.
Yeah, I really don't like what I'm hearing and honestly....It does sound like a bad concept. I've heard Khu has said there aren't too many RFakes, but they take up a dex number, as well as ancient Pokemon. I hate to say it, but the idea of RFakes honestly sounds lazy. Like the idea of Ancient Pokemon sounds nice, but I hate how RFakes sound and don't like that they could take up like...maybe 8 slots that could have been used for entirely original Pokemon.

After letting it sink in, I have drawn what I think the Rfake Dugtrio will look like

IMG_20220716_213058068.jpg

Can someone ask Khu if this is right?

Yeah, I really don't like what I'm hearing and honestly....It does sound like a bad concept. I've heard Khu has said there aren't too many RFakes, but they take up a dex number, as well as ancient Pokemon. I hate to say it, but the idea of RFakes honestly sounds lazy. Like the idea of Ancient Pokemon sounds nice, but I hate how RFakes sound and don't like that they could take up like...maybe 8 slots that could have been used for entirely original Pokemon.
Thats the thing, while I guess we don't know for sure, if RFakes weren't a thing, chances are there wouldn't be 8 different original Pokemon taking their place, the gen 9 dex would simply have 8 less Pokemon.

To give GF benefit of the doubt, I think RFakes might actually be more "original" than Ancient Pokemon. To me at least, the so-called RFakes sound like completely new Pokemon, except they just have similar design elements to older ones. As others have said, Khu may be deliberately exaggerating how similar RFakes are to older Pokemon. At least the Diglett RFake is shaping up to be a different type, as opposed to past instances like Luvdisc and Alomomola.

After letting it sink in, I have drawn what I think the Rfake Dugtrio will look like

Can someone ask Khu if this is right?

I know that this sketch was probably meant as a joke, but given Khu's tendency to be coy and deceptive in his communications, I wouldn't be surprised if this was actually what he really meant by "has a face that looks like Diglett". Either that, or the Diglett RFake has the nose as its mouth like that one interpretation of the original's sprite.

I know that this sketch was probably meant as a joke, but given Khu's tendency to be coy and deceptive in his communications, I wouldn't be surprised if this was actually what he really meant by "has a face that looks like Diglett". Either that, or the Diglett RFake has the nose as its mouth like that one interpretation of the original's sprite.
This is not a joke. This is a serious attempt to make sense of things.

I wouldn't say they're "taking up slots" - remember, Khu's said a few times that thye're like if regional variants were given a pokedex number. The number of actual new designs sounds like it's gonna be the same as previous games, just with a higher amount of new dex numbers they take up.

I wouldn't say they're "taking up slots" - remember, Khu's said a few times that thye're like if regional variants were given a pokedex number. The number of actual new designs sounds like it's gonna be the same as previous games, just with a higher amount of new dex numbers they take up.
Yeah, I agree. At times like these, I like to point out that, if you remove all the cross gen evos and legendaries, gen 4 had the same amount of new pokemon lines as gen 6

This is not a joke. This is a serious attempt to make sense of things.
Oops, sorry, my mistake then. I don't think you're too far off though. The real thing would probably just be much longer and more "eel-like", assuming that its based on the garden eel like others are speculating, and taking reference from the super-long Geyser Diglett fakemon art Khu quoted.

Back
Top Bottom