• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

We might get the first regional variants revealed here. SM and SS also revealed their first regional variants in August (Alolan Sandshrew, Vulpix, and Exeggutor for SM and Galarian Zigzagoon, Linoone, and Weezing for SS).

I doubt they'd scale EVs and such but not levels; all the EVs in the world won't let a level 12 Gym Leader do anything against a level 20 player party.
I disagree on the latter (I think it depends on the Pokémon it's using, their movesets and the AI level) but I get what you're saying... But I guess it's early to tell. It's the first open world game, we don't know what the gym leaders' level ranges will be. In Legends we also had stat reworks and on top of that GF has been playing around with effort trained NPCs ever since Gen 7. They could also make the game's level curve work differently this time around or rework the stats again. It's early to say. But at least confirmation of no level scaling won't mean GLs won't be balanced

Last edited:
FINALLY!! FINALLY! I hope there's a ton of news after nothing in July.

My hopes
  • The full region (Possibly Paldea) fully revealed, complete with the map.
  • At least 5 new Pokemon.
  • Info on the 3 paths that Kaka mentioned. School system, gyms, and whatever.
  • The regional gimmick.
  • More info on how the game will function in an open world format.
  • More info on 4 player co-op.

FINALLY!! FINALLY! I hope there's a ton of news after nothing in July.

My hopes
  • The full region (Possibly Paldea) fully revealed, complete with the map.
  • At least 5 new Pokemon.
  • Info on the 3 paths that Kaka mentioned. School system, gyms, and whatever.
  • The regional gimmick.
  • More info on how the game will function in an open world format.
  • More info on 4 player co-op.
Yeah, I'll be disappointed if we don't get AT LEAST 5 Pokémon. Especially because we're getting a sizable dex once again, and we're already in August.

Kaka did say the ostrich-mon has hair like Cleopatra, who would be considered a beauty guru.

Waterfowl sounds like it could be the flamingo mon as well. I guess they'll both be revealed on Wednesday.

Well...

It technically cannot be the Flamingo mon, since Flamingo's aren't waterfowls, they are wading birds (Which is a different order from Waterfowls).

And yes... it most likely is the Flamingo mon, due to Khu most likely not knowing the difference.

Paldea, Pardea, Paldeya, Pardeya... still unsure how it will be translated exactly. But something like that, yeah.

In the case of Unova, many languages had their own translation, including chinese. Otherwise, the chinese region name was always a transcription of the japanese name.
Considering Khu's riddle "PDY" which very likely refers to Pal/Par - De - Ya, it looks pretty safe to say this time again the name of the region will be the same in all languages.

Also, I believe they now think in a more worldwide strategy, and they will now stick with a universal name for a new region.

Here's a quick rundown on previous presentations:

XY first Direct - ~11 minutes, fully focused on XY
XY second Direct - ~19 min, around 7 min about XY
SM Direct - ~7 min, ~4 min about SM
USUM Direct - ~8 min, ~3 min about USUM
LGPE Press Conference - ~45 min, ~16 min about LGPE
SwSh first Direct - 7 min, fully fucosed on SwSh
SwSh second Direct - ~17 min, fully focused on SwSh
SwSh Expansion Direct - ~20 min, ~17 min about SwSh Expansion
First Pokémon Presents - ~11 min, ~1 min about SwSh Expansion
Third Pokémon Presents - ~20 min, ~4 min on BDSP info, ~4 min on PLA
Fourth Pokémon Presents - ~27 min, ~8 min on BDSP info, ~13 min on PLA
SV Pokémon Presents - ~14 min, ~2 min on PLA update, ~3 min on SV reveal

I left two of them out on purpose as they didn't have any info on main games. Tomorrow's presentation will be ~20 min long

I'm personally expecting at least 15 minutes of info on SV for tomorrow.

It's too difficult to try to predict this sort of thing. :wynaut: And I think my real wishlist would just be too long. But let's do it just for the lols. Here's my realistic wishlist based on the rumours we had so far:
  • Region's name and map;
  • One rival reveal;
  • Antagonist characters/team reveal;
  • A quick rundown on whatever is the race(?) side mode gyms will have;
  • A quick rundown on the legendary-mount system;
  • 8 New Pokémon (counting the ones hidden n background and alike =P);
  • Some gym leaders as well more information on how we can face them in any order and whether or not there will be some kind of difficulty scaling system behind;
  • The new raid system, as well as how co-op mode will work with it and wild battles;
  • Tauros Regional Form and about 2 cross-gen evolutions.
Now, I know, "gimmicks were always revealed in August or earlier". Yeah, I know that, but this is my list

Last edited:
I'm almost 90% certain that the gimmick will be revealed in this presents. The previous trailer ended with a weird crystal effect, which was most likely a teaser for the topic of the next presentation/trailer. This matches up with how Kaka described the gimmick, which involves Pokemon receiving a crystal effect through a special Pokeball.

That said, we'll most likely get a lot more than that given the length of the presentation. I'm hoping they show off 2 or 3 gym leaders, so we can finally clear any doubts about whether Kaka's leaks are real or not, independent of the endorsement he got from Khu.

New single-word tweet from Khu:
"mizudori" - which means waterfowl in japanese.

Are they hinting at one of the new Pokemon that will be shown in the Pokemon Presents?
Could it be the flamingo?

Khu quoted the "mizudori" tweet saying:
"Denki and chips"

"Denki" means Electric (like in Electric type).
Some people suggest it is from "fish and chips" and hints at an Electric fish. But I don't see the correlation with mizudori.

The previous trailer ended with a weird crystal effect, which was most likely a teaser for the topic of the next presentation/trailer. This matches up with how Kaka described the gimmick, which involves Pokemon receiving a crystal effect through a special Pokeball.
Yeah, I had that in mind too. But for some reasons, I'll stick to my list. I'd like to see the gimmick included, but I guess it would be too much.
about whether Kaka's leaks are real or not
I think we'll prob be sure if Kaka is a legitimate leaker or not. But most likely still not sure if everything he said is legitimate or not.
Personally I believe Kaka (I even included things he just said without providing images on my wishlist), but on the off chance of this happening, if the trailer presents absolutely everything he leaked to us through screenshots (Jigglypuff and Amoongus "Ancient Forms", Sprigatito and Quaxly evolutions, the Crystal Gimmick, 7 Gym Leaders, one rival plus Girafarig evolution) but nothing from texts then I think it would be safe to say he was lying about the rest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom