• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I mean, when was the last time we had an old (With that i mean elderly) character be the villain.

Gen 1 and 2 had Giovanni
Gen 3 had Archie and Maxie
Gen 4 had Cyrus (Giving me the oldest vibes out of the four so far)
Gen 5 had Ghetsis (Seems to be similair age to Cyrus)
gen 6 had Lysandre (Probably in his early to mid thirties based on Scyamore)
Gen 7 had Lusamine (In her early forties) and Guzma (Early-mid thirties, since he is pretty much the same age as Kukui and Molayne)
Gen 8 has Rose (SWSH) and Volo (PLA). Rose was also in its forties (Most likely late forties) and Volo was in his late twenties/early thirties).

So based on age we have (From youngest to oldest)
1. Volo
2. Lysandre and Guzma
3. Archie and Maxie
4. Giovanni and Lusamine
5. Rose
6. Ghetsis and Cyrus

We literally have never have gotten a villain that is past the age of 50 (Which i don't even consider to be elderly and Clavell seems older than 50, more leaning towards mid sixties).

If we line up the Professors as well.
Rowan is in his sixties. I think Magnolia is as well.
Oak is in his fifties
Birch is mid thirties (He is actually 35 as confirmed in ORAS)
Laventon, Sycamore and Kukui are early-mid thirties
Juniper is late twenties
Elm is in his mid twenties (And both Turo and Sada also give off that vibe) at most

For Juniper, i am basing this on her father, who doesn't seem to be as old as Oak, but is deffo older than Rowan, so probably is in his mid-late forties (Depending on the actual age of Aurea).
If I'm not wrong, Cyrus is actually 27 in the games. So he is the youngest with Volo.

I wonder if this engine pokemon is going to be our "Impidimp" for this reveal cycle. As in a Pokemon they keep showing off without official revealing.

I wonder if this engine pokemon is going to be our "Impidimp" for this reveal cycle. As in a Pokemon they keep showing off without official revealing.
I bet we won't even see that many reveals before launch, to begin with. 2-3 In a hypothetical September-trailer and maybe 2-3 in an October/release-week one.

I mean, I adore Cetitan, but after weeks of no news, we 'only' got him, Fidough and P-Wooper. We're currently at only 10 entirely new species, without us knowing if marketing will truly carry on at a more regular (monthly) pace.

Last edited:
I bet we won't even see that many reveals before launch, to begin with. 2-3 In a hypothetical September-trailer and maybe 2-3 in an October/release-week one.

I mean, I adore Cetitan, but after weeks of no news, we 'only' got him, Fidough and P-Wooper. We're currently at only 10 entirely new species, without us knowing if marketing will truly carry on at a more regular (monthly) pace.

It's possible they might do some kind of live stream similar to when they revealed Galarian Ponyta.

Was that stream our reveal for that month or did it happen in conjunction with a full trailer? (I feel like it's the latter)

It's possible they might do some kind of live stream similar to when they revealed Galarian Ponyta.

Was that stream our reveal for that month or did it happen in conjunction with a full trailer? (I feel like it's the latter)
The marketing methods for some of PLA's new forms/Pokémon were better, for example with the H-Zorua line. Less tedious and the like. The length of the Ponyta-livestream was heavily criticised.

Sorry if this has been talked about already,but kaka confirmed that the elite 4 were shown in the trailer. People are speculating it's the four that were shown next to Mr. Clavell. They think the elite 4 might be our teachers.

The leaked engine Mon has been confirmed by Khu to have been shown on that car. Apparently,it's posion/steel type making it our first ever.

Sorry if this has been talked about already,but kaka confirmed that the elite 4 were shown in the trailer. People are speculating it's the four that were shown next to Mr. Clavell. They think the elite 4 might be our teachers.
Not really the biggest fan of that but eh, I do think it adds to my theory that the Pokemon we saw with two of those four are probably place holders for trailer sake, (One had Hariyama and the other had Hatterene) because it gives very ace vibes and I don't see their aces being old pokemon.

I really like the idea of our first poison/steel type Mon being an engine. Poison maybe because of the exhaust. It's a clever idea that I haven't seen anybody guess on those "making a pokemon for every unused type" videos.

The leaked engine Mon has been confirmed by Khu to have been shown on that car. Apparently,it's posion/steel type making it our first ever.
And with Clavell himself being the Champion, or the Champion analogue at the very least.

Not really the biggest fan of that but eh, I do think it adds to my theory that the Pokemon we saw with two of those four are probably place holders for trailer sake, (One had Hariyama and the other had Hatterene) because it gives very ace vibes and I don't see their aces being old pokemon.
I mean, Leon's ace was literally just a Charizard.

Kaka did not "confirmed" the 4 teachers were E4. He answered with a shush emoji, which could very likely mean that he won't talk about E4.
By the way, and oddly, he revealed only 7 of the 8 GL. And Khu revealed a list of 12 genders corresponding to 11 characters. I suspect it might mean that one of the GL is also an E4, and that could explain why Kaka did not revealed this GL if he would want to keep E4 a secret.

Additionally, Khu revealed that one of the E4 was Takarazuka style. None of the 4 teachers seems to correspond.

Moreover, IIRC Kaka revealed that one of the E4 was a child. Again, none fits.

Finally, Clavel cannot be the champion, one of Khu's riddle seems to imply the champion is a woman.

Kaka did not "confirmed" the 4 teachers were E4. He answered with a shush emoji, which could very likely mean that he won't talk about E4.
By the way, and oddly, he revealed only 7 of the 8 GL. And Khu revealed a list of 12 genders corresponding to 11 characters. I suspect it might mean that one of the GL is also an E4, and that could explain why Kaka did not revealed this GL if he would want to keep E4 a secret.

Additionally, Khu revealed that one of the E4 was Takarazuka style. None of the 4 teachers seems to correspond.

Moreover, IIRC Kaka revealed that one of the E4 was a child. Again, none fits.

Finally, Clavel cannot be the champion, one of Khu's riddle seems to imply the champion is a woman.
I find it weird if a character is both a Gym Leader and an Elite 4 member. Also Clavell is the only character who fits the role of Champion, unless this is an Alola situation.

Why would the champion be among the characters shown until now? There are many more characters to be revealed.

Because the website says that being champion is just a rank rather than a specific single person. My guess is that in universe to get that rank you must beat any trainer with the champion rank. Rather there being one specific champion that must be beat.

That is just semantic here. Even if there are several "champion rank" trainers, there must be a old-fashioned champion equivalent. Otherwise Khu would have not made a riddle about it likely pointing towards a woman.

That is just semantic here. Even if there are several "champion rank" trainers, there must be a old-fashioned champion equivalent. Otherwise Khu would have not made a riddle about it likely pointing towards a woman.
Yeah I was referring more towards an in universe perspective. From a gameplay perspective there is a big final enemy of the gym challenge who is a champion equivalent. But in universe its just a random trainer of champion rank rather than one specific person everyone attempts to battle.

Back
Top Bottom