• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nemona sure seems like Champion material if you ask me.

And I have a feeling Penny is going to turn out to be Quirinus Quirrell, obviously she won't be the actual villain but she will turn out to be in cahoots with them
She can't even throw Poke Balls properly. I don't know if we would have a Champion who can't even do one of the most basic things in Pokemon right.

Why does everyone think Penny is meant to be a villain? She's just your rival for one of the storylines; if she was a villain that would mak eher disproportionately important to the plot of the game compared to the other rivals.

There are no suitable female candidates, unless they pull a Blue in having your rival (Nemona) be the Champion. I believe that we're getting the four teachers surrounding Clavell to be our Elite 4, followed up by Clavell himself as the Champion.
Who said every characters have been presented ?
When the first trailer came out, Nemona was the supposed champion, now it is Clavel, that is ridiculous...

However Nemona is indeed a good candidate, but using logic and facts. She is the rival of the gym path, she is female and glorified by Khu, which fits their riddle.

To be fair, I could do without an 'evil' plot, for once. Especially because most Pokémon villains are cheesy.

Having a gym-challenge, a racing contest and a treasure quest seems fine to me.

Why does everyone think Penny is meant to be a villain? She's just your rival for one of the storylines; if she was a villain that would mak eher disproportionately important to the plot of the game compared to the other rivals.
She has an odd design (even within the context of the Pokémon world), is frequently a no-show at school, and is apparently involved in racing which doesn't really seem like it should be in character for somebody who is claimed to be timid. I don’t think people actually believe she is the Volo of this generation, she might just be a much more antagonistic Marnie. And it is not too far out of the question that she could have a heel face turn like N.

Who said every characters have been presented ?
When the first trailer came out, Nemona was the supposed champion, now it is Clavel, that is ridiculous...

However Nemona is indeed a good candidate, but using logic and facts. She is the rival of the gym path, she is female and glorified by Khu, which fits their riddle.
Unless she’s another Blue and the E4/Champion is separate from the school, I doubt it.

To be fair, I could do without an 'evil' plot, for once. Especially because most Pokémon villains are cheesy.

Having a gym-challenge, a racing contest and a treasure quest seems fine to me.

Yeah, but thats why i think there will be an evil team that is involved in trying to (Since they obviously won't succeed) eliminate you from one of those.

I think Lechonk's line is the 'regional rodent' this time; He is number 10 in the dex, a place usually reserved for either the 'regional rodent', 'bird' or 'insect'. He's also normal-type.

I think Lechonk's line is the 'regional rodent' this time; He is number 10 in the dex, a place usually reserved for either the 'regional rodent', 'bird' or 'insect'. He's also normal-type.

Yeah... but they might do it differently this time, which they have done before with Hoenn as well (They had Poochyena as number 10), just to switch it up a time and not have the dex be samey all the time.

They have done it before. Usually we have
Rodent - bird
But we also have instances of
Rodent - Bug
Bird - Rodent
Bug - Rodent

Gen 1 had - Bug - Bird - Rodent
Gen 2 had - Rodent - Bird - Bug
Gen 3 had - Dog - Rodent - Bug - Lotad Line - Seedot line - Bird
Gen 4 had - Bird - Rodent - Bug
Gen 5 had - Rodent - Dog - Cat - Elemental monkeys line - Munna line - Bird
Gen 6 had - Rodent - Bird - Bug (Mimicking Johto)
Gen 7 had - Bird - Rodent - Bug (Mimicking Sinnoh)
Gen 8 had - Rodent - Bird - Bug (Mimicking Johto again)
So gen 9 might have Lechonk - Rodent - Bug - Smoliv line - Bird to sorta mimick Hoenn.

So i wouldn't think about it to much just yet.

She has an odd design (even within the context of the Pokémon world), is frequently a no-show at school, and is apparently involved in racing which doesn't really seem like it should be in character for somebody who is claimed to be timid. I don’t think people actually believe she is the Volo of this generation, she might just be a much more antagonistic Marnie. And it is not too far out of the question that she could have a heel face turn like N.
I thought the racing thing was just a theory?

Something occurred to me about Penny. She might not BE one of the antagonists, but if she is still connected to them somehow, perhaps by blood, then that could explain her personality and her apparent absenteeism. It's a very dark thought and I'm really grasping at straws here but what if the reason she is so shy and weird is that she has been abused? Maybe it is a Lilie situation with her?

I still think she looks kind of sus, but it has also occurred to me that Khu probably wouldn't have described her as "a badass" in one of his recent tweets if she was really going to do anything cowardly in-game. He likely would have described her as "sneaky" or something similar. And I don't believe we even saw any of her dialogue in the trailer so how can we really say for sure what she is like as a person at this point?

Something occurred to me about Penny. She might not BE one of the antagonists, but if she is still connected to them somehow, perhaps by blood, then that could explain her personality and her apparent absenteeism. It's a very dark thought and I'm really grasping at straws here but what if the reason she is so shy and weird is that she has been abused? Maybe it is a Lilie situation with her?

I still think she looks kind of sus, but it has also occurred to me that Khu probably wouldn't have described her as "a badass" in one of his recent tweets if she was really going to do anything cowardly in-game. He likely would have described her as "sneaky" or something similar. And I don't believe we even saw any of her dialogue in the trailer so how can we really say for sure what she is like as a person at this point?
I think that she's basically going to be Lillie 2.0 at this point.

I think that she's basically going to be Lillie 2.0 at this point.
That's exactly what I'm going to assume until the games come out, or we get another trailer or a hint from Khu that indicates otherwise. The evidence for her being an antagonist, even a minor one, is kind of flimsy as it is.

And today I made the mistake of going on 4chan to see what they were saying about Penny. Those buffoons make Reddit seem intelligent by comparison. Let's just say they think she is transgender and they're not pleased...

For penny I assume she will be sort of antagonistic in a way but not the antagonist. Something like, if the evil team thing really does end up being racing, Penny will be the big final person you have to race, with perhaps hints that she is connected to it throughout that story. But she isn't like, the big leader of the team who you fight in battle at the end with plans to, take over the world or whatever. She just races and looks cool doing it.

Khu's image showing how the rivals are linked to each path has Penny placed in front of the racing flags, which we know from Kaka is likely related to the evil team. This is probably the main reason why people are theorizing that Penny is a member of the evil team, or is otherwise related to them in some other way. This would make her more like the Marnie of this generation I think.

To add on, Penny is described on the website as being "shy and doesn't come to school often", and I feel like this is playing into the archetype of the "quiet unassuming girl who secretly has a badass hobby" or is "secretly a delinquent". Her current design just screams to me that she's going to eventually swap it out for a more biker-gang style outfit during a "big plot twist" moment when we see her race for the first time, which GF thought they were clever about hiding but everyone saw coming.

do we know if the 120-140 ish new mons thing was debunked? A while back I didn't realize, but Khu said he thought Kaka was probably wrong on that number because he was looking at raw data in the gamefiles and said "120-140" new mons when realistically that could be counting things such as regional variants, the 3 tauros forms, etc etc. I'm a bit less hopeful for a bigger roster.

do we know if the 120-140 ish new mons thing was debunked? A while back I didn't realize, but Khu said he thought Kaka was probably wrong on that number because he was looking at raw data in the gamefiles and said "120-140" new mons when realistically that could be counting things such as regional variants, the 3 tauros forms, etc etc. I'm a bit less hopeful for a bigger roster.
We don't know for sure, but Kaka later said that Primeape's cross-gen evolution has a Pokedex number greater than 1000, and that the 1000th Pokemon is "nothing special". Unless Khu has come out and denounced that too, I think this means we will get at least 100+ new Pokemon. For reference, Enamorous' Pokedex number is 905, so to cross 1000, we need at least 95 new Pokemon.

BIG EDIT:

I guess if we were to go wild with the speculation, let's make the following assumptions based on previous Generations and other Kaka Leaks:
  • The Gen 9 section of the National Dex will end with Koraidon or Miraidon
  • There is no third Legendary (Kaka Leak)
  • There are four secondary Legendary Pokemon that will come before them (Kaka Leak)
  • There is at least one three-stage Pseudo Legendary line this gen that will come before the secondary Legendaries
  • For the 1000th Pokemon to be "nothing special" it cannot be Koraidon or Miraidon
  • Primeape's evo must come before the three-stage Pseudo Legendary line in the National Dex
To be conservative with the figure, let's say Primeape's evo has a National Dex number of 1001, making it the 96th new Pokemon added this generation. Adding Koraidon, Miraidon, the secondary Legendaries, and at least one three-stage pseudo legendary will give us at least 105 brand new Pokemon in order to satisfy all the previous patterns and Kaka's claims.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom