• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I really hope we'll get a leak before the reveal, just like last time with Cetitan's/Fidough's trailer.
no-please-no.gif

Seriously though, why would you ever like that, my friend? We're so close to experience it already, why to spoil it? The person would be doing it purely for attention whoring
I hope not. :( The thing that bothers me the most about leakers is when they leak things we're close to discover throught official sources already.

no-please-no.gif

Seriously though, why would you ever like that, my friend? We're so close to experience it already, why to spoil it? The person would be doing it purely for attention whoring
I hope not. :( The thing that bothers me the most about leakers is when they leak things we're close to discover throught official sources already.
Hmmm, you make a good point.

Anyway, I don't think we'll see that many new Pokémon in this trailer. I hope at least 2 of them, as I think it might be more mechanic-focussed this time.

SwSh's marketing cycle had two trailers back in September: One about Pokémon Camp and the curries, as well as showing off Cramorant and Polteageist and the second trailer a short one about Sirfetch'd. Which was preceded by a teaser.

We know the new refresh/picnic (sandwich) mechanic hasn't been shown yet, and Graffaiai was preceded by an interesting teaser.

That's why I believe this trailer will focus on some mechanics, as well as 1-2 new Pokémon designs.

Some bad news from Khu:

1) Answering to someone who wanted to know how good is the post game, Khu said: "Would disappoint you".
2) If pokemon games were pokemon types, S/V would be Bug/Dark, according to Khu. Considerig the games have not that many bug pokemon, this is probably a hint for actual bugs and glitches during the gameplay.
So these games actually are rushed then, just as everyone feared by The Pokémon Company announcing Gen 9 as early as they did. At this point Game Freak needs either a time extension, be forced to expand their teams and/or stop splitting up their staff between projects, or both. Is TPC really willing to wait until they end up releasing an unplayable mess and damage their brand? Because that’s what is going to happen if they continue their usual cycle sooner rather than later.

I can only assume Khu means from a battle facility sort of standpoint sense he has already said he doesn't care about story stuff.
So it’s going to be like SwSh’s Battle Tower or functionality worse? :bulbaFacepalm:

In fact, I have a feeling we might not even get a battle facility this time around.

So these games actually are rushed then, just as everyone feared by The Pokémon Company announcing Gen 9 as early as they did. At this point Game Freak needs either a time extension, be forced to expand their teams and/or stop splitting up their staff between projects, or both. Is TPC really willing to wait until they end up releasing an unplayable mess and damage their brand? Because that’s what is going to happen if they continue their usual cycle sooner rather than later.

So it’s going to be like SwSh’s Battle Tower or functionality worse? :bulbaFacepalm:

In fact, I have a feeling we might not even get a battle facility this time around.
I wouldn't take what Khu is saying as a sign its rushed. I wouldn't even pay much attention to it. Khu nor Kaka have an absolutely finished version of the game. There's almost guaranteed to be a day 1 patch to fix some glitches.

Last edited:
This has to be the worst leak cycle.

I can see there being glitches in an illegal non-final game to carry over to the final release with people either review bombing the game a week before its officially out saying it's a glitchy rushed mess or repeatedly calling Game Freak EA again. Or maybe even both.

I feel like I'm getting too old for this.

This has to be the worst leak cycle.

I can see there being glitches in an illegal non-final game to carry over to the final release with people either review bombing the game a week before its officially out saying it's a glitchy rushed mess or repeatedly calling Game Freak EA again. Or maybe even both.

I feel like I'm getting too old for this.
Ehhhh, why is it the worst leak cycle? People are generally still quite positive about the games. There's not even remotely as much negativity compared to Sword/Shield's debacles. There's no sign of incoming review bombs, either. And, yes, something was indeed wrong with BDSP, if we look at negative early reviews.

And the leaks are still mostly descriptive, leaving a lot to imagination. I'm not a fan of Khu, but he and Kaka have told us a lot of valuable information. I wouldn't be as invested without all these leaks.

To be fair it's not impossible Grusha is never actually referred to by their gender in game
What's more important is that Kaka was right that Grusha was a snowboarder and an Ice type user. Or was it skier?
Yeah, I'm not really putting much weight on these claims. Main-line games made by Gamefreak are usually pretty devoid of bugs, or quickly hotfixed.
Yeah, anything will be patched pretty quickly.

Also I would have called this the worst leak cycle if it wasn't for Kaka. I strongly dislike Khu for his behavior and I really find his leaks to be useless considering they make no sense period or don't make sense until after the reveal. The leak cycle sucked until Kaka came in and gave us a ton of useful straightforward information. Yeah some of it may have been mistranslated at points, but Kaka's given us so much. They came at a time when all we were getting was radio silence from TPCI and convoluted riddles from Khu filled with petty insults. Plus his behavior was only worsening back then.

Last edited:
Hmmm, you make a good point.

Anyway, I don't think we'll see that many new Pokémon in this trailer. I hope at least 2 of them, as I think it might be more mechanic-focussed this time.

I read someone saying that Khu had hinted that we'd be getting 3 new Pokemon revealed tomorrow. The boss worm, the engine and for the third one he just mentioned "onomatopoeia".

I read someone saying that Khu had hinted that we'd be getting 3 new Pokemon revealed tomorrow. The boss worm, the engine and for the third one he just mentioned "onomatopoeia".
The third one is supposedly the coin mon.

We're close, bros! Scarlet and Violet Hype train just about to leave the station, all aboard!
tumblr_n6vlflOjMG1rn9eyxo1_500.png

I'm expecting the biggest trailer we've ever had for SV (not counting "world overviews" :wynaut:). I'm expecting more than 3 new Pokémon.

I don't know about bugs, but I'm quite sure Khu is right about post game. Since Gen 6 pokemon games have basically had no post game. Now that they have understood that DLCs can make them save a lot of time without losing money, they haven't even included the third legendary in the main games.
There's clearly a big problem in the development of pokemon games that has a strong impact on their quality. GF is far from being able to work easly with 3D but they are forced to produce games with the same schedule of the past. The consequences are evident: the games that once were finished 7-8 months before release, nowdays are in development even three months before release and a good amount of content is left out for the lack of time. In the end, year after year, we play games that are increasingly ugly in appearance and increasingly poor in content.
The sales, however, are better than ever and this means, sadly, that things will not change.

Honestly with post game, its just expected at this point. Small side story, a battle tower, and a couple Legendary Pokemon to catch. No new areas, new huge side quests, no special battle facilities with special rules. We know we'll get the DLC to supplement the weak post game though. They've really had a huge problem with post game ever since Gen VI.

What Pokémon do you think champions will have as their aces this time around?

Also, I just realized I forgot to put human characters on that wishlist of mine for today. So...from the ones we've seen already, I think I'll bet on both electric and ghost gym leaders.

The third one is supposedly the coin mon.

If that's the case isn't it weird that the three Pokemon Khu has hinted at being revealed are all either confirmed or rumoured to be steel types?

We know the worm and the engine are both steel types. So if this is true maybe the Coin Pokemon won't actually be a steel type.

It just seems unlikely to me that they would reveal almost all of their new steel type Pokemon lines in one trailer before launch.

Back
Top Bottom