• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I'm just still holding out it was some kind of translation error. Because we have had past Pokémon before in the games (Mega Aerodactyl, Hisuian varients) and we've had Pokémon from other dimensions that may as well be from the future (UBs)...but this is obviously not the same. This is more or less manufactured vs. real or primal vs. cold and calculating or whatever. Because there is definitely a metaphore to be had with the Paradox forms being either flesh or metal. It's not straight forward past and future like it's made out to be.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, if you were like me and hated the idea of the Paradox Pokémon being imaginary Pokémon brought into reality), having seen the ending of the game, the Paradox Pokémon are exactly what the leakers said from the start: past/future version of already-existing Pokémon. Regardless of what theme you may want to extrapolate from their appearance, they are explicitly referred to as "Ancient Pokémon" brought into the modern world from the past in Pokémon Scarlett and I'm willing to bet the same is the case for the robotmons from Pokémon Violet. Which is unfortunate, since, as someone said before in this thread a dozen or so pages ago, there are so many ways you could make future versions of pre-existing Pokémon and simply turning all of them into robots feels... predictable? bland? uninspired and unimaginative? Really, if they were doing the whole "cold and calculating", they could've still done it without turning all the future paradoxes into literal machines.

Because nobody seems to want to post the model, I managed to find a sprite image of what the Dolphin Pokemon looks like when not in its Superhero Form:

Dolphin-Sprite.jpg

Basically how its been described by Poryleeks: the same Dolphin Pokemon design but with a heart on its body. It changes into the superhero form when switching out, by way of its ability.

EDIT: In case anyone wants to see all the sprites for the new Pokemon.

All-Sprites.jpg

Just saw the shiny starters. They are all quite bad. Skeledirge is now pink and purple, Quaquaval is light violet and light blue, Meowscarada is...the same but with a purple flower. Don't even know who is the best cause they are really lame.

Last edited:
Finally found the model for the Dolphin evo just after my earlier post:

FhPBmMiXoAE6T-Z.png

Curious if this will change anyone's opinions on it. Its basically everything people wanted in a Dolphin Pokemon, only with a gimmick where it turns into All Might in battle.

I'm now stuck between Skeledirge and Quaquaval. Skeledirge I'd probably my favorite design-wise, but Quaquaval's animations are amazing and full of personality. I honestly could see myself using either of the two.

On that same note, after seeing the animations my opinion on Meowscarda has improved. I still prefer the other two, but I feel it came through by seeing it in action. Overall, I'm more positive on this set then when the leaks first came out.

Finally found the model for the Dolphin evo just after my earlier post:

Curious if this will change anyone's opinions on it. Its basically everything people wanted in a Dolphin Pokemon, only with a gimmick where it turns into All Might in battle.
It's hero form weird looking as hell, but as a super hero fan I have a slight appreciation of it

Postgame is composed of catching sub-legendaries, gym rematches and school (battle) contests. No battle facility.
So... no Battle Facility... confirmed? This is exactly what I feared. Suddenly a lot of my hype for SV has disappeared.

What are those School (Battle) Contests like? Do they have a level cap like Battle Facilities?

DLC is my last hope for SV, at this point.

Some of the lore of these pokemon is pretty creepy considering who their target audience is. Greavard literally kills you if you play with it too long and it's implied that the tinkatink line goes after pawniard and bisharp ,kills them and takes the metal off their bodies to make a bigger hammer. Yikes.

Some of the lore of these pokemon is pretty creepy considering who their target audience is. Greavard literally kills you if you play with it too long and it's implied that the tinkatink line goes after pawniard and bisharp ,kills them and takes the metal off their bodies to make a bigger hammer. Yikes.
Have you played pokémon these last 26 years, right? Do you remember that Drifloon kidnaps children, disliking the fat ones cause it cannot hold them?

A better image of Gimmighoul's evolution Gholdengo:

Gholdengo.jpg

This one really takes the cake for strange Pokemon designs. I'm going to say that I like it but I'm also very confused about how it came into existence.

I saw another image where it had a skateboard, I guess it takes it out during attacks and/or picnics. (probably when following too)

A better image of Gimmighoul's evolution Gholdengo:

This one really takes the cake for strange Pokemon designs. I'm going to say that I like it but I'm also very confused about how it came into existence.

I saw another image where it had a skateboard, I guess it takes it out during attacks or maybe during picnics.
Golden + ghoul + Go?

That's what I was thinking.

I wonder if they're going to try to push it as like a mascot for go, maybe that's why it reminds people of a 90s mascot...
Maybe, but then it wouldn't really make sense to have the chest form that can also turn into it. It's probably more "go" as in the action and not so much Pokémon Go considering it does have a snowboard.

Maybe it's just a radical 90s mascot Pokémon?

Back
Top Bottom