• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

You know, wasn't Khu wrong about certain elements of the story? Didn't he say or imply stuff like the Paradox Pokemon were created from someone's imagination? We know from the finale that Sada/Turo indeed created a time machine and the machine was pulling these Pokemon from the distant past or future. Then AI Sada/Turo sent themselves through to the distant past or future to shut the machine down.
Sada/Turo could've been wrong, as the '3rd' mysterious legendary might have altered/made an unique timeline. Hence the imagination part; The creatures are from a book, not the past/future. Maybe.

Also, there are enough timetravelling narratives in Chinese media. There's not an outright ban on them.

The score on Metacritic is down to 74/100 - "Mixed or average reviews".

The user's score is clearly way lower:

Scarlet: 2.9/10
Violet: 3.4/10

Regarding the Paradox forms; I don't think they're actually from the past/future, but from a reality made by the mysterious 3rd Legendary when the professors made their 'time'-machines.

Especially because the designs were already talked about in certain magazines and books.

I thought that I heard Khu say that the 3rd Legendary has nothing to do with the Paradox Pokemon. I think that they really are from the past/future, and the "lore" in those books are just conspiracy theories.

I don't believe they're from imagination or anything. The game made it clear its time travel. The 3rd Legendary was said to be tied to Terastalization rather than the Paradox Pokemon.
Yeah. I think that the whole theory about the Paradox Pokemon coming from imagination rather than time travel was actually just from the Chinese release of the game where all references to time travel were censored out because time travel stories just aren't popular among the Chinese audience.

There's a big flaw in the logic anyway. Now I don't know how this was treated in Violet, but in Scarlet, the reports about the paradox mon are several hundreds of years old. The prof claimed that she brought the first paradox Pokémon (Koraidon) to Paldea with the time machine that she has built. Either I'm missing a detail (likely) or there is something wrong with the whole story (also likely, time traveling related things tend to have these kinda issues).
Someone who's finished Violet please tell us how they handled it with the whole future thing, because if they basically just replaced past with future whenever possible this makes even less sense lol.

time travel stories just aren't popular among the Chinese audience.
Slight aside, but is this really true? I remember reading about how popular Inuyasha was (which has elements of time travel) back in the early 2000s among Chinese anime fans (it had its own dub for broadcast tv as well). Is this a more recent thing?

Last edited:
@AngryBinacle @A Wild Luxray @RileyXY1 @RavenRaziel98
To be honest, it wouldn’t surprise me if the whole Paradox Pokémon situation was a bit of both imagination and time travel. What I mean is that the Paradox Pokémon exist because someone or something was using the golden disk legendary (perhaps subconsciously) to rewrite the timeline so that they always existed (in the case of the Past Paradoxes) or are guaranteed to exist in the future (in regards to the Future Paradoxes).

There’s also a chance that the overwriting of history to account for these new Pokémon is just in the early stages and the DLC will involve fixing things before there’s irreversible damage done to the space-time continuum. Either way, I have no doubt that we have a cosmic retcon on our hands here, which is pretty scary,

I don't believe they're from imagination or anything. The game made it clear its time travel. The 3rd Legendary was said to be tied to Terastalization rather than the Paradox Pokemon.

Plus it would make the ending kind of weird (and low key kind of a downer) considering...

The AI Professor goes to the past/future for an adventure after you defeat them. If that machine was really only powered by the third legendary to create those Pokemon from imagination then it really throws into question where the AI Professor ended up or if they even still exist. I doubt they'd make a big deal of them finally having their own adventure, only to just basically kill them.

Its too good to be true man. . . .it's too good to be true. I know Khu isn't really wrong about things but this just seems way too good to be true. Would feel so surreal to see Kalos/Megas back in some form after I've been meming on fans for thinking it may return every gen LOL

That being said, if this legit does mean megas are back in the DLC, it would make Soaring Moon's dex entry in violet make a lot of sense

By the way, the whole 'China banned time-travel'-thing is untrue. Their version is not different than the one in Japan/the west.

Back to the Paradox Pokémon:

Heath's book depicts all kinds of oddities about his journey into the crater:
  • The outer rings featured Pokémon similar to other parts of Paldea; Nothing out of the ordinary.
  • The 'Paradox' Pokémon were sighted deeper in the crater, close to the crystals.
  • The weird indestructible metal tablet with the strange markings was found here.
  • Heath became unconscious as a mysterious force communicated with him and when he woke up, he had written down strange formulae. Likely the Terastal Legendary that talked to him.
  • The imagery of the Paradox Virizion/Suicune has been largely affected by the imagination of the expedition group; The parts which are true and which aren't are unknown. It would also be very odd to suddenly have a retconned ancestor of the Legendary Beasts. So, we know the depictions of the strange Pokémon are prone to error/loose imagination.

Back to current days;
  • We know about Sada/Turo using a large amount of Terastal crystals to build the time-machine. Crystals which seem to have a strange, almost sentient, demeanor. They even grow and seem to manifest voices/dreams.
  • Sada/Turo had to build a time-machine to see the Paradox Pokémon. They weren't there yet. Huh, but that's an inconsistency, as Heath's journal basically treats the center of the Crater as some kind of Lost World full of bizarre time-lost Pokémon. Or is it?
  • Sada/Turo used the book to inspire them to build the time-machine. The AI even needed it to travel to the designated place in time.
  • The Paradox Pokémon share a lot of similarities to Pokémon talked about in the Occulture magazines. Some don't even have any kind of fossil records (Slither Wing).
  • They are all called 'Paradox' Pokémon, as if something is 'odd' about them.
  • So, what if the different timeline is one 'created' through a lucid dream? And the time-machine just pulled from that dimension? We know the strange Terastal legendary has some eldritch powers and heavily influences dreams and imagination.

Eh, to be fair, the three Pokemon that perished in that fire and were resurrected into the Legendary Beasts were never identified, so who's to say that they weren't actually this Paradox ancestor or something?

And as for the lack of fossil evidence... well, do remember that the fossilization process requires a lot of conditions to align perfectly: first, the animal needs to have died someplace where there's sediment, then the body needs to be buried under said sediment before it rots away completely (or is eaten by scavengers), then water needs to seep into the remains so that it can crystalyze and harden those remains along with the sediment surroinding the body. That's quite a lot of "ifs" there... in fact, fossils are very uncommon as a result of just how much has to go right for them to form, to the point that several species of extinct animals may only be known from one or two fossils, or sometimes even a single incomplete one (as was the case for the Spinosaurus for decades). Because of this, it's sadly the case that there's plenty of species that we will never know about precisely because they were unlucky enough to never leave any fossilized remains behind for us to find... So, yeah, maybe the past Paradox Pokemon are simply a case of species that weren't in the right conditions for fossilization.

Eh, to be fair, the three Pokemon that perished in that fire and were resurrected into the Legendary Beasts were never identified, so who's to say that they weren't actually this Paradox ancestor or something?

And as for the lack of fossil evidence... well, do remember that the fossilization process requires a lot of conditions to align perfectly: first, the animal needs to have died someplace where there's sediment, then the body needs to be buried under said sediment before it rots away completely (or is eaten by scavengers), then water needs to seep into the remains so that it can crystalyze and harden those remains along with the sediment surroinding the body. That's quite a lot of "ifs" there... in fact, fossils are very uncommon as a result of just how much has to go right for them to form, to the point that several species of extinct animals may only be known from one or two fossils, or sometimes even a single incomplete one (as was the case for the Spinosaurus for decades). Because of this, it's sadly the case that there's plenty of species that we will never know about precisely because they were unlucky enough to never leave any fossilized remains behind for us to find... So, yeah, maybe the past Paradox Pokemon are simply a case of species that weren't in the right conditions for fossilization.
While I'm aware of the second one of your arguments, it's not like the other Paradox entries really reflect real-life occurences. Pretty much all entries depict the magazine-appearance or their sudden appearance in Paldea. There's still some mystery surrounding them, unsolved and all.

Regarding the Legendary Beasts; This one clearly looks like an amalgamation of the three and quite big and ferocious. I don't think it's even meant as some kind of ancestor. The dogs dying in the fire have always been depicted as smaller and more helpless with no unique strengths/attributes.

The current dex entries are nonsensical, there are still some big mysteries regarding Area Zero, even the 'time-machine' needed the Scarlet/Violet book to be inserted to work. The 3rd Legendary/Terastal crystals are responsible, mark my words. The Paradox forms are like the Jurassic Park dinosaurs; based on what people think they looked like, instead of their actual looks.

Last edited:
I could see the third legendary and terastalization being connected to the paradox forms. Terastalization kinda feels like some one imagining what if this pokemon had this type or that type. It isn't like evolution or mega evolution where using energy allows them to take on a new form that lets them gain a new type, it feels like imagining "Ah but my pokemon now has this type making it super effective against your new ultratype that can block everything". It kinda feels like there is a your mind makes it real sort of thing, which I could see the third legendary having a connection to.

I could see the third legendary and terastalization being connected to the paradox forms. Terastalization kinda feels like some one imagining what if this pokemon had this type or that type. It isn't like evolution or mega evolution where using energy allows them to take on a new form that lets them gain a new type, it feels like imagining "Ah but my pokemon now has this type making it super effective against your new ultratype that can block everything". It kinda feels like there is a your mind makes it real sort of thing, which I could see the third legendary having a connection to.
I'm doubting that the third legendary has any connection to the Paradox Pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom