• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TCGO tourney!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys, seems we have an active group of people playing the TCGO so I just thought to organize a tournament. It'll also be good so we can add members here in case we need a trade or practice partner :)

There will also be prizes* for this tournament!

1st place: 2 Furious Fists packs
2nd place: 1 Furious Fists pack

Also all participants will get a Furious Fists pack! :D

*The packs will be awarded via codes and sent through PM, I have verified that these codes are valid and should work. Sorry if it's roundabout but I'm trying not to mix them with my trading packs or be tempted to open them :p

The battles will be Standard format, best-of-3 matches.

You will not be allowed to modify your deck in between games. Please schedule a time with your opponent where you both can play out the entirety of the match.

When signing up, please provide your TCGO username. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Best of luck!

1. sharkshocker (sharkshocker)
2. SharKing (SharKing319)
3. Lunacy (altairein)
4. Stratelier (Stratadrake)
5. Vivillon (happycombee)
6. zblue24 (darkpulse24)
7. PyroKinesis (EvilChameleon)
8. Onigiri (ItsJilly)

Bracket link: TCGO Tourney! - Challonge

Round 1
Stratelier vs. PyroKinesis
Onigiri vs. Lunacy
sharkshocker vs. SharKing
zblue24 vs. Vivillon

Round 2
Stratelier vs. Onigiri
SharKing vs. Vivillon

FINALS
Stratelier vs. SharKing

Last edited:
I'd like to sign up for this! My PTCGO name is SharKing319.

I don't really have a theme to make a Standard deck around (heck, I haven't even done much deck construction in general), but beyond that I'd be game -- my TCGO name is Stratadrake.

Cool I just got back in to the TCG with the iphone app. My TCGO ID is Bebop1988.

count me in.... IGN: jashinsamael
i don't have any good decks, but oh well..... i hope i can learn a lot from the other... lol

I'm totally game! My TCGO name is happycombee.

Count me in :)
TCGO name: Jashinsamael

i'm still newbie and don't have many good cards, but i hope i can learn a lot from the others

When will this start and how will opponents be assigned?
I'm trying to aim for 8 participants so we can do a clean bracket but expect things to get rolling sometime around the weekend. I wouldn't want to leave you guys hanging so I'll see how we're doing by then and maybe try a different setup for the tourney that works for a smaller group.

Opponents will be randomly assigned, I usually use Challonge to set up brackets so I should be able to put up a link to the tourney setup once we get going.

You know what, I'm in! I'll create a deck sometime tomorrow. EvilChameleon is my TCGO name.

Just one participant to go! I can't wait!

Oh no, I think some new members posted beforehand but I couldn't see the posts until they got approved. :/

Sorry about that, but we only have 1 spot left. Since it's a small tourney with prizes I expect those signing up to be active and play through the entirety of their matches.

@bebop88; @jashinsamael - the first one of you to post back here will get the last spot (unless someone else signs up).

If this is still open for participants, I will join! My name is ItsJilly :)

...and we have our 8th participant! Thanks a lot everyone, I'll go generate matchups in a bit.

EDIT: Tournament bracket is up (link is on the OP) and here are the matchups for Round 1!

When reporting results please have both players post here to verify. Good luck!

Last edited:
I've defeated sharkshocker 2-0. It was pretty fun! Feels good to be playing some sort of tourney again. XD

As a side thingy, since it was a clash between two primarily Fighting-type decks, I felt that this was a somehow fitting battle theme. XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom