• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Battle Frontier

There's part of me that thinks this lends credence to the Pokemon Z rumors. Imagine if they are talking about a Battle Frontier being built in Kalos. Sure, we've had no hints of that in X and Y, but Kiloude City does look very resort-ish.

Plus, you would think that the main color of Z would be green, since Zygarde is green. Guess what also was green? Emerald. Guess what Emerald had? A Battle Frontier.

@PhotonLegion;
Not really. Wasn't it another person who revealed infos in the tweet? How do we know crappy pic guy is the same guy (source?). All that's confirmed is what's in the tweets.

I like how its showing plans for the Battle Tower when the battle tower was in the game originally.

He admitted it was him on 4chan.
You know anyone can post on an anonymous message board and say that they were someone else to give legitimacy to their fake claims, right (people have faked being Archaic) I'd find it more believable if he admitted the 4chan posts were him on his twitter.

In any case:
- The Battle Frontier claims on the tweets have been confirmed
- Every single claim attached to the photo (other than the overlapped BF claim) have not

Kind of weird they'd also ignore mentioning Looker in that photo since he's there.

quite disappointing, I guess when gamefreak heard remake ruby and sapphire they toke us alittle to literally and remade just ruby and sapphire choosing not to include emerald (even though 75% of those "if hoenn remakes happen" photos I saw were talking about the fight between groudon and kyogre and the frontier)

Well, now I'm just hoping that these 'plans of a frontier being built' are actual plans by game freak, and not just a 'fun' (heartbreaking) continuity nod.

Looking at that quote, I can definitely see where the reviewer got the idea of the Battle Frontier being hinted at as it's pretty evident that they're alluding to it. However, and you all are allowed to call me a bit too overly skeptical on this, I don't think it implies DLC quite yet. To me, it's more along the lines of how Cynthia alluded to the PWT back in BW, only for it to come up in its sequels two years later. I could see the exact same thing happening with the Battle Frontier where they allude to it in these games, but they may put it in the next games later on.

So for now, I'll definitely agree to the Battle Frontier potentially being in the cards for the future, but I'm still hesitant to agree to it being DLC for these games based on what we've seen so far.

I could see the exact same thing happening with the Battle Frontier where they allude to it in these games, but they may put it in the next games later on.
Do you really see Hoenn being included in the next game? The foreshadowing pertains to the Battle Frontier being built in Hoenn rather than another region.

Looking at that quote, I can definitely see where the reviewer got the idea of the Battle Frontier being hinted at as it's pretty evident that they're alluding to it. However, and you all are allowed to call me a bit too overly skeptical on this, I don't think it implies DLC quite yet. To me, it's more along the lines of how Cynthia alluded to the PWT back in BW, only for it to come up in its sequels two years later. I could see the exact same thing happening with the Battle Frontier where they allude to it in these games, but they may put it in the next games later on.

So for now, I'll definitely agree to the Battle Frontier potentially being in the cards for the future, but I'm still hesitant to agree to it being DLC for these games based on what we've seen so far.

maybe delta emerald will be a sequel xD (kinda makes sense I always thought emerald felt kinda like a sequel) but instead of revolving around rayquaza it revoles around zygarde in hoenn or in a region thats between the two and since its so close you can vist the newly completed battle frontier or atleast some kind of frontier I guess it doesn't have to be emeralds even though emeralds is the best.

well I know thats very unlikely so...

thank god I still own emerald I can still go to the frontier anytime I want in its 32 bit glory

I could see the exact same thing happening with the Battle Frontier where they allude to it in these games, but they may put it in the next games later on.
Do you really see Hoenn being included in the next game? The foreshadowing pertains to the Battle Frontier being built in Hoenn rather than another region.

No I don't expect to see Hoenn again, but nothing says that you can't visit the facility separate of that region, remember that we got the Battle Frontier from Sinnoh in Johto (albeit, transplanted into the region) as well as visiting certain areas away from the regions they first debuted in (ex. Deoxy's and Lugia/Ho-oh's Islands in Gen 3). So it's entirely possible that the next games will take either of those routes rather then DLC, which has not been implied in any fashion for these games yet.

maybe delta emerald will be a sequel xD (kinda makes sense I always thought emerald felt kinda like a sequel) but instead of revolving around rayquaza it revoles around zygarde in hoenn or in a region thats between the two and since its so close you can vist the newly completed battle frontier or atleast some kind of frontier I guess it doesn't have to be emeralds even though emeralds is the best.

well I know thats very unlikely so...

thank god I still own emerald I can still go to the frontier anytime I want in its 32 bit glory

Well it's not impossible as they did allude to another region in XY, though I guess it is still theorymonning at the moment. It would be an interesting route for them to take if they did though.

No I don't expect to see Hoenn again, but nothing says that you can't visit the facility separate of that region, remember that we got the Battle Frontier from Sinnoh in Johto (albeit, transplanted into the region) as well as visiting certain areas away from the regions they first debuted in (ex. Deoxy's and Lugia/Ho-oh's Islands in Gen 3). So it's entirely possible that the next games will take either of those routes rather then DLC, which has not been implied in any fashion for these games yet.
HGSS reused Sinnoh's Battle Frontier because it was a recent feature. I don't see why Game Freak would exclude the Hoenn Battle Frontier from ORAS and associate it with another region. It would make far more sense to create a brand new facility.

Johto reused Sinnoh's Battle Frontier because it was a recent feature. I don't see why Game Freak would exclude the Hoenn Battle Frontier from ORAS and associate it with another region. It would make far more sense to create a brand new facility.

GF making sense is far from what I'd expect of them at this point. Really, I wouldn't be surprised if they put off a new version of the Battle Frontier into the next games as an incentive to buy them as then they have something over ORAS and XY.

Watch GameFreak actually release a "Delta Emerald" next year, that basically adds all of the improvements from Emerald into OR/AS, including the Battle Frontier. It's not a remake and it's not a third version - it's both! The money will print itself!

(GameFreak, please don't you dare actually do this).

Well if its dlc atleast it'll be good dlc, granted its something that should be in the games to begin with but if they want to make it dlc fine atleast gamefreak would be branching out.

Just wanna know if it is dlc would hackers be able to find data on it in the full game or will it be absent entirely until downloaded (if it happens to be dlc)

Johto reused Sinnoh's Battle Frontier because it was a recent feature. I don't see why Game Freak would exclude the Hoenn Battle Frontier from ORAS and associate it with another region. It would make far more sense to create a brand new facility.

GF making sense is far from what I'd expect of them at this point. Really, I wouldn't be surprised if they put off a new version of the Battle Frontier into the next games as an incentive to buy them as then they have something over ORAS and XY.
Yeah gamefreak stopped making sense after hg/ss came out since they seem to think less is more and certain things should be removed from new games so the olds ones sell better or when we remake them it'll feel special again. customization being gone is an example of that its gone now back on Z gone in gen VII and will be back in x/y's remakes

still excited for the games theres still plently of postives but game freak at the same time I'm disappointed :\

How is the relation between "Super Mario Bros. U" and "Super Luigi U"? I know its like a DLC and I think it become available in a separate disc but I don't know the details. Could this happen in a possible re-release of ORAS with a "Delta Emerald" addiction to be bought or dowloaded next year?

How is the relation between "Super Mario Bros. U" and "Super Luigi U"? I know its like a DLC and I think it become available in a separate disc but I don't know the details. Could this happen in a possible re-release of ORAS with a "Delta Emerald" addiction to be bought or dowloaded next year?

Having to re-buy the games just to get post-game content would be a dick move. They'd probably lose a lot of fans that way, hurting sales of any future Pokémon games they make.

If they made it optional DLC that doesn't require re-buying the entire game game, then I'm cool with hat. Otherwise, that's the worst marketing decision GF has ever made.

Having to re-buy the games just to get post-game content would be a dick move. They'd probably lose a lot of fans that way, hurting sales of any future Pokémon games they make.

If they made it optional DLC that doesn't require re-buying the entire game game, then I'm cool with hat. Otherwise, that's the worst marketing decision GF has ever made.
Aside from some slight changes here and there during the story, that's basically what GameFreak have been for almost two decades now.

New Super Mario Bros. U was released as a Wii U launch title and six months later, Nintendo released New Super Luigi U as a DLC for the game. However, they also released New Super Luigi U as its own standalone retail title two months later.

To be honest, I really hope that GameFreak do what you suggested in the future. Instead of releasing a third version of a game, they should release the additional content as a DLC patch for people who own the primary pairs, while also offering a packaged re-release that includes the new content.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom