• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Battle Frontier

They should add horde battles to the Battle Pyramid. With the dungeon-like feel of the facility, it just seems like that specific feature would fit. Who's with me?

I hope they at least make it so that the Frontier facilities are like the Maison, where you get points after each battle.

I hope they at least make it so that the Frontier facilities are like the Maison, where you get points after each battle.

I think that's quite likely to be the outcome, seeing as the reason GF gave Battle Points after each match was likely done to makes the prizes (most notably the TMs) easier to get for their target audience. Besides, they probably figured that the new BP system would be beneficial and less tedious for competitive players as well. I'd say that was one of GF's smarter moves this generation.

and more BP for beating the pike i just made it through 13 rooms of dusikor freezeing and burning me and kirla paralzying me ontop of milotic toxic in the roaming rooms and trainer battles to boot can i get more then 1 bp for surviving that hell?

KissPosterSprite.png Kiss Poster - poster of Smoochum - 16 B.P
new base art
800px-ORAS_Secret_Base_Ar.png
confermed to come back

It's not proof of anything, but the Smoochum poster originally could only be purchased in the Frontier.

Although it's worth noting the the Smoochum poster was the only one that costed BP. All the other posters just cost plain ol' poke. So yeah, doesn't indicate an awful lot.

It's not proof of anything, but the Smoochum poster originally could only be purchased in the Frontier.

Although it's worth noting the the Smoochum poster was the only one that costed BP. All the other posters just cost plain ol' poke. So yeah, doesn't indicate an awful lot.
BP= battle points, how to get them, the battle frointeir, thus pretty much confirming it

BP= battle points, how to get them, the battle frointeir, thus pretty much confirming it

They could easily just make it available at Lilycove or with all the other posters for the $1500 poke. It's possible, but nothing set in stone yet.

Considering the rate they're revealing gym leaders and Elite 4 (Brawly may be obscured on the bottom right; I think I see Phoebe's flower), I'm thinking they have Frontier Brains and they'll feature in Coro coro.

Yep, I came to that conclusion as well today. Maybe even they have some plot relevance, instead of just being cooly designed trainers. God knows that old man with Tribal tatoos can be used.

A person who reviewed the games tweeted this about the Battle Frontier: https://twitter.com/DomPeppiatt/status/534710666905780225

Edit: Ok, the tweet has been removed. The reviewer said that there's no Battle Frontier in the game but NPC text implies it's coming as DLC "day one or thereafter" was his words.

What's interesting, is that CVG's Chris Scullion was specifically asked about whether the Battle Frontier is in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. His reply was to simply state that anything post-Sootopolis Gym is currently under embargo.

The Battle Frontier as DLC? That's a bit of a stretch but I wouldn't put it past GF to cook up something like this.

EDIT: these

http://i.********/vp/1416322609050.png

http://i.********/vp/1416322596479.png

Interesting.

Last edited:
Day One DLC as in GF gone crazy with their DLC stance, or Day One DLC as in the Battle Frontier got replaced by the Battle Resort, and its so fucking huge you need to download a large portion of data that could equate almost half the game? Would be amazing if it came with Battle Resort Megas, the best way to cause a shitstorm!

Last edited:
nd its so fucking huge you need to download a large portion of data that could equate almost half the game?!
The Battle Frontier wouldn't take up that much data and the games don't even fill 2GB; they could have easily used a bigger cartridge if needed.

I don't know what to make of this kind of DLC. It seems forced and they should worry about expanding XY first and foremost.

What's the point of a second Day Care center?

Last edited:
What's the point in making it day 1 DLC? So that people without wi-fi access can't get it?

Let's say there is another day care center... perhaps it's like FR/LG where the day care on Route 117 is now single Pokemon only, and then there is the rumored "Battle Resort" with all these different facilities and a two Pokemon day care.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom