• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dubious Database (Simple Questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Hacker's Simple Question Thread

Anyone feel like answering this, yet?

It's possible to alter the IVs, yes. Changing them without altering the PID/etc. may alter the Pokemon's legality, though.

I have a simple question. If you EV train a pokemon for competitive battling, then raise it to level 100 with cheat rare candies, will it count as a hacked pokemon?

I don't think most people would, no. If you hacked to get the rare candies some might consider it a bit unfair but the Pokemon is still unhacked and, thus, legit.

So I just finished a run through soul silver as I want to rng for the legendaries on here, I plug my AR into my ds, with soul silver in it (to figure out my secret ID) and it says "unknown game" so I type in the name, and the game id (which I think is ipge-2d5118ca) and try to hit next, and nothing happens. I can't hit next at all. I programmed my heart gold into this just fine...and when I tried to just use the hg with this game it did not work :( anyone have any idea what is going wrong?

I already asked this on the other questions thread, but may as well ask where I can get a satisfactory answer. Is it possible to trigger events like, say, Steven's appearances in Kanto or Oak giving you the green orb and such (obviously without filling the requirements) using the AR?

Re: Pokemon Black and White Action Replay

i cannot get the firmware to download, the page wont open and im getting pissed cause i bought the AR dsi so i could play on my new dsi and such and other thing... anyone got a link for the firmware download??

Last edited:

Datel just released a firmware update on their site. 1.71 for the ARDS (older one) and a newer one for the ARDSI (the one with the microsd slot)

ARDSi:
http://uk.codejunkies.com/support/article.aspx?article_id=433

ARDS:
http://uk.codejunkies.com/support/article.aspx?article_id=434

EDIT: The DSi Link is down. One user at another forum thinks they are updating it so it can back up BW saves.

Alrighty, I hoping it's back up today

Datel just released a firmware update on their site. 1.71 for the ARDS (older one) and a newer one for the ARDSI (the one with the microsd slot)

ARDSi:
http://uk.codejunkies.com/support/article.aspx?article_id=433

ARDS:
http://uk.codejunkies.com/support/article.aspx?article_id=434

EDIT: The DSi Link is down. One user at another forum thinks they are updating it so it can back up BW saves.

That is awesome man thank you for the links. I've been waiting forever for the firmware updates to come out

so for the ARDS i update the firware and then it says protcol error and stops the update . its happened 2 times now and i have no idea how to fix

Last edited:
Pokemon Cloning?

im not new or anything..well im not sure if this is the right place for this but how do you clone pokemon?

Re: hi!!!

Wrong forum, but you can search "Cloning pokemon ar code" on Google or Bing or anything like that, hope this helps.

sweet. thanks.oh!!! ar stands for action replay. so when everyone says there not hacked they still are through action replay?

Glad I could help. Oh, and when you get the code. I think you hold SELECT and then move the pokemon one box to the right, then go back and there should be a cloned version.

anyone having trouble with the 1.71 firmware

EDIT: Nvm. I got my ARDSI updated, and I got rare candies but it's kinda poop. You can't directly use them you have to make your pokemon hold the rare candy before it can be used.

Last edited:

I have AdvanceText but the ini files only go up to route 101 on Ruby. Where do I get the rest of the text files? Thanks..

It works fine with FireRed however.

I already asked this on the other questions thread, but may as well ask where I can get a satisfactory answer. Is it possible to trigger events like, say, Steven's appearances in Kanto or Oak giving you the green orb and such (obviously without filling the requirements) using the AR?

Anyone feel like answering this, as well? This thread hasn't had any replies for ages (until a few hours ago), and I kind of need this answered. Thanks in advance.

So i downloaded the pokesav for black and white and i want to know how to get the code generator to work. is the secret id part required cause i do not remember how to find that

Hacked Games

I do not know the rules on ROM downloads, so I will ask for IPS patches of any game. Are there any funny pokemon hacks out there??

Re: Hacked Games

Discussion of ROM hacks isn't allowed on the forums, sorry. While an IPS patch itself my not be illegal, per se, it of course requires the use of ROMs and emulators in order to make use of.

Legit Moves w/ Mimic Rage

Okay, well, I used to use the Mimic Rage glitch (Transform Rage actually, thanks to Ditto and Smeargle) to bypass chain breeding for certain moves. Recently I hatched a Houndour with WoW and Nasty Plot, which was bred onto it from a Ditto with those moves.

My question is this; though it was obtained through a glitch and no moves I give Mon are ever ones they can't normally learn, does this still count as cheating?

Also, another question I think I know the answer to, but want to ask anyways. I have a Chatot that I used Mimic Rage to get Nasty Plot, Agility, and Encore on. I didn't realize until later that normally Chatot can't get all three moves at once. Would this be considered an illegal moveset still, even though the moves were gotten through a (legit) glitch? Can a glitch even be legit? Oo

I ask because I really wanted to use her for WiFi battles, but as it is, I'm not sure how people would feel about a Chatot that can do all that >>.

Re: Legit Moves w/ Mimic Rage

Really, I'd just like to tell everyone who asks "is this cheating" that, if you have to ask, then you know it is and are just looking for a contrary opinion to make yourself feel better.

Again, its exploiting a glitch that was not meant to be in the game, so yes, it is technically cheating. Whether the Pokemon is legitimate is a different matter as there are certain combination of egg moves that aren't possible in this way (I think Bellydrum + Aqua jet on Azumarill is one of them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom