• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The General Sports Thread

There was a really crazy game in the second Bundesliga yesterday, Freiburg won with 6-3 against Nuremberg. First Freiburg scored four goals (three from Petersen) after that Nuremberg nearly equalized with three goals in a row, a few minutes after the 4-3 Freiburg scored the 5-3 and the sixth goal in the last minute. That's football

To all of you who follow MLB, get ready. Soon, METS GON' GIVE IT TO YA.

Anderson is a great exponent of sideways movement which Australia has struggled in the past. However if Australia can bowl out England cheaply for around less than 200 then bat well with the sun expected to come out, then might be able to eek out a positive result.

However depends on getting wickets and the weather

Anderson is a great exponent of sideways movement which Australia has struggled in the past. However if Australia can bowl out England cheaply for around less than 200 then bat well with the sun expected to come out, then might be able to eek out a positive result.

However depends on getting wickets and the weather
England's first and Australia's second innings will be key. If they can set England a target of 250-300 in the last innings I'm confident they can bowl them out. But they'll need to bowl them out relatively cheaply tomorrow then bat really well.

That being said that the if it does turn out sunny as expected, the pitch will bake and the sideways movement will go. So you need early wickets otherwise England are 2-1 up.

Is here an American who can tell me if Aron Johannsson is a good player or not, my favourite club has bought him. I think he's good but I'm not really sure

Premier league bump

- Schweinsteiger got a yellow straight off the bat.
- Palace look decent
- lol Sunderland

Go Chelsea. Nice to see that Diego Costa is starting.

John Terry, man...you have really lost the touch. Anyway Chelsea are on struggle street but only W2. Happy with Wolfsburg though, going to a few of their games this season I hope.

I've been watching the CFL a bit lately, and my main observation so far is probably >the city of Saskatchewan.

>THE FILTHYDELPHIA FILTHIES
>GIVING UP 8 (EIGHT) DINGERS

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

comedy_by_jimmylethal-d971y94.png

...okay, but seriously, that was one of the most hilarious games I've ever seen. These next few days are gonna be fuuun.

So Marseille draws Braga, Liberce and Groningen in Europa League
Wolfsburg draws PSV, Man Utd and CSKA Moskva. Going to be hard without De Bruyne and Perisic. However in say that I'm happy if Perisic goes to Internazionale or sticks with Wolfsburg.

Terry is useless for Chelsea and Ivanovic is having a shocker. We need Stones. Thankfully we got Pedro though.

Glory Glory Man Utd!

They could not have gotten a luckier draw (well okay they COULD have technically) but they definitely got one of the softer draws of the tournament. If they play with at all decent form, they'll make it to the knockout stages where anything can happen.

As for the form of the squad itself, I'm quite pleased. Memphis Depay is showing so much potential. While Schweinsteiger hasn't shown anything near peak form yet, I am also looking forward to seeing him once he's back to full game shape. Rooney's hat trick (while against a weak foe) is good for the confidence. They'll definitely be a contender in the EPL this season.

International break is fun. Too bad Germany v. Poland is in Frankfurt

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom