• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The General Sports Thread

Romo doing Romo things. Nice win for the Cowboys.

I don't have a team to support lol.

AB de Villiers is better than everyone in the world. Just destroyed the Windies.

@Yang Xiao Long

[video=youtube;0v_GqZnje4w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v_GqZnje4w[/video]

You know why.

Also Kawhi.

Last edited:
Too soon... tooo soon... BRB IMMA CRY MY PAIN OUT WHILE EATING ICE CREAM. MY BABIES ARE GONE.

Congrats Wizards...
Probably used black magic... ahaha...

Bayern Munich are like a scary evil robot. Yay for scary evil robots.

Seems the scary evil robot broke their hips. It was like the 7-1 in the World Cup: a few minutes of terror and it's done. Bayern was a shadow of their true level, it's almost like Pep planned to lose. Maybe unconsciously, you don't simply make a plan to defeat the club that was your second home for 20 years.

It's difficult but I want Juve to win. Because the overhype for Barcelona is ridiculous and annoying. Yeah, they're at a fantastic level, but everyone is like OOOOOH. MESSI DID A NUTMEG. SEEMS LIKE NOBODY EVER HAS MADE A NUTMEG, EVER.

You just realized none of the teams currently left in the NBA playoffs have won a title since the nineties. They finally figured out what parity means, guys!

Seems the scary evil robot broke their hips. It was like the 7-1 in the World Cup: a few minutes of terror and it's done. Bayern was a shadow of their true level, it's almost like Pep planned to lose. Maybe unconsciously, you don't simply make a plan to defeat the club that was your second home for 20 years.

It's difficult but I want Juve to win. Because the overhype for Barcelona is ridiculous and annoying. Yeah, they're at a fantastic level, but everyone is like OOOOOH. MESSI DID A NUTMEG. SEEMS LIKE NOBODY EVER HAS MADE A NUTMEG, EVER.

To be fair I made that post like 15th of April.

Anyway NBA is NBA, Bulls are a mess and Clippers need to take Crawford's licence to shoot away.

I don't think that this will be an easy season for them, Mönchengladbach and Wolfsburg are strong enough to become the german champion too.

That's what I thought a few days ago but now they have Vidal. I don't know exactly if Douglas Costa is that good, he just played for Shaktar but Vidal played well in a club which reached the champions league final. Bayern missed the triple the last two years and this year they are serious.

Wolfsburg will push.

Bayern has lost Schweinsteiger to Man U, Reina to Napoli, Weiser to Hertha. Wolfsburg held on to de Bruyne and got Kruse from Gladbach which will really be an issue for them because Max Kruse is a beast. Drmic is a solid pick. I like the move that Stuttgart to get Langerak who is the 2nd best Australian goalkeeper and did a decent job behind Weidenfeller.

I might try to catch a few Wolfsburg games this season actually.

Yeah, but Bayern has got two new good players and only lost one, Reina and Weiser haven't played that much. By the way, I have found a german forecast of the coming season
Prognose Abschlußtabelle der 1. Bundesliga Saison 2015/16
It's made with a computer programm, but in my opinion it's not really realistic. Mönchengladbach will not have 20 points more than Bayern (I would like it but it will not happen), Ingolstadt will not qualify for the Europa League and I don't think that my favourite club Werder Bremen will have to play the Relegation Play-offs, they will finish in the top half.

Ahh we all know that Bayern will win & Wolfsburg will be 2nd. It is so going to happen but I hope Wolfsburg gets the title like Stuttgart did in 06/07.

But you don't have to be better than Bayern to become the champion, you just have to be better than every other team. If you win every game except the two games against Bayern you have 96 points, Bayern never had 96 points. The problem (problem because it's getting boring) is not that Bayern is too good, the other teams just don't win so many games. 2013-14, Bayern had 10 points more than Bayer Leverkusen after 17 games. If Leverkusen had won against Bremen, Frankfurt and Braunschweig (three teams which haven't been that good, Bremen reached the 12th place, Frankfurt the 13th place and Braunschweig the last place), Bayern would just had one point more than Leverkusen after 17 games. I hope that Wolfsburg or Mönchengladbach can win most of their games to become champions.

We will see, we will see.

For now we just wait. For me watching Ashes during the day is awesome!

lol England. 1-1.

Last edited:
Bayern has lost Schweinsteiger to Man U

Here come United. They'll win the Prem next year.

I think the english clubs have too much money, I've heard that ManU want to buy Bale for 135 million euros / 94 million pounds. I remember when Martinez came to Bayern, everybody said that 40 million euros/ 28 million pounds is too much for a defensive player. English clubs are getting so much money because of the TV, even the worst teams of the Premier Leage are getting more (I think about 50% more, but I'm not sure) than Bayern Munich, thats crazy.

Prelim Draw

Africa

Part 1

1. Somalia v. Niger
2. South Sudan v. Mauritania
3. Gambia v. Namibia
4. Sao Tome & Principe v. Ethiopia
5. Chad v. Sierra Leone
6. Comoros v. Lesotho
7. Djibouti v. Swaziland
8. Eritrea v. Botswana
9. Seychelles v. Burundi
10. Liberia v. Guinea-Bissau
11. Central African Republic v. Madagascar
12. Mauritius v. Kenya
13. Tanzania v. Malawi

1. W1 v. Cameroon
2. W2 v. Tunisia
3. W3 v. Guinea
4. W4 v. Congo
5. W5 v. Egypt
6. W6 v. Ghana
7. W7 v. Nigeria
8. W8 v. Mali
9. W9 v. Congo DR
10. W10 v. Cote d'Ivoire
11. W11 v. Senegal
12. W12 v. Cape Verde
13. W13 v. Algeria

Part 2

1. Sudan v. Zambia
2. Libya v. Rwanda
3. Morocco v. Equatorial Guinea
4. Mozambique v. Gabon
5. Benin v. Burkina Faso
6. Togo v. Uganda
7. Angola v. South Africa

North America, Central and Caribbean

Group A - Mexico, Honduras, Winner of Curacao v. El Salvador, Winner of Canada v. Belize
Group B - Costa Rica, Panama, Winner of Grenada v. Haiti, Winner of Jamaica v. Nicaragua
Group C - USA, Trinidad & Tobago, Winner of St. Vincent & Grenadines v. Aruba, Winner of Antigua & Barbuda v. Guatemala

Oceania

Group A - Tahiti, New Caledonia, Papua New Guinea, Winner of Round 1 (American Samoa, Cook Islands, Samoa, Tonga)
Group B - New Zealand, Solomon Islands, Fiji, Vanuatu

Europe

Group A - Netherlands, France, Sweden, Bulgaria, Belarus, Luxembourg
Group B - Portugal, Switzerland, Hungary, Faroe Islands, Latvia, Andorra
Group C - Germany, Czech Republic, Northern Ireland, Norway, Azerbaijan, San Marino
Group D - Wales, Austria, Serbia, Ireland, Moldova, Georgia
Group E - Romania, Denmark, Poland, Montenegro, Armenia, Kazakhstan
Group F - England, Slovakia, Scotland, Slovenia, Lithuania, Malta
Group G - Spain, Italy, Albania, Israel, Macedonia, Liechtenstein
Group H - Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Greece, Estonia, Cyprus
Group I - Croatia, Iceland, Ukraine, Turkey, Finland

Asia - Ongoing

Group A - Palestine, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Timor-Leste, Malaysia
Group B - Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Australia, Tajikistan, Bangladesh
Group C - Hong Kong, China, Qatar, Maldives, Bhutan
Group D - Guam, Oman, Iran, Turkmenistan, India
Group E - Singapore, Syria, Afghanistan, Japan, Cambodia
Group F - Thailand, Iraq, Vietnam, Chinese Taipei
Group G - South Korea, Lebanon, Kuwait, Myanmar, Laos
Group H - North Korea, Philippines, Bahrain, Uzbekistan, Yemen

Looking at those prelim draws...

The USA got a very kind draw (not that it matters, it would take an unprecedented catastrophe for them to not advance. That or a FIFA screwjob as revenge for the indictments). England also got an extremely kind draw (which they probably needed more than the US, they need time to gel and figure things out)

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom