• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The girl in the marvelous bridge.....

slow_mo

2 slow...needs trick room
Reaction score
Any opinion about the ghostly girl in the marvelous bridge?
(When I saw it first I thought she was one of th Shadow Triad....)

Creepypasta would do...

She's a Cofagrigus.

In summary, my theory is that she's a Cofagrigus who managed to steal a thief's body and used it to return to the place she grew up in before she died.

She is quite intriguing.

She dead.

She enjoyed the bridge when she was alive, so she comes back every now and then. When she's noticed, she disappears. That shows it's an intelligent haunting.

But again, she dead.

It can go either way on Abra vs ghost, since the line in question is:

"Did you know? Before Marvelous Bridge was built, there was a girl who always played with Abra around here. She was so full of energy..."

But it's mostly implied she's dead, since who knows when Marvelous Bridge was built?

Newer bridge could mean in the last ten years. She could have been a very young child ("girl" only implies gender, not age) around age four, when the birdge was built, and it could still be a lass sprite in the present.

It can go either way on Abra vs ghost, since the line in question is:

"Did you know? Before Marvelous Bridge was built, there was a girl who always played with Abra around here. She was so full of energy..."

But it's mostly implied she's dead, since who knows when Marvelous Bridge was built?
Past tense, and as Azure Butterfly said, she looks really young, and the bridge looks...well, complete (and it takes a long time to build a bridge).

Past tense, and as Azure Butterfly said, she looks really young, and the bridge looks...well, complete (and it takes a long time to build a bridge).

Not in the Pokemon world it might not. look at all the changes in Kanto between FRLG and HGSS. That was only three years.

Past tense could mean a month ago, if she suddenly stopped playing there.

And she's not /that/ young if she's represented by a lass (which she is). If it had been a generic sprite, age could be argued, but she's roughly the player's age. That's not as young as you guys imply it to be.

And then you argue, how long does it take for them in that world to build a bridge?

She's dead, I'm convinced, but you can argue either side.

...Not sure about the Cofagrigus theory, though.

This, literally, just happened to me last night. It was midnight, so I was kinda freaked out. Anyway, the Marvelous Bridge looks newer, so I think it is just her playing mind tricks on people with her Abra.

I don't think I've ever seen this ghost girl before.
Maybe I have, and I just didn't know it was her. I don't think I ever went up and talked to her before.

Is there a certain time of day she comes out? (Night I'm assuming)
Or is it like the ghost girl/butler in DPPt. where it's random?

It's just an illusion created by the Abra that belonged to the girl. It must be sad over the girl's passing and is just trying to pretend that she's alive by creating this psychic illusion.

Hexagon might be onto something. D8 That's kinda sad, too, and makes me feel sorry for Abra if that's the case.

SHE IS A POKEMON TRAINER!!!!! WHEN U HAZ ABRA AND GO TO HER SHE WILL BATTLE WITH LEVEL 90'S AND ABOVE O_O (good thing i had level 80's that were strong enough to handle all the physic types....)

used kyerem that knew shadow ball :D

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom