• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The girl in the marvelous bridge.....

Duly noted. However, that isn't actually true.

Back to the topic.

Never saw her yet, is the Marvelous Bridge the brigge with the girl with all those Patrats?

I think the simplest assumption is that she's a ghost (probably killed during the bridge construction), after all, why else would she disappear into thin air? And it would explain the woman reminiscing about her. We've had ghosts before, so its completely possible.

In regards to the abra theory, if that were true I think there would be a.) more evidence in the dialogue and b.) the abra would probably say its cry upon interaction as most pokemon (inlcuding those disguised as humans do, e.g. the female Zoroark of Lostlorn) do.

She's using her Abra to teleport. It's even stated in the games.

Er, no its not. Even the guy next to her highlights how weird her disappearance is. Also, that would require that the girl still played around those parts, which she doesn't, as stated by the old woman.

She is psychic.

Actually, I hope they'll investigate it in Gray.

:idea:
Oh,now I remeber her!
But that happens right after the talk with the Shadow Triad and her dissapearance is identical to those of Shadow Triad so I think that they actually steal her. Why? Maybe to intimidate Player character.

I encountered this yesterday. I was like "WTF?" and I thought that the girl had something to do with my Zorua egg. So I went on Bulbapedia, and I learned that it was just a spirit

I think the simplest assumption is that she's a ghost (probably killed during the bridge construction), after all, why else would she disappear into thin air? And it would explain the woman reminiscing about her. We've had ghosts before, so its completely possible.

In regards to the abra theory, if that were true I think there would be a.) more evidence in the dialogue and b.) the abra would probably say its cry upon interaction as most pokemon (inlcuding those disguised as humans do, e.g. the female Zoroark of Lostlorn) do.
Since when has the fandom gone with the simplest explanation? As for point b), that isn't a requirement, the disguised Zorua never made its cry, and I don't remember the Abra making its cry in HgSs, though I could be wrong on that last point.
Oh,now I remeber her!
But that happens right after the talk with the Shadow Triad and her dissapearance is identical to those of Shadow Triad so I think that they actually steal her. Why? Maybe to intimidate Player character.
Except she can be encountered multiple times. I've seen her twice.

I'm thinking it could have been an Abra/girl dual death incident... and now she haunts the place forever? It seems like Hollywood cliche but that's the thing that came into mind...

I think this is how the Marvelous Bridge girl died.

Someone pushed her off the bridge.
That's sad...and blunt. XD Oh, forgive me for laughing at the bluntness and obvious answer that I failed to think about.

Since when has the fandom gone with the simplest explanation? As for point b), that isn't a requirement, the disguised Zorua never made its cry, and I don't remember the Abra making its cry in HgSs, though I could be wrong on that last point.
Except she can be encountered multiple times. I've seen her twice.

OK, that is fair. I suppose its possible, I just don't think its very likely.

CKnightsofni said:
Perhaps there might be an anime related story when they get there in the series.

I hope not. It would be great if there was some anime story seriously exploring this, like with Ghost Of Maiden's Peak in the original series, but after seeing the Museum Yamask episode of BW I just don't think I can bring myself to trust the writers not to screw it up, or bowlderise it to oblivion, or both :(

DOES this girl appear again anywhere? I talked to her and the man she was with, bought my Magikarp, walked back and then she disappeared. I've sort of searched for her in the vicinity, but no luck. It did alarm me.

DOES this girl appear again anywhere? I talked to her and the man she was with, bought my Magikarp, walked back and then she disappeared. I've sort of searched for her in the vicinity, but no luck. It did alarm me.

She randomly appears when the area loads in the game. Just exit the area and enter it and she might be back.

So I'm wondering it the teleporting with an Abra bit was included into the international versions of the games to avoid mentioning death. Or was this in the Japanese version as well?

I think the shadow Traid took her to ghetsis so he can brain wash her like he did wtih N.

Wait what? Where are you getting this?

Well, its just a theory but N was helpless and he was brain washed by Ghetsis as explaind at the end of the game. The girl disappeared like the Shadow Triad possibly to take her to Ghetsis but then again Ghetsis did order that Shadow Triad to not look for him..

Well, its just a theory but N was helpless and he was brain washed by Ghetsis as explaind at the end of the game. The girl disappeared like the Shadow Triad possibly to take her to Ghetsis but then again Ghetsis did order that Shadow Triad to not look for him..

Hm.. Interesting theory. It makes Ghetsis sound really creepy that he wants to abduct children to brainwash them into being yet another N, but he is a bad person anyway. Still, it doesn't seem likely that this happened. It seems that, as far as the Shadow Triad is concerned, Plasma has broken up after you beat the game. They were told by Ghetsis to not find him, or do anything else. They don't even know where he is, so it's unlikely that he's still giving anyone orders.

It is a legendary pokemon. Talk to it fast enough to battle it.

XD just like the truck, eh?

*points to anime Gothitelle episode*
There's a possibility it could be the projections of a psychic pokemon

Not sure if this was posted yet, but:

During certain occasions, the spirit of a deceased young girl will be standing on the bridge, and will disappear if the player walks towards her. An old lady in the gate to the east of the bridge will explain that the young girl used to play around the area with an Abra before the bridge was built.

That's from the Bulbapedia page for the Marvelous Bridge. Or course, this can be seen as just speculation, especially about the part that the girl is a spirit, but the fact that a woman says the girl had an Abra is real. This may be what made the girl appear, then disappear. An Abra made an illusion, like ^ said about a psychic Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom