• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

Species: Celebi
Nickname: Something Japanese
OT: Something Japanese
ID No.: 07100
Met where: Pokemon Movie 10
Met at: "Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 50."
Nature: Modest
Ball: An all red one?
Ribbons: Classic Ribbon
Move Set: Leaf Storm, Recover, Nasty Plot, Healing Wish
Stats: 170-108-106-125-108-110

Species: Pikachu
ID No.: 07150
Met where: Wi-Fi Gift
Met at: "Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 50."
Nature: Naughty
Ball: An all red one?
Ribbons: Classic Ribbon
Move Set: Volt Tackle, Iron Tail, Quick Attack, Thunderbolt
Stats: 96-68-45-61-40-110

Err, I'm new to all this non-basic Pokemon stuff so I have no idea what these are. I got them in a random trade...

There real they are event pokemon

Okay. Sorry for being annoying but I have more questions concerning random Pokémon.

Species: Shinx
ID No.: 36954
Met where: Route 202
Met at: Lv. 3
Ball: Master Ball
Ribbons: None
Move Set: Thunder, Tackle, Flash, Light Screen
Stats: 16-8-7-6-7-8

Just wondering because of the ball and the moves...

Okay. Sorry for being annoying but I have more questions concerning random Pokémon.

Species: Shinx
ID No.: 36954
Met where: Route 202
Met at: Lv. 3
Ball: Master Ball
Ribbons: None
Move Set: Thunder, Tackle, Flash, Light Screen
Stats: 16-8-7-6-7-8

Just wondering because of the ball and the moves...

IDK about this one. Who would catch a regular Shinx with a master ball? The moves it can have, but then again, who would waste 3 TMs on a Lvl 3 Shinx? If you aren't going to use it, I would suggest getting rid of it.

IDK about this one. Who would catch a regular Shinx with a master ball? The moves it can have, but then again, who would waste 3 TMs on a Lvl 3 Shinx? If you aren't going to use it, I would suggest getting rid of it.

i was prepared to masterball my first shiny (i didn't have to but just saying) & i taught it them TM's - i have 90+ of each from the dept store after nearly 500 elite 4 defeats

with all due respect - if you don't know what you're talking about you shouldn't give advice in this thread

back to the important bit - what level is it? (i know i traded it to you but it was random junk from the GTS so i took no notice of it)

***EDIT***
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=71836
level 3 (i knew that) them stats do look dodgy - i'll breed one for you myself dude - just release it

***EDIT***
you sure it's not adamant??? them stats give IV's of 10-31/0-3/0-31/0-19/0-31/10-31 at level 3 - well within the "legit" range...

Last edited:
level 3 (i knew that) them stats do look dodgy - i'll breed one for you myself dude - just release it

***EDIT***
you sure it's not adamant??? them stats give IV's of 10-31/0-3/0-31/0-19/0-31/10-31 at level 3 - well within the "legit" range...

It's not adamant, and I'll just release it because I'm worried about it. Thanks for the help, and you don't have to breed one unless you really want to...

It's not adamant, and I'll just release it because I'm worried about it. Thanks for the help, and you don't have to breed one unless you really want to...

hmm that's weird i had it listed as adamant & the stats correlate with that nature...

i'll breed another oner for you if you want to trade that one back - i need to find out what's happened with this one! :-/

i was prepared to masterball my first shiny (i didn't have to but just saying) & i taught it them TM's - i have 90+ of each from the dept store after nearly 500 elite 4 defeats

with all due respect - if you don't know what you're talking about you shouldn't give advice in this thread

back to the important bit - what level is it? (i know i traded it to you but it was random junk from the GTS so i took no notice of it)

***EDIT***
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=71836

***EDIT***

With all due respect, he would have said if it were shiny. Anyway, Shinx are common. Just get someone to breed or catch you one.

*facepalm* I said that what you were talking about in your post was wrong.
i was prepared to masterball my first shiny (i didn't have to but just saying) & i taught it them TM's
It wasn't shiny.

What? That isn't even about the questionable GTS Shinx he had!

look if it's about the other shinx she has well that one's shiny as well - regardless of whether it is shiny or not is STILL irrelevant - here's the bottom line:

1- it was caught in a master ball (doesn't automatically make it a hack)
2- it has VERY common TM's taught to it (get a clue)

so don't advise people to release a pokemon based on your "feelings" dude - the stats were the determining factor here & that was what means it is hacked - your "hunches" are not helpful to anyone

look if it's about the other shinx she has well that one's shiny as well - regardless of whether it is shiny or not is STILL irrelevant - here's the bottom line:

1- it was caught in a master ball (doesn't automatically make it a hack)
2- it has VERY common TM's taught to it (get a clue)

so don't advise people to release a pokemon based on your "feelings" dude - the stats were the determining factor here & that was what means it is hacked - your "hunches" are not helpful to anyone

Never mind! I don't want to get infracted for arguing with someone like you.

Never mind! I don't want to get infracted for arguing with someone like you.

what - people that have called you out? you can argue all you want but you're still wrong to tell people to release a pokemon for the reasons you gave - that's not debatable

i'm thinking this pokemon was simply migrated, but since i was traded a legendary yesterday only to find out from the person who traded that it was hacked, i just want to be sure. (i trust the person who traded it, but after yesterday...)

Pokemon Species: Jirachi
Nickname: none
Ribbons: none
Ball: Pokeball
Area encountered: Hoenn
Level encountered: 'arrived at Lv. 13.'
OT: WISHMKR
Moves: Wish (PP 10), Confusion (25), Rest (10), Swift (20)
Stats: HP 52, Attack 34, Defense 31, Sp Atk 31, Sp Def 31, Speed 34

ID number is 20043, Ability is Serene Grace

summary says,

"Bashful nature.
Jul. 3, 2008
Hoenn
Arrived at Lv. 13.
Likes to run."

Wishmaker Jirachi came out in 2004, at level five. would it be then accurate to say it was simply migrated to D/P/Pt and taught a fourth move?

i'm thinking this pokemon was simply migrated, but since i was traded a legendary yesterday only to find out from the person who traded that it was hacked, i just want to be sure. (i trust the person who traded it, but after yesterday...)

Pokemon Species: Jirachi
Nickname: none
Ribbons: none
Ball: Pokeball
Area encountered: Hoenn
Level encountered: 'arrived at Lv. 13.'
OT: WISHMKR
Moves: Wish (PP 10), Confusion (25), Rest (10), Swift (20)
Stats: HP 52, Attack 34, Defense 31, Sp Atk 31, Sp Def 31, Speed 34

ID number is 20043, Ability is Serene Grace

summary says,

"Bashful nature.
Jul. 3, 2008
Hoenn
Arrived at Lv. 13.
Likes to run."

Wishmaker Jirachi came out in 2004, at level five. would it be then accurate to say it was simply migrated to D/P/Pt and taught a fourth move?

yes, more than likely it was leveled up then migrated. I don't see anything suspicious.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom