• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Kalos Region Speculation and Discussion

kalostrain.jpg

Maybe the train will act as a way to get from Coastal Kalos to Eastern Kalos before TM fly is obtainable in the story.

Or it could be like the plane ride from Mistralton to Lentimas town in B2W2 due to carious roads being blocked as part of the story.

y would a plane be flying it a mountain or a building

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to ask here... Regardless, I'll clarify my point:

In B2W2, in order to progress in the game you had to have Skyla fly you from Mistralton City to Lentimas Town due to Twist Mountain being blocked, meaning you can't get to Icirrus City, and Marvelous Bridge being blocked preventing access to Black City/White Forest. The train in Kalos might perform a similar function, allowing the player to progress to a new area that is otherwise inaccessible. Let's not forget that you can't use the HM Fly to fly to a city you haven't been to yet.

kalostrain.jpg

Maybe the train will act as a way to get from Coastal Kalos to Eastern Kalos before TM fly is obtainable in the story.

Or it could be like the plane ride from Mistralton to Lentimas town in B2W2 due to carious roads being blocked as part of the story.

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to ask here... Regardless, I'll clarify my point:

In B2W2, in order to progress in the game you had to have Skyla fly you from Mistralton City to Lentimas Town due to Twist Mountain being blocked, meaning you can't get to Icirrus City, and Marvelous Bridge being blocked preventing access to Black City/White Forest. The train in Kalos might perform a similar function, allowing the player to progress to a new area that is otherwise inaccessible. Let's not forget that you can't use the HM Fly to fly to a city you haven't been to yet.

You said it could be a plane ride the area he circled and Im saying that area leads to a building and a tunnel in the side of the a mountain

kalostrain.jpg

You said it could be a plane ride the area he circled and Im saying that area leads to a building and a tunnel in the side of the a mountain
He was never implying that it was a plane he said...
"Or it could be like the plane ride from Mistralton to Lentimas town in B2W2 due to carious roads being blocked as part of the story.

I don't think the train will be required for progressing through the storyline because it seems so out of the way from the main areas of the region. I'm thinking it leads to a post game area, possibly the clouds in the south, as there's no clear path leading there.

I like the train idea, and it seem likely to me, but then again, I like trains in general so...

Huh, I thought the train station was a building, not a simple fancy structure. Taking a good look at the map now shows it. Still though, it seems like a 2 stop rail, going by that sign. I wonder where the other is...

megatower_zps5d674985.png

megatowerkalos_zpsa562d8a1.png

Master Tower.

august_p10_03.jpg

The caption on the official site says it holds the key to mega evolution.

Wow. That looks amazing.

Since she's fighting, and she's like the 4th gym leader, looks like we're visiting Coastal Kalos first.

Rather like the entrance to the town west of them.

Othewise, the above caption is clearly the building inspired by Mont-Saint-Michel, a very famous landmark known for its abbey.

shalourgym_zps21819168.png

So maybe when we enter an area we get one of these entry shots with its name like in the above image? Similar to FRLGHGSS, but obviously an actual overview of the place/area rather than an image?

I love how the size of the buildings and towns are a lot more realistic now. That city looks so big.

Looks like Shalour City is the city just west of the Carnac stones. In French, it's called Yantreizh ; Yantreizh has Breizh in it, which in Breton means Brittany, France's western peninsula.

Anyway, I'm glad they put some modern things in it and not just stereotypes !

That looks to me like something out of Tales of Symphonia. Absolutely beautiful.

I've put together pictures and stuff about Shalour City and the ruin-place:

sha_by_pokemon_diamond-d6hd97p.png

Uh guys I think you have it wrong. Shalour City should be the blue roofs right under the tower and not the town next to the stones in the circle. The game likely takes you from Lumiose to the desert, to the 3rd gym, skiddo ranch than Shalour with 4th gym. What's crazy is that would jump the game from a normal 4 gyms and 6 cities/towns to 4 gyms and 8 cities/towns, and that's just with the obvious places being counted.

With Skiddo, presumably Gogoat, and likely the rest of the rideables being able to jump over ledges, the ledges will probably be able to act as a way to stop you from going to certain areas until you're able to ride a Pokemon there.

Back
Top Bottom