• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Kalos Region Speculation and Discussion

^That's actually a very good point.

Though it IS a bad roadblock when you think about it... :p

Oh no! A 1/2 foot ledge?? What am I ever going to do???

Isn't Shalour City this one:

shalour.png

You enter the Stonehenge-like site from the East, and you meet Korrina there, indicating she's coming from Shalour, so Shalur must be to the east of the site.

She just says she's the Gym Leader of this city.

I know, but usually when you meet Gym Leaders outside their Gyms they're either in their city or near their city, and almost everytime that happens, you meet them just before or right after you fight them, that's why I assume meeting Korrina in the eastern entrance of the site is a hint that is located next to Shalour City and to the west of it.

I've put together pictures and stuff about Shalour City and the ruin-place:

sha_by_pokemon_diamond-d6hd97p.png
This, in which I posted, is where Shalour City is. Its the place under the tower, which is also a part of the city

Exactly where I said it would be. And again, if its the 4th gym, the carnac stones are gonna be post Shalour. The region basically is traversed in a figure 8.

It's been a few months since the map was first shown, and I have to say, it's definitely grown on me. Everything looks so colourful, and full of life. What turned me off to B/W was Unova, so I'm glad to see this region is looking to be as bland.

I really hope you find some kind of ghost poke at the carnac stone looking place.

We know that Kalos is based on France.
So, maybe the Kalos region once upon a time was Fantina's hometown.

In Bulbapedia, there was this information about Fantina:
Fantina speaks a mix of French and broken English and is an immigrant from another country.
So we may get to see her, either in the games and in the anime. And also possibly the Pokemon Contests will return in the Kalos region.

Fantina speaks a mix of French and broken English and is an immigrant from another country.
So we may get to see her, either in the games and in the anime. And also possibly the Pokemon Contests will return in the Kalos region.
Remember, she speaks English in most other languages. So she's either undetermined or Canadian.

Remember, she speaks English in most other languages. So she's either undetermined or Canadian.

It may be so too. But as Paris is somehow the fashion and beauty city, and also Fantina likes fashon and love "beautiful" Pokemon battles, this gave the impression of being her previous hometown.

i still believe Fantina has her place in Kalos. France is the fashion capital of the world (i think?) and of beauty, love, romance.

Fantina doesn't even speak "French" in the Japanese versions of DPPt, instead she speaking English. I really doubt she will be present or mentioned in XY. Actually, by this logic, Lt. Surge should have appeared in BW, since he is from the "USA" (which happens to be Unova, in the Pokémon World... well, sort of).

Fantina doesn't even speak "French" in the Japanese versions of DPPt, instead she speaking English. I really doubt she will be present or mentioned in XY. Actually, by this logic, Lt. Surge should have appeared in BW, since he is from the "USA" (which happens to be Unova, in the Pokémon World... well, sort of).

Unova is not the only U.S. inspired region, it's just based on New York. There may be more regions there in the future since the U.S. is a large and diverse country, and Lt. Surge may live in one of those regions instead.

As for Fantina appearing in XY, she could, but I'm not holding my breath on that. It's probably going to be a minor cameo like usual.

Unova is not the only U.S. inspired region, it's just based on New York. There may be more regions there in the future since the U.S. is a large and diverse country, and Lt. Surge may live in one of those regions instead.

As for Fantina appearing in XY, she could, but I'm not holding my breath on that. It's probably going to be a minor cameo like usual.

Yeah, there may be, but currently there isn't. Until they create another US-based region, Unova is the sole representation of the country in the Pokémon World. Actually, the same is valid to Kalos. We don't know if it is based on the whole France and there may be more France-based regions in the future (it is unlikely, but possible). The point is: Fantina doesn't speak French in all versions of DPPt, so the "she speaks French" argument isn't really valid. That being said, I am not against she appearing, as long as they redesign the character, in case of XY being set many years after DPPt (that might not be the case).

Back
Top Bottom