• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Minor Complaint Thread

The game forced me to put Latios into my party and then I had to go to Mauville to get my team mate back

Apparently there's no icons of Gym Leaders and other important characters for the PSS, just trainer classes. That's just terrible.

I forgot about that ;_; I was looking forward to set my icon as Steven but had to settle for a Ranger...
I saw someone somehow made their icon Steven, but I'm not sure how.
Are you serious omg maybe there's a feature for unlocking pss avatars??

Maybe it's doing battle Maison buddy battle things with Steven?

Yeah, you can choose Steven as your multi-battle partner in the Maison. He has an icon similar to the design of the pss avatars.
I wish Steven avi was an option ;_;

Just passed by someone with Archie as their icon~ O_O Maybe there is a way to unlock more.

Either that, or some from of hacks~

o_O Even ARCHIE???

It has to be available somehow...

How about this: You have to beat the Battle Maison Supers, Multi-Battle to get the pss icon of the partner. Which means, Wally, Maxie/Archie, Steven can be unlocked that way. It's the only explanation I can think of.

There don't seem to be gym leader rematches, not even on certain days in the battle resort or anything.

That would have been nice. I would definitely like it if a few on-route trainers and the elite 4 weren't the only ones to have rematches available; it was great in HG/SS

Here's one: The part where Kyogre's storm was calmed by that pillar of light was very anticlimactic.

o_O Even ARCHIE???

How about this: You have to beat the Battle Maison Supers, Multi-Battle to get the pss icon of the partner. Which means, Wally, Maxie/Archie, Steven can be unlocked that way. It's the only explanation I can think of.

The Wally icon has just made his debut, so I think your theory may be accurate~

The fact that you can fly/soar into Mauville City, but not out of it.

You can soar out of it if you're in the central plaza or on the roof. Were you soaring while inside? How do you expect that to work with an entire apartment complex above you. Its like complaining you can't soar or fly inside a building in any other city in the game.

o_O Even ARCHIE???

The Wally icon has just made his debut, so I think your theory may be accurate~

O.O Okay, I guess that explains why those icons are so rare. Anyways, that definitely gives me another reason to have another go at Multi-Battle Supers. But omg why couldn't they just give the icons to us in the first place... ._.

EDIT: you said in another thread that you won Super Doubles, right? So you got the Wally icon after getting through Super Doubles?

Then the PSS icons must be given like
Singles=Brendan/May
Doubles=Wally
Triples=Maxie/Archie
Rotation=Steven
Multi=???

o_O

Last edited:
O.O Okay, I guess that explains why those icons are so rare. Anyways, that definitely gives me another reason to have another go at Multi-Battle Supers. But omg why couldn't they just give the icons to us in the first place... ._.

EDIT: you said in another thread that you won Super Doubles, right? So you got the Wally icon after getting through Super Doubles?

Then the PSS icons must be given like
Singles=Brendan/May
Doubles=Wally
Triples=Maxie/Archie
Rotation=Steven
Multi=???

o_O

I can't use him, but I assume that must be the way to unlock them since I'm starting to see them more often, which makes me near certain now that it isn't some hacks or something. From this thread, all but Maxie have been seen. So it seems to make sense that you may have to beat the Maison with them to unlock them.

Since you bring it up, I find it strange that you can't normally have your icon be May or Brendan to match your gender.

You can soar out of it if you're in the central plaza or on the roof. Were you soaring while inside? How do you expect that to work with an entire apartment complex above you. Its like complaining you can't soar or fly inside a building in any other city in the game.

But at the same time, you can fly into Mauville and you won't land on the third floor. You'll land right next to the Poke Center. It just doesn't make sense logically.

But at the same time, you can fly into Mauville and you won't land on the third floor. You'll land right next to the Poke Center. It just doesn't make sense logically.

Sure it does
The grassy square with the Pokémart, Pokécenter and Square Tower has no roof

Soar over Mauville, and take a good look. No lack of logic here

I didn't like how we still couldn't choose our Mega accessory. I really wanted that Mega Anchor but I can't have it? Really Game Freak? The whole lack of customization all together bothers me.

One other complaint I have is that nobody else has made. Underwater feels empty. It worked in the originals because of technical limitations but now it's so bland. I wish underwater looked more like it did in the marine tunnel. It should be vibrant and filled with Pokemon. These really no reason underwater should look so dull. That's not how I picture underwater Hoenn. All together Dive is the most underwhelming feature of the game.

Sure it does
The grassy square with the Pokémart, Pokécenter and Square Tower has no roof

Soar over Mauville, and take a good look. No lack of logic here

That is true, but if it's an open roof, why can't we soar out?

@Peeko; I never experienced any problems with that, even in the beginning. It is possible that it was a mistake which was present in your game card but not in mine. Fixing through patch seems very likely, yes

Last edited:
That awkward moment when the complaint thread is larger then the praises
Basically character customization. A customizable base is nice and all but the developers wanted the game to be focused on the player and the adventure you're having. How can you do that when you're not playing as yourself?

Whoever decided to remove the Swellow encounters from the route 115 secret grass area needs to be shot dead. Wanted to do a fix to my team, remove Skarmory to make room for an eventual Magnezone, but noooooo, level 18 tailows are in its place. And you can't DexNav em for shit in that patch of grass, unlike the early route ones which are level 3 or so. Now I have to reconsider my team, again, cause my damn memory got me all excited.

In the Masion, Steven's Mega Metagross' main attacking moves are:

Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Hammer Arm

These mofos couldn't give him at least 50% of his moveset with decent accuracy?! The amount of miss when I team up with him and nearly lose because of it is real!

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom