• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Minor Complaint Thread

Apparently there's no icons of Gym Leaders and other important characters for the PSS, just trainer classes. That's just terrible.

I forgot about that ;_; I was looking forward to set my icon as Steven but had to settle for a Ranger...
I saw someone somehow made their icon Steven, but I'm not sure how.
Are you serious omg maybe there's a feature for unlocking pss avatars??

Maybe it's doing battle Maison buddy battle things with Steven?

Apparently there's no icons of Gym Leaders and other important characters for the PSS, just trainer classes. That's just terrible.

I forgot about that ;_; I was looking forward to set my icon as Steven but had to settle for a Ranger...

Yeah, you can choose Steven as your multi-battle partner in the Maison. He has an icon similar to the design of the pss avatars.
I wish Steven avi was an option ;_;

So much hax... in most other games, anything above 90% accuracy was VERY HARD to miss, but somehow, these 90% accuracy moves have managed to miss targets up to three times in a row. C'mon, seriously?!

Yeah, you can choose Steven as your multi-battle partner in the Maison. He has an icon similar to the design of the pss avatars.

Oh, and since we're at it, I just discovered you can't even choose from all trainer classes. I'm a collector, why won't you let me be a freaking Collector.

I didn't get a congrats from Lisia from winning my second master rank

I remember with XY, at first you didn't have access to the Gym Leaders and E4, but then I looked one day, and they were there. Was it something I did? Or perhaps one of the updates added them in without telling us?

I didn't get a congrats from Lisia from winning my second master rank

Did you want a lapdance?

Who in GF thought it would be a good idea putting TMs in mirage spots? Three weeks and the island where I pick Trick Room refuses to appear. Even Crescent Island has appeared thrice already!

Norman's Slaking not having Facade really nerfed the challenge that was his Gym. I understand that the TMs changed, but that was a significant aspect that made him challenging...Just why in the world did they give him Retaliate?

Norman's Slaking not having Facade really nerfed the challenge that was his Gym. I understand that the TMs changed, but that was a significant aspect that made him challenging...Just why in the world did they give him Retaliate?

They have the same base power. The only time you'd notice is when you're actively trying to, say, poison it.

And Retaliate can be pretty annoying too. *flashback to Lenora's Watchog*

They have the same base power. The only time you'd notice is when you're actively trying to, say, poison it.

Facade is still a TM, anyway.

But Norman actually took one of my Pokémon thanks to a boosted Retaliate.

Facade is still a TM, anyway.

But Norman actually took one of my Pokémon thanks to a boosted Retaliate.

Lenora's Watchog was different. At that point in the game with access to STAB of that power...Retaliate was truly something to be concerned about.

Here though, not so much; especially if Norman doesn't even use the move after one of his Pokemon is knocked out. Not to mention, Truant gives you free turns and people usually have evolved Pokemon at this point. At least with Facade, that doubled base power to 140 would be consistent throughout the fight (if a status condition was sustained). I just wanted my little brother to experience the same challenge I did when I was his age with the original Ruby. I understand that things will naturally be different due to move-set changes, the Physical/Special split and such, but this battle was really something I was looking forward to. When my brother's Torkoal burned one of his Slaking with Lava Plume, I thought "Ooh, you're in for it now!"...but sadly, no. It all but helped to secure victory.

At least, apparently, Winona and onwards are more difficult than originally.

I got retaliate from him yesterday and was amazed with no facade.

fight was tough but just cuz I barely scratched them xD. Had no fighting moves.

Oh, yeah. after the first few cities I was hoping that would be a thing for all of them. Then i got to Rustboro. Nope! :/

I got retaliate from him yesterday and was amazed with no facade.

fight was tough but just cuz I barely scratched them xD. Had no fighting moves.

I had a Gallade and that made the task considerably easier.

Then, Gallade's amazing, incredible, super-duper-awesome physical bulk took a Retaliate... and the match got just very slightly harder.

Just passed by someone with Archie as their icon~ O_O Maybe there is a way to unlock more.

Either that, or some from of hacks~

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom