• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The most inappropriately typed Pokemon

The water thing for Palkia makes a poetic sense. See, a lot of ancient creation myths describe the fabric of the universe, the chaos from which order was formed, as "waters."

And I guess time is made of metal.

Palkia's head is the same type of the fishs, and your "wings" resembles a fin.

Mine's better.

[sarcasm]Make Gyrados water/ice so it can be even better[/sarcasm]

[insert a single frame of me slapping you for being an ass.]

I'd say the reason that Gyarados is water/flying, despite the fact that it's clearly a dragon, is that it's Gen 1, and there was only one dragon family back then. Water/flying is the closest they could get.

absol should be dark/steel type
instead of just dark type

he has a giant blade coming out of his head!

Whenever I see Giratina, I think: "That's a centipede, it should be Ghost/Bug." I don't get where the Dragon part comes in with it, and a bug-type legendary would be pretty cool.

Whenever I see Giratina, I think: "That's a centipede, it should be Ghost/Bug." I don't get where the Dragon part comes in with it, and a bug-type legendary would be pretty cool.

Maybe, but:

1) Dragon/Ghost typing is AWESOME! It just screams Badass right in your face! I'm not saying Bug types aren't cool, but c'mon man, GHOST DRAGON. Just say it. GHOST DRAGON GHOST DRAGON GHOST DRAGON...

2) It makes Giratina unique. Being a pokemon banished away for milennia is sure not to be anything like anything else.

3) Would they really base a legendary on a centipede? Whenever I look at a legendary I assosciate it with a legendary from our world, like Kyogre is the leviathan, not some big ass whale, and Ho-Oh is a Pheonix, not a Peacock.

Gyarados can not be Water / Dragon, because all the other dragon-type Pokémon are rare (exception: Tranpinch, but up to 40 lv ..)

Groudon. i always thought it was a fire type but when looking on Bulbawiki i found to my amazment it was ground.

the whole typing thing is bad since there are some that are obviously triple types but can't because they can only be single or duel. like Charizard could be a Fire/Flying/Dragon and the Bug/Poison types that have wings could have Flying added.

Maybe, but:

1) Dragon/Ghost typing is AWESOME! It just screams Badass right in your face! I'm not saying Bug types aren't cool, but c'mon man, GHOST DRAGON. Just say it. GHOST DRAGON GHOST DRAGON GHOST DRAGON...

Win!Win!Win!Win! Ahhhhh, It's so awesome!!!!!

Yeah, look at Kingdra...

wait...

I think all pokemon have decent typing.
You do realize that gyara has superior attacking stats(physical) and pretty good defensive stats along with intimidate and a dual water/dragon STAB is only resisted by Empoleon which Gyara can pick off easily after a DD with EQ

Flygon would be a 1337 Dragon/Bug with levitate, no?
While i would love a Bug/Dragon i`d have to say that Flygon loves its ground STAB..And as an attacking type ground is infinitely better than Bug which along with Grass and Poison is amongst the worst.Also it`d gain a stealth rock weak which it resists with its current typing

Last edited:
It's interesting, but somehow I felt most "mistyped" pokemons come from Generation II and being mistyped is like one reason why some of them are so forgetable.:uhoh:

Probably already said but I think Staraptor should have been Fighting/flying. I mean come on, it looks like a fighting rooster.Even its signature move, Close Combat is a referance.

Well, I feel like making another post with more Pokemon I feel are mistyped.

Sneasel/Weavile - Dark/Fighting
Shellos - Water/Ground
Altaria - Normal/Flying
Tyranitar - Dragon/Ground
Flygon - Dragon/Flying
Trapinch - Bug/Ground
Vibrava - Bug/Flying
Zoroark - Dark/Fighting
Palkia - Psychic/Dragon
Bulbasaur - Grass
Exeggcute/Exeggutor - Grass
Gengar - Ghost
Lucario - Psychic/Fighting

All of the "mistyped" Pokes of GenI are that way for a reason. A pure ghost type or water/dragon would have annihilated considering there were no moves that would be super effective against them (making them broken). And they won't CHANGE typings, but when a new type is added, like steel, pokemon like magnemite deserve to have that added to their current typing.

Luxray looks Dark/Electric.
Sneasel could be Dark/Wind, considering the myth it's based on. Dark/Ice works too, I guess...
Heatran.
Just... what.

absol should be dark/steel
i no that there is a 2x weeknees to fighting
but it would just make more sense
he has a giant metal blade coming out of his head!
Spr_3e_359.gif

look at Pinsir
now look at his mouth
now look at his horns

he could eaisly have been either dark or steel type as well when they added them!

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom