• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Most Obscure Things In This Series You Love

Yung Dramps

Coming At You Live From Mt. Lanakila
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Because the basics (favorite Pokemon, games, etc) just aren't good enough. What's the most esoteric part of Pokemon that you're a fan of? It can be a character with 6 pieces of fanart total, or an easter egg in a game with barely any documentation, or some long-forgotten spinoff manga or commercial. Whatever it is, if you're the only one who cares it belongs here!

1704082632219.png
1704082661478.png

I love my homegirls Emma and Mitsumi, it's true folks. They're just so cool for a similar set of reasons! Rising from the bottom to become powerful trainers with dark ties to the villain team and sick-ass uniforms is a story type I can't help but like a lot that enriches their regions' villains, even if their respective material maybe doesn't give them as much time to breathe as they deserve (On this note, can anyone tell me if XY Pokespe has a good Emma depiction? If the answer is yes I might go read it). I was ecstatic to see Emma added to Masters with her own theme! Now if only there was any hope of Mitsumi being officially acknowledged again...

An obscure character I really like is Benga from the Unova sequels. He is a postgame exclusive character with zero story unlike Emma, but his design is just so cool, and I really enjoy what we've seen of his personality. Really hope he makes it to Masters some day. (Apparently theres placeholder stuff in the files for Benga?)
VSBenga.png

Oh and he uses Latios/Latias and those are really fun picks for a Battle Facility character.

Here's something fresh off the presses from Indigo Disk that I've become a bit obsessed with.
in the Savannah Biome in the Terarium, there's a giant rock structure, and if you go to the top of it, there's a consistently spawning male Pyroar near the edge.

Basically, they seemingly snuck a Lion King reference in and I think that's adorable

the fact that the original two kings of galar are named in the shiny zacian and shiny zamazenta mystery gifts that were distributed, being named arthur and lancer! obviously reference that these two names are aside i think its obvious why i like this (sordward shielbert ancestor lore) but it's something i've rarely seen be actually discussed even in my circle of fans of the seesaw duo

Not exactly obscure things but I seem to be the only one who is a huge fan of Wigglytuff as a nurse and who likes the Pokeathlon more than the main games and competitive battling.

Back
Top Bottom