• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Future Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet still it's only a leak. There's nothing that confirm a fall release.
It's obvious just from the fact that they will still use ORAS in August, and even a Pokemon Direct suggests a long pre-release period. What reason do we have to suspect an earlier release? Absolutely none.

Because Gen 5 got two releases focusing on Unova with BW already covering the most stuff and BW2 enhancing the plot. And that took 3 years. If they want to release another game in 2017 directly after that and Gen 7 in 2018, then the possiblity of them rushing these game is high. Especially if XY and ORAS needed the whole GF staff instead splitting them into two teams for them to work on seperate projects like they did with Platinum and HG/SS.
Do you understand what "standalone" means? I am saying that no game will be released in 2017 so that they can prepare the next generation for the NX. That's a lot more realistic than expecting some game this year (which is obviously substantial) in addition to a new generation being ready less than a year after the NX's launch.

Because new regions and a new pokemon game that isn't only a third version like Platinum or a remake need plot for the storyline and even the crosses between regions need an explanation and some leadstring. And especially new legendary need explanation.
They only need a single release for that.

It's so unlikely. that they will bring every region + a new one in one game. Levelcap would be horrible, storyline would be absolute mess, 7 regions in one would be too much etc.
They don't need to include every region for an anniversary game. They just need to insert elements (such as Zygarde) from the previous regions into the new one in a meaningful way.

Last edited:
NintenGen: *Update* 3DS 2016 Line up Leaked & Much More!
The leak is pretty much true, and fall is the release period for it. And anyway, at this point anythung before September would be ridiculous for a 20ty anniversary game. If it were another Kalos game, then MAYBE june could jave happened like I was speculating, but now its definitely a fall release.

And who said about all regions? It would be a single region that has concwptual and story tie to the other regions, maybe gameplay. T

I meant the only solution for not screwing VC marketing are Kanto or Guyana but GF could screw it though. Kalos would be plain Gen VI game.

Kanto and Guyana would be the only options to support VC instead of distract from it. But Kalos, although distracting players from VC, is still the most likely option imo, although not something im too interested in, personally.

But if Kalos is also going to distract from the VC, then why is a Souvenir region-game any less plausible? You've lost the thematic link to the VC releases either way.

You say that "GF could screw it though" and if you are agreeing that it *is* a possibility, which I think it is (I would instead put doubt on how much it would actually "screw" it), then why close the door to one but not the other?

Man, this thread is exploding!
Sorry, if this has already been figured out here, but I just realized that the supposed Pokémon Niji is probably not Pokémon Rainbow (actual translation of the word, yes), but actually a shortened name of Pokémon Nijyuu - which is literally Pokémon 20. You know, 20th anniversary. So their game's temp name is Pokémon 20. I'm actually a little disappointed to disprove myself that tiny little hope for a new kinda-Kanto-sounding game.

Man, this thread is exploding!
Sorry, if this has already been figured out here, but I just realized that the supposed Pokémon Niji is probably not Pokémon Rainbow (actual translation of the word, yes), but actually a shortened name of Pokémon Nijyuu - which is literally Pokémon 20. You know, 20th anniversary. So their game's temp name is Pokémon 20. I'm actually a little disappointed to disprove myself that tiny little hope for a new kinda-Kanto-sounding game.
I've actually speculated on that name a long time ago. Pokemon 20 to celebrate the 20 years, but also to represent the 20 yesrs past in game from the original story. Kanto 20 years after with huge region expansions, older characters, and a new plot that also ties into the future of the series.

@Endolise to make it more understandable:

- From a merchandising position, I think the only regions that wouldn't distract from the VC releases, and actually support them, are Kanto and Guyana.

- However, my personal bet, is that a Kalos based game is still the most likely to happen, because they have most of the work done from XY, and they need to reuse it, like they always have done.

Last edited:
As soon as a friend of mine told me that a Pokémon Direct was scheduled for February 27th at 2AM (AEDT +11:00), then I was like "POKÉMON DIRECT?! POKÉMON DIRECT?! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!"

Then that was when I noticed it was more extraordinary than the codename said it was going to be. So... if this is going to be the seventh generation, then that means there must be a brand new Legendary Pokémon that is rainbow coloured. And of course, they've never done a Pokémon Direct that aims at another main Pokémon game within the same generation. But then again, "Niji" is just a codename, but it can fit as a new game.

Y'know what I think it could end up being? Pokémon 7 Inferno and Pokémon 7 Flora as the finalized names, or put it mildly... Pokémon Inferno and Pokémon Flora. Or the name could just end up being Pokémon Rainbow as a standalone game.

Did you know that Game Freak has never ever made a standalone Pokémon game at the start of a generation? It can still be a possibility that it could end up being called "Pokémon Rainbow" as a standalone game and beginning the seventh generation. But then again, there are two unused slots for the pentagon in Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS, which can mean that the seventh generation games could fill those slots.

It's time to break the patterns! Let's show what the next game(s) are made of! These games will without a doubt... have much more spectacular map models in the games and it might utilize 3rd person viewing angle for the first time ever (if you don't count Lumiose City). ^^

Pokémon Z confirmed
N9xEcz5.jpg

D4cv8fU.jpg
I Streetpassed this person today. Yup, I can't view this Z in eShop.

That Z in the logo looks way too similar to the fan-made Z version cover art. Even the faded green on the lower half of the Z is the same.

http://cdn.vinereport.com/full/245/pokemon-z.jpg

The é in the "Pokemon Z" isn't right either. Not that it matters, it's clearly using that fake logo - one of the first images if you search Z on Google image search :ROFLMAO:

I was so happy to hear about the Pokemon Direct news when I woke up this morning. Announcing a new game right at midnight in Japan sounds pretty fitting when the 20th anniversary is for when the games were first released in Japan. We'll probably get a bit of talk about the anniversary as a whole and the Virtual Console re-releases of the original games, but we are definitely getting a new game announced too. It would be kind of ridiculous to have a Pokemon Direct just for the anniversary and re-releases of the original games. Not to mention the fanbase would explode after waiting even longer for a game announcement.

Personally, I'm still hoping that it's somehow a Kalos game and an anniversary game, if only because I do want to see a few details wrapped up in Kalos and expand the region. While I don't think that I dislike Kanto as much as other people here do, it is still my least favorite region primarily due to how pretty much every region has more going on to make the journey more fun and interesting. I wouldn't be against a return trip to Kanto, but it would have to include a lot more details and expanded areas. A return to Kanto twenty years after the original games would be pretty awesome, but I don't know if I'd want that instead of a Kalos game. They could try to do both regions in the game, but I'm not sure how well that would work out.

In any case, I'm super hyped for the Pokemon Direct. We'll finally get a new game announcement, we'll finally know what kind of game we'll get next for sure, we'll finally be able to hopefully stop all of the constant arguments that have popped up here before and then begin the long wait full of speculation and being annoyed that it isn't fall yet, assuming that the fall release date from the leaks is accurate.

That Z in the logo looks way too similar to the fan-made Z version cover art. Even the faded green on the lower half of the Z is the same.
If it were me, I'd expect a more hexagonal logo that depicts the tail and head rather than the frills. (Of course, then it may end up looking a bit phallic...)

While I don't think that I dislike Kanto as much as other people here do, it is still my least favorite region primarily due to how pretty much every region has more going on to make the journey more fun and interesting.
Go figure that the Johto Region has Kanto itself as a way to make itself more exciting, but even then Kanto's rather easy to breeze past if you're overlevelled!

The XY trailer was only 1.5 minutes long.
Which arrived right at the end of a 10-minute Pokemon Direct. And even though it only showed five new Pokemon it still kind of blew up the Internet.

What if it is Gen 7, but this time it is only one game instead of two? Quality over quantity.
Nope, there is a reason GF has produced the main series games in pairs and it's one pattern they want to keep.

If it's a new region but with no new Pokémon, then it's neither a third version nor a new gen. And that's what I'm expecting from this game, it's an anniversary game, so I doubt it has new Pokémon. Could still be a Kalos game though, but would be kinda weird to call it an anniversary game then.
Colosseum and XD were new regions minus new Pokemon....

Last edited:
The é in the "Pokemon Z" isn't right either. Not that it matters, it's clearly using that fake logo - one of the first images if you search Z on Google image search :ROFLMAO:

If only these fakers were as nitpicky about the "é" as I am. :p

And are both neither third versions nor new generations, which was exactly my point?
Yup. And it's still too bad how Orre doesn't get recognized by name in an individual Pokemon's data like all the main series regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom