• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Future Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the disappointment (for me) that was the last Smash Direct, I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. It'd take quite a bit for Pokemon to genuinely let me down.

Indeed! Some don't know how to give up, though, lol

Now, to contribute something to my thoughts on this Direct if I haven't already... I just hope I'm awake at that point in time, haha. I'm in Australia so it shouldn't be a problem, but for some reason my trip to Asia has severely altered my sleep schedule to the point where I may be a true nocturnal (even though my body obviously rejects it). I'm definitely leaning towards the Pokémon 20 banner being on it, but no matter what it is, I want to just talk about it when it appears. My preference would be a closure to Kalos, but I'm not sure if we need "South" Kalos.

I just hope that... certain recent events don't affect the decision of this game's direction. (I won't mention it out of respect, even if it has been a while since they happened, but you should know what I'm talking about in relation to the region based on France.) Watch Game Freak put in a reference to it anyway...

I'm probably not going to see the direct released in realtime either, but at least the videos will be there... I'm just too exhausted about main game hype - and fortunately, there are lot's of other Pokemon-related things, like the TCG and Shuffle, to keep me company.

For me, the Direct airs about an hour after I arrive at work in the morning. So, I won't be able to watch the footage if there is any (until it gets uploaded to YouTube anyway) because our computers hate the Direct streams, but thankfully I can at least check the news sites and see what the game is.

I really don't know what to expect. Masuda's much less predictable then he used to be.

Direct is 3pm for me. I should be able to watch it fine. If it's anything like the XY Direct I'm going to feel like a kid at Christmas all over again.

3pm for me, unfortunately it is the same time I start a lesson at college. I'm tempted to either miss the lesson or just turn up late with an excuse just to see it on time. I don't want my brother to know anything before I get the chance to find out about it :p

5PM in my timezond, its all jelly on my part. I remember the XY Direct was like at 3 in the morning, that was one hell of a night.

I'll never be able to watch the Direct. No Internet for my laptop + my mobile's Internet = Unaccessibility

So, I expect Go to maybe be released in the Summer? or would that have been in the leak too? Does anyone have an idea of when Go might be coming? I'm hoping it's before the new anniv game in the fall. Later then, it could connect to the 20th Anniv game like they said (well to a main series game, but yeah).

Edit: oh yeah it's cause it's Niantic that we don't know specifically yet right? But they did say 2016..

Considering the fact that ORAS didn't receive a Pokemon Direct, you can count on the announcement not being a Kalos game. It's either an anniversary-commemorative main series game or some sort of huge Pokemon Company project.

Last edited:
I don't know when the Direct is going to air for me. I might have to wait for Saturday to see the news. Possibilities for the Direct: Another spin-off game, info on Magearna, new form/mega for Magearna, new form/mega for Volcanion, movie news, Pokemon Z or whatever it is called, gen 6.5 game or gen 7 game announcement.

Watch it be the announcement of the next "actual news" Pokémon Direct ¬‿¬

Nah, in my mind there is absolutely no way this is not about a new game. Which will be absolutely I have no idea what. We do have lots of Zygarde to do still (since I doubt the guy's plot will be anime-only, as much as I enjoy having actual PLOT in the anime for the first time in... for the first time), but with the big anniversary and their general unpredictability as of late, I can hardly put my bets on Pokémon Z. Some speculate two new Kalos games, some speculate a Kanto game, some speculate Gen VII... And I kinda love that we can't see it coming, whatever "it" is.

I'll tell You what it is NOT gonna be - a worldwide Create-A-Pokémon Contest with the winner's creation being put into the next gen. Yeah. It's not gonna be the absolute #1 thing everybody doesn't realize they desperately want. Shame.

There was one person on this forum that cared about being right above all else and thankfully they seem to have been banned. I think everyone else is fine speculating and accepting if they are wrong. I know I am. We should all just be excited for the Direct really. I don't know why being right and being wrong has become a discussion when it doesn't matter at all.

@Alexander We will get game announcement from this, so don't worry about being let down. Feel free to be hyped.

Who got banned?

I'll tell You what it is NOT gonna be - a worldwide Create-A-Pokémon Contest with the winner's creation being put into the next gen. Yeah. It's not gonna be the absolute #1 thing everybody doesn't realize they desperately want. Shame.

A wolf or a dolphin is never going to happen then!

I just want my unicorn Pokemon, sprouting rainbows everywhere she goes!

I couldn't care less about Pokemon Go. A game that I won't be playing.

Found out I have to wait for Saturday at 4 am for the Direct news. At least we finally getting a Direct and soon we will know what it is about.

I'm so excited for the Pokémon Direct! I haven't had this much excitement since the last Pokémon Direct aired way back in January 2013 when it revealed Pokémon X and Y. Back then, there was so much speculation on what the next games will be, some thought it was going to remain in the fifth generation and be on the Nintendo 3DS with a Ruby/Sapphire remake.

But I knew back then that the next games were going to be the start of the sixth generation, and now here I am thinking of the next game(s) being in the seventh generation with G/S/C-like mechanics, such as the ability to trade and battle between sixth and seventh generation. I know, I know, I'm very much Mr. Wrong now xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom