• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

Hmm, unfortunately it doesn't look like Hawlucha learns Brave Bird via Egg Move, Would Flying Press be a good move to use?

Honestly, go all out offensive, 252 in sp.def, 252, in attack, 4 in hp, with assault vest.
Flareon
Item: Leftovers
Nature: not sure what'd work here, maybe sassy (+SpD, -Spe) or calm (+SpD, -Atk)
Ability: Flash fire
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 SpA
Moves:
Lava Plume,
[filler attack for coverage, maybe return?],
Rest,
Sleep Talk

The plan is to try to stall while doing damage and trying to burn with lava plume or, if the target resists, a coverage move.

Any ideas from here on, anyone? For BW2? Or should I just wait until I get XY, and then go for a bulky offensive set, or something?
still give it toxic

I don't have space for toxic, since I need a strong and reliable fire attack as well as a backup move for coverage against things which can't be burned/poisoned. Plus toxic works badly with sleep talk. Although if you can suggest an alternative set that works better, I'm open to suggestions.
Lava Plume/Toxic/Protect/HP (type).

Then I have no reliable recovery. And also, Hidden Power was a good idea, but it's not usable since I can't for the life of me do IV breeding. Maybe I should just reasign Rest in place of Hidden Power. Sleep Talk is no longer as important, as I can still do poison/burn damage while sleeping. So that may work. Thanks.

trying to make a moveset for a sweeper megacharizard Y (powered up by a quiver dance baton pass venomoth)

i have a timid one with perfect IVs with the folowing moves

Fire Blast
Solar Beam
Air Slash
Dragon Pulse

my main concerns are if i should have flamethrower over fire blast (less power but more reliable, and in clear skies i think it will work just fine)
and maybe dropping dragon pulse or air slash for Focus Blast (mostly to take care of a weather changing tyranitar with the right prediction)
any opinion?

Honestly, go all out offensive, 252 in sp.def, 252, in attack, 4 in hp, with assault vest.
Flareon
Item: Leftovers
Nature: not sure what'd work here, maybe sassy (+SpD, -Spe) or calm (+SpD, -Atk)
Ability: Flash fire
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 SpA
Moves:
Lava Plume,
[filler attack for coverage, maybe return?],
Rest,
Sleep Talk

The plan is to try to stall while doing damage and trying to burn with lava plume or, if the target resists, a coverage move.

Any ideas from here on, anyone? For BW2? Or should I just wait until I get XY, and then go for a bulky offensive set, or something?
still give it toxic

I don't have space for toxic, since I need a strong and reliable fire attack as well as a backup move for coverage against things which can't be burned/poisoned. Plus toxic works badly with sleep talk. Although if you can suggest an alternative set that works better, I'm open to suggestions.
Lava Plume/Toxic/Protect/HP (type).

Then I have no reliable recovery. And also, Hidden Power was a good idea, but it's not usable since I can't for the life of me do IV breeding. Maybe I should just reasign Rest in place of Hidden Power. Sleep Talk is no longer as important, as I can still do poison/burn damage while sleeping. So that may work. Thanks.
flareon has no reliable recovery besides resttalk?

flareon has no reliable recovery besides resttalk?

I guess Wish could work, but I don't think I actually have any way of getting it. Not sure about that one. But, yeah, I do need some recovery beyond just leftovers. What would you recommend?

Pokemon Y

Species: Charizard
Item: Charizardite Y
HP: 179
ATK: 121
DEF: 135
SP. ATK: 158
SP. DEF: 130
SPEED: 157
MOVE 1: FlameThrower
MOVE 2: Fly
MOVE 3: Slash
MOVE 4: Wing Attack

I'm going to post here just to confirm whether or not I have lost my mind. I always try to go for outlandish strategies and movesets for my Pokemon; this is one of those moments.

Pokemon: Sableye
Nature: Lonely (+Atk, -Def)
Ability: Stall
Held Item: Ghost Gem
EV's: 252 Atk/140 HP/118 Sp.D

Moveset (As of 21/11/13): Shadow Sneak, Payback, Sucker Punch, Detect.

The idea is to take advantage of the Stall ability with Payback, whilst using Priority Moves like Detect, Shadow Sneak, and Sucker Punch to KO opponents before they can land an attack. So far it's actually working out rather well. I'm aware that Sableye does much better with the Prankster ability, but since that's a hidden ability and Sableye doesn't appear in hordes it seems that is out of my reach.

Pokemon Y

Species: Charizard
Item: Charizardite Y
HP: 179
ATK: 121
DEF: 135
SP. ATK: 158
SP. DEF: 130
SPEED: 157
MOVE 1: FlameThrower
MOVE 2: Fly
MOVE 3: Slash
MOVE 4: Wing Attack

I'd like to offer my assessment of you Charizard, but without knowing what EV's it has or it's nature I have no idea what you're going for. :/

Last edited:
Two things:
1) Which set for Aegislash is better?
Set 1:mad:Iron Ball
Stance Dance
Brave(+Atk,-Spe)
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Sdef
Swords Dance
Gyro Ball
King's Shield
Sacred Sword/Shadow Claw/Fling??

Set 2:mad:Life Orb/Leftovers/Red Card
Stance Change
252 Atk/252 Def/4 Spd
Adamant
Swords Dance
Shadow Sneak
Shadow Claw/Iron Head/Sacred Sword
Shadow Claw/Iron Head/Sacred Sword

2)Which set for Greninja is better?
Set 1:mad:King's Rock
252 Atk/92 Def/80 Sdef/52 HP/32 Spe
Adamant
Protean
Water Shuriken
U-Turn
Aerial Ace
Rock Slide

Set 2: @Life Orb/Red Card
252 Satk/252 Spe/4 Def
Protean
Modest/Timid
Scald/Hydro Pump
Extrasensory
Ice Beam
Grass Knot

Of the two sets for each pokemon, which do you prefer? I prefer set 1 on both.

Aegislash: Neither.

Aegislash@Life Orb
Stance Change
Brave
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Sp Atk
-Shadow Ball
-Shadow Sneak
-Flash Cannon
-Sacred Sword

Greninja: Set 2, but with HP Fire over Extrasensory and Spikes over Grass Knot.

How's this for a Lopunny set?

Jolly / Assault Vest / Klutz
248 HP / 8 Sp. Defense / 252 Speed
- Switcheroo
- Encore
- Thunder Wave
- Healing Wish

This is basically her Klutz set from before, but this time, it takes advantage of a new toy: the Assault Vest, which gives its holder a 50% boost to Special Defense, but also acts as a permanent Taunt on the holder, preventing it from using Status-category moves. Of course, Lopunny herself won't be affected by the Vest because of Klutz, which prevents it from using held items that actively affect the battle (things like the Amulet Coin and Power Accessories still grant their post-battle benefits in-game). Klutz is oftentimes seen as nothing but a detriment, but it actually gives Lopunny a niche all to itself: because it isn't auto-Taunted by the Vest, it's one of the very few Pokémon, if not the only, that can Trick (well, Switcheroo) an Assault Vest onto an opponent.

Pretty much any defensive Pokémon would be a big victim of the Vest leaving them with no way to heal themselves (sole exception being Poison Heal Gliscor), but there is a primary target for this Klutzy Switch: Defog users. For those who don't know, Defog got a buff in X and Y, causing it to wipe out entry hazards on both sides of the field. It does this even if the Evasion-lowering effect is bounced back by Magic Coat or Magic Bounce, so ordinarily, it's impossible to "spinblock". However, Defog is a Status move, so if its holder suddenly starts wearing an Assault Vest, the item essentially acts as a "permanent spinblock", allowing Lopunny's team to set up entry hazards without any further interferance.

I've just covered Switcheroo in that last paragraph (and the end of the first), so let's look at the other moves, which are just standard for Klutz Lopunny. Encore lets it mess with other defensive Pokémon once it slaps something with its Vest, and Thunder Wave allows it to spread paralysis around, helping a teammate pull off a sweep. It uses Healing Wish when it's done with its shenanigans, sacrificing itself to completely heal whatever steps in its place (before any entry hazards take effect, even!). This set is geared towards supporting offensive teams, clearing ground to set up for a sweep with something like (Mega) Lucario.

184.gif

Azumarill
Adamant / Mystic Water / Huge Power
252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
~Superpower
~Play Rough
~Aqua Jet
~Belly Drum

Well, Azumarill is apparently hot stuff this generation so I figured "what the heck might as well try training an Azumarill

184.gif

Azumarill
Adamant / Mystic Water / Huge Power
252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
~Superpower
~Play Rough
~Aqua Jet
~Belly Drum

Well, Azumarill is apparently hot stuff this generation so I figured "what the heck might as well try training an Azumarill
sitrus on azumarill so it has more survivability

How's this for a Lopunny set?

Jolly / Assault Vest / Klutz
248 HP / 8 Sp. Defense / 252 Speed
- Switcheroo
- Encore
- Thunder Wave
- Healing Wish

This is basically her Klutz set from before, but this time, it takes advantage of a new toy: the Assault Vest, which gives its holder a 50% boost to Special Defense, but also acts as a permanent Taunt on the holder, preventing it from using Status-category moves. Of course, Lopunny herself won't be affected by the Vest because of Klutz, which prevents it from using held items that actively affect the battle (things like the Amulet Coin and Power Accessories still grant their post-battle benefits in-game). Klutz is oftentimes seen as nothing but a detriment, but it actually gives Lopunny a niche all to itself: because it isn't auto-Taunted by the Vest, it's one of the very few Pokémon, if not the only, that can Trick (well, Switcheroo) an Assault Vest onto an opponent.

Pretty much any defensive Pokémon would be a big victim of the Vest leaving them with no way to heal themselves (sole exception being Poison Heal Gliscor), but there is a primary target for this Klutzy Switch: Defog users. For those who don't know, Defog got a buff in X and Y, causing it to wipe out entry hazards on both sides of the field. It does this even if the Evasion-lowering effect is bounced back by Magic Coat or Magic Bounce, so ordinarily, it's impossible to "spinblock". However, Defog is a Status move, so if its holder suddenly starts wearing an Assault Vest, the item essentially acts as a "permanent spinblock", allowing Lopunny's team to set up entry hazards without any further interferance.

I've just covered Switcheroo in that last paragraph (and the end of the first), so let's look at the other moves, which are just standard for Klutz Lopunny. Encore lets it mess with other defensive Pokémon once it slaps something with its Vest, and Thunder Wave allows it to spread paralysis around, helping a teammate pull off a sweep. It uses Healing Wish when it's done with its shenanigans, sacrificing itself to completely heal whatever steps in its place (before any entry hazards take effect, even!). This set is geared towards supporting offensive teams, clearing ground to set up for a sweep with something like (Mega) Lucario.

Seriously just have to say I love this idea, but that it would take some pretty skilled playing to pull off right. I make that sound like a drawback but it really isn't.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the whole set is total Taunt bait but again I imagine the idea is to not get taunted. :p

This is pretty much the first time I'm devising tactics for my Pokémon other than "POWERR!!!", so could anybody tell me if I'm doing this right?

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/0/0c/Spr_5b_620.png
Mienshao: Regenerator + Bulk Up, Baton Pass, U-turn & Hi Jump Kick.

Nature: Jolly (-SpA, +Spd)
Ev's: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 SpD/HP

Start by buffing with Bulk Up (shame it doesn't learn Hone Claws, but Bulk Up will do), deal serious damage with Hi Jump Kick. When weakened, use Baton Pass to pass on your buff and regain 1/3 of your HP through Regenerator. When your opponent uses a Psychic type, use U-turn as a parting gift and regain some more HP. (By the way, does Pursuit still work if I use Baton Pass or U-Turn? If it doesn't, that would make these moves even better :thumbup: )

Hi Jump Kick won't miss under normal circumstances if you carry a Wide Lens.

Last edited:
Blazeiken (Sol-Badguy)
Adament /no item
Ability: blaze (would prefer speed boost but dream world is gone)
Att 252 speed 252 HP 4
Flare blitz
Acrobatics
stone edge
Sky uppercut

This was the first Pokemon I ever ev trained.

Blaziken is banned. Also, without Speed Boost you pretty much need a Mega Stone to function in battle, but a Speed Boost Blaziken with Life Orb or Focus Sash would be even better. You can get a Speed Boost Torchic form the XY launch event and then breed your own with good IVs and Nature if you want to use it in Ubers.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom