• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Protagonists/Player Characters

They look pretty generic. If we have customisation people can do what they want at least.

I'm really, really torn this time, as I like three of the female PC's looks--the blonde is just "meh" to my eyes--and I'm not sure which look I'll take. The paler skin with dark hair? Medium complexion and brunette? Dark skin and dark hair? I just don't know. They're all really, really cute.

In other words, GF hit it out of the park with the latter three. The first one is just underwhelming to me.

The fact you have to choose hair colour in the beginning, might mean there is no hair customization.

That option existed in XY, too. It makes sense that each skin tone corresponds to a realistic hair color.
Oh, then maybe, yeah. We will see. But I would have expected much more customization examples with this trailer, if full clothes customizing was returning...

They will probably talk about that later. Customization is not a new feature so they didn't need to show it in the trailer that much. Starters, box Legendary Pokemon and a bit of the region and game-play probably had the priority considering it's just the first trailer. They gotta leave some news for later! :LOL:

The fact you have to choose hair colour in the beginning, might mean there is no hair customization.
We chose a hair color/skin pairing to start with in X/Y, too, the only thing different is a 4th option for skin.

That being said, I'm glad skin and hair customization's back, and it looks like clothing customization's back, too, considering the recolored pants in the scene with the apparent rival. This pleases me! :) I just hope we get more unnatural hair colors and more hairstyle quantity (along with clothes) for the guys to the point of equality with the girls.

Oh yeah, I forgot that their is now more skin color to the trainer customization which make it even more interesting for players from all races to see how their characters will look according to them, but let's see if we can get more of that customization in the actual games.

Crawling out of the woods for the time being... Where are people seeing the protagonists hair colors?? I'd love to see the options, but can't seem to find it on Youtube. :V

I really like the boy so far. I just hope customization for clothes and hair aren't total garbage like in XY. Seriously, I'm still salty how the girl got a fucking department store and the boy got a broom closet.

They look kinda basic compared to past PCs, honestly. Even Calem and Serena looked cooler, even though they were customizable.

Assuming it's back, all I really wish is to be able to change the girl's hair length. The short Calem-esque look ain't doing it for me. Speaking of, the dude pretty much looking like an older Calem is a it disappointing, but I guess he looks different enough.

Crawling out of the woods for the time being... Where are people seeing the protagonists hair colors?? I'd love to see the options, but can't seem to find it on Youtube. :V

I really like the boy so far. I just hope customization for clothes and hair aren't total garbage like in XY. Seriously, I'm still salty how the girl got a fucking department store and the boy got a broom closet.

You probably found it already, but here you go anyways:

gen7customization-pokemon-sun-moon.JPG

Unlike most people, I don't think the male protagonist looks too much like Calem. He has a different hair style and a different hat, how more different can you get? Generic, yeah, maybe, but too similiar to past protagonists? Not at all. I'll be going with the tan boy because it's the one that's the closest to me.

The male PC is terrible. I understand that thanks to customization less effort is being put into these, but is it too hard to design something unique and mature? This boy is the total opposite of that, too young and generic.
The girl has a decent hairstyle and a decent "hat", that could lead into a workable design. I'll wait to see her artwork to judge her better.

I actually like the male protagonist. Maybe he is a little plain, but I think he has a pretty solid design as-is. I think the issue is more to do with his clothes than himself. Personally I also think he looks more like Hilbert than he does Calem. That might be why I like him as I really liked Hilbert's design.

Back
Top Bottom