• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

The last Shiny Pokémon I found was in Soul Silver. I was looking for Raikou around Route 31, east of Violet City. When I didn't hear Raikou's battle theme start, I was thinking "GO AWAY WILD POKEMON" until I saw a shiny golden Bellsprout and nearly had a heart-attack.

I found my first gen V shiny fairly recently! It was a Vullaby that's now a Mandibuzz. The bugger appeared in a wild double battle too, and my team was too strong to attack it without knocking it out. So kept switching my Pokemon and throwing Pokeballs at it until I got it in a Great Ball. :3

I've gotten four other shinies in the past though through wild encounter. Rattata in FR (which is now a Raticate), Zubat in HeartGold (which is now a Crobat), Aron in Emerald (now a Lairon), and Kricketune in Platinum.

This means I've gotten at least one shiny from each gen! :D

In SoulSilver, I was in the Safari Zone and I encountered a shiny Sentret. I tried to catch it but it ran away.

Trying to get a Shiny Beldum via breeding, so far no luck, if anyone wants a regular Beldum, just let me know =)
Never had my own shiny before

Trying to get a Shiny Beldum via breeding, so far no luck, if anyone wants a regular Beldum, just let me know =)
Never had my own shiny before

You picked yourself a heck of a task on that one. So many egg cycles. D:

Good luck. :3

Edit: 8-19 (since mine was the last post two days ago, I don't want to double post)

I've been kind of half going through a chain of voltorb for a few hours. I've been putting the DS to sleep a lot out of lack of focus on my part. I got the first one some time around 5:30 am and didn't get the next one until about two hours later despite the fact that I had to have spent at least a half hour to an hour actively looking. But the weird thing is the next one came two pokeradar resets after that one and the one after that came as soon as I caught the one before it (which is a first for me).

It's especially nice since it's apparently been two weeks since I last got a shiny and my current MM hunt for munna in White has reached 1244 eggs. And, being that this is the first MM hunt I have promised myself I will stick out, it is getting slightly tedious.

Last edited:
Congratulate me, I finally made it and got my Shiny Latios in HG a few hours ago!! Since I actually don't ever have any luck with SRing, it took a horrible amount of time. I stopped counting after 10 000 reseting x__x. But yay, I still got Latias to do...

Haha I remember the very first time I caught a shiny Pokemon, It was in the Sky Tower when I was on my way to catch Rayquaza in Emerald and I ran into a Shiny Golbat. I threw my master ball at it and had to catch Rayquaza with a Ultra Ball...

Well right now, I am on a quest to catch a shiny Pokemon. I don't care what it is, I just want to be able to catch it. I might even throw my camera in front of it and record it for Youtube! :D

I restarted my Black about a week ago, and about an hour later, I found a shiny Blitzle on Route 3. I was slightly annoyed, though, because I'd been on a shiny hunt before I'd restarted.

I have three legitimate Shinies, all from Generation 5:
A Shiny Shuckle I found in a week of owning White.
A Shiny Galvantula that I found as a Joltik while trying to evolve a Magneton.
A Shiny Lv. 19 Cinccino that I got from Negotiation Trades.

I've NEVER encountered a shiny in the wild without chaining. :/ I seem to have better luck breeding them. I bred a shiny Eevee in Silver using the shiny Ditto method, and yesterday I hatched a shiny Azurill out of nowhere in Leaf Green.

Okay, I'm feeling so lucky right now. A few post earlier I raged about, how long it took from me to get my Shiny Latios (a far over 10 000 resets). Well now I already got my Shiny Latias (---:! Took only 11 resets.

I was in the johto safari zone looking for larvitars when a random shiny rattatta appeared! it took 3 safari balls and a lot of praying "PLEASEDONTRUNAWAYPLEASEDONTRUNAWAY" until i captured it. It is now a red raticate named redicate. :p

I've NEVER encountered a shiny in the wild without chaining. :/ I seem to have better luck breeding them. I bred a shiny Eevee in Silver using the shiny Ditto method, and yesterday I hatched a shiny Azurill out of nowhere in Leaf Green.

I seem to have the opposite problem as you. I've managed eight random encounter shinies (nine if you count the pidgey that I failed to catch) but I've hatched at least 100 wooper and dweble, a few hundred abra, and 1348 munna with no bred shinies... and all but the wooper have been Masuda method breeding. D:

my friend had a shiny ninetales (named shinetales) in his firered, and he RESET HIS GAME. He still hasn't found another shiny.

I bred a shiny Eevee in Silver using the shiny Ditto method,

What's ironic about that is;shiny eevee IS silver. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not ironic.

I found a shiny Emolga earlier. What is it with the shiny Electric-types recently?

Back
Top Bottom