• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

I was just wandering into dark green grass when two deerling poped out. I saw one was a shiny but i just thought that it was a differance in gender (it was my first time going through white so i didn't know everything about it yet) and just as i was goign to kill it i just thought "dude that's shiny!" so i managed to catch it and it had the right nature and everything! so i'm very happy about that.

Encountered a Shiny Stoutland in the Cold Storage in White. He almost killed himself, but I caught him with a Heal Ball.

The first shiny I encountered was in my original Playthrough of Black. I had been making up my party to play through the game with and finally got to where you could catch Litwick (ghost/fire is my kryptonite), right as I stepped into the tower to do that task you're sent on, I encountered a shiny Litwick and it's been my baby ever since- it also happened to be my first Litwick encounter which I still think is pretty funny.

A day or two after that I took a break from Black and went to get the shiny Gyarados (that I'm not allowed to talk about) from the Lake of Rage in Soulsilver, and on my way back to the Pokemon center with the most annoying shiny ever, I ran into a Shiny Noctowl and you guys should have seen my boyfriend's face not even a week after I had found Litwick, it was priceless.

A few weeks after that I was Pal-parking from Platinum and ran into a Shiny Tentacruel, I accidentally got a critical hit and killed it though :(

Then, for a late birthday present, my friend got me a copy of Diamond, and I've used that game to use the Masuda method to hatch a shiny eevee. I'm 242 eggs through and think I'm quitting because I wouldn't know which to evolve it into. X_x

But yeah, I've played my original Sapphire for over 600 hours and I've never encountered a shiny in that game.

You might be able to catch Poochyena post-Hall of Fame. I'm not sure though.

Anyway, I recently found a shiny Tentacool in SoulSilver while going back to Olivine City. Only problem was, I WAS OUT OF POKEBALLS. And that was the whole reason I was heading back to Olivine from Cianwood City in the first place before exactly THAT happened! >_<

In White, I was beating up Palpitoads, Stunfisks and Shelmets in the splashy water at Icirrus City when I happened upon a shiny Palpitoad. Couldn't come up with a nickname so for now he's just named Bro-Toad.

Meanwhile in Fire Red I was doing some training on One Island to prepare for the fight with Giovanni when I ran into a shiny Spearow. She's now a Fearow named Morrigan and soon I plan to transport her into White so she can get the Drill Run attack.

Back on my first run-through of pokemon black I found a shiny Cobalion the first time i ever encountered that legendary, but i ran out of pokeballs trying to catch it.

There was rage. lots of it.

The very first shiny I saw besides the Red Gyarados was a shiny Delibird in the Ice Path as I made my way to Blackthorn City. Unfortunately, it ran away before I could catch it, though I didn't realize at the time how rare shinies were. At least I found and caught a shiny Geodude and Donphan later on.

In my White version I have found by chance a Shiny Blitzle and a Shiny Durant. They both kind of just sit in my PC and rot away without me using them, still it was kind of cool finding them.

On my Soul Silver a friend of mine who constantly uses the Masuda Method gave me a Shiny Swalot, a Shiny Croagunk and a Shiny Slowpoke. The Croagunk and Slowpoke I plan on using a lot in a team that I'm building so I'm happy with those two. The Shiny Swalot, although sadly useless with it's terrible nature, is still one of my favorite pokemon so my friend bred it for me knowing it was one of my favorite pokemon. :D

Currently, I'm trying to do the Masuda Method for myself on White Version for the first time ever. I'm trying to breed my self a Shiny Clamperl. I've been doing this for two days now with no results... so wish me luck... It's tedious...
I will report back when I have successfully bred my Shiny Clamperl.

:D

dscn0091y.jpg

This thing just hatched this afternoon! This morning, my class at college, it was cancelled due to some power outage. So, to pass the time, I started MMing Klink. Not even a hundred eggs later, I hatch this thing! And the best part is, the Everstone did its job! It's an Adamant Shiny Klink!

Wow, congratulations, Missingno. Master. ^^
The only shiny Pokémon I've had anything to do with lately was the shiny Golurk event that I got from a friend.

I was just training one day in Etrna forest and I saw a Shiny bunery in a Wild Double battle, sence of Cheryl, I knocked Cheryl's Chansey out and the Cascoon that was accompying the Bunery, then a few Pokeballs later, I caught it. First and only Shiny ever. Although one OTHER day, in the morning I was going to trade with myself, and I saw a Shiny Budew, Ended up I got a Critical hit and knocked it out, then, well...what do you think?

The only shiny pokemon ive got is the mentioned red gyarardos at the lake of rage.I did encounter a shiny milotic though but i didnt know it was a shiny.Dammit!

Just had a dissapointing 3,400 sr for a shiny regirock gave up caught him was going to catch rayquaza but I kept sucking and falling through the cracked tiles as I did obviously wild pokemon would appear then all of a sudden bam! shiny golbat appeared! I was so psyched I know most of you prob think thats lame but i was pumped 3rd shiny on my emerald!

I've encountered two shinies in Black and White. My shiny male Unfezant, I like it because he's purple. The other one is my shiny Petilil. It looks ugly to me. :p

Back
Top Bottom