• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

I restarted my Black about a week ago, and about an hour later, I found a shiny Blitzle on Route 3. I was slightly annoyed, though, because I'd been on a shiny hunt before I'd restarted.

What's up shiny Blitzle buddy.

I just encountered one this morning as I was trying to find a good place to EV train my Scraggy, I didn't even notice until the "ping" sound effect came.

That brings my shiny count to 22. 26 if you include that Shiny Pichu and the 3 legendary beasts. Holy crap.

I just got my first shiny ever this morning!! random encounter in emerald I just had gotten dive from Steven stone and was exploring the diveable areas was looking at phone when i heard a sparkle noise i was like what did i just hear that!@?! and low and beold just caught a shiny tentacool! I was so excited!

first natural Shiny the other day, It was in my nuzlocke run of HG. A shiny tentacool, wasn't the first encounter in the route but i still caught it

White version route one, trying to hatch an egg. Ran into blue Patrat. Threw Premier ball. Caught Patrat. Joins my shiny Tentacruel, Rayquaza, Graveler, Phanpy, Arceus, Darkrai. Only Arceus is a hack, all others are Legit.

Yesterday on pearl I was on route 218 trying to chain a shiny ditto and on the fifth or sixth time its on I notice a patch of grass sparkling and as I approached the patch my heart became filled with excitement and after 2 dusk balls I finally got a shiny ditto

This happened about a month ago. I was walking about in my Heartgold Safari Zone and I found a shiny Sentret. I catched it and evolved it into a Furrent.

Just hatched a Shiny Turtwig in BW. It's the 9th egg I've ever hatched in this game. ._. (I have a Japanese Ditto just on the off chance that it might produce a Shiny while I was breeding random Pokemon... but I didn't expect it to happen this fast!)

Last edited:
So wow this is cool I already posted how about maybe 2 weeks ago I found a shiny tentacool. Now JUst tried going through the Hoenn elite 4 in emerald went alright but then the champion (Wallace I think) creamed me so I decided I better go to victory road to level up my guys some more. I think I ran from a plain aron then the second wild pokemon to appear was a Hariyama i thought it looked a little odd as it slid out in the battle sequence but when it became illuminated, I knew and saw that sparkle again! I was so worried though because most of the wild Hariyama's in victory road know whirlwind and I didn't want to lose this chance. I also didn't want to just chuck my master ball. So I through a repeat ball then 1 shake... 2 shakes.. 3 shakes... caught!!! It was only after that I realized that I didn't own a Hariyama and was thinking of makhuita which I owned so it had the same catch rate as throwing a regular pokeball. That brings my shinies owned up to 2 both by random encounter!:thumbup:

All my mons have been random encounter ones.

I caught a shiny Chansey in Pearl when I was training against some lower level mons.
A Rhydon in Platinum when training at Stark Mountain
A Wobbuffet in HG at Cerulean Cave
This next one is the worst, a SECOND Red Gyarados in HG >_> I found this one when training in Mt. Silver
And most recently a Graveler in Platinum. I'll say though that one was the worst to try to capture cause I kept thinking it would use Explosion.

Last edited:
I was training with the Audino in the Giant Chasm when I found a Shiny Lunatone! I love it! Unfortunately, it's not something I'd use on my team. Boxed.

I was SRing for a good Cobalion a few months back (I didn't know how to RNG yet), and a shiny one popped up. Same thing happened with an Articuno a few years back...

So, guys, remember that shiny Lairon I mentioned having in Emerald? Well, I finally got around to evolving it into a shiny Aggron some days ago! Woot!

this very long ago lol when i finish my pokemon white game i want to breed iv/ev team and one of them was a zorua i kept hatching and out of the blue a shiny zorua came to my life but sadly the zorua was not a nature i wanted lol so i clone it and trade it to ppl who wants it lol but yeah and on diamond or platinum i was breeding a chimchar for my team and it hatch a shiny chimchar but sadly not a nature i wanted lol so i end trading it for another shiny pokemon i wish i clone it lol oh well and i got a gts a shiny legendary pokemon thundurus still dont know if that pokemon is legit lol oh well

I caught a shiny Magnemite which is now a Magneton. My ultimate goal is to get a shiny Rayquaza!

I've had two random shinies: one zubat, which I still have around somewhere but haven't done much with, and one wurmple which I evolved to dustox. I named it Purple. :D That one I don't have anymore, though, because I accidentally restarted the game without transferring it.
Haven't had any others yet, but I think I'll mess with the Masuda method, I breed a lot of pokemon anyways. And I'm pretty sure I have a few foreign pokemon around...

It doesn't matter which gender the foreign Pokemon is.
Also, double posting is greatly frowned upon. Just warning you, since you're new. You can go back and edit posts of yours if you need to add anything.

Back
Top Bottom