• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

Came across a random Shiny Pidove while I was hatching eggs for the MM, too bad it was a female -.-

Im still happy but evolved the male looks much better

I hope to get a shiny Golett. Wish me luck.

The only shiny Pokémon I've caught, or even encountered, before was the shiny Gyarados. :-(

Ive only encountered a shiny on Diamond. I had chains of 40 and 42, but the shiny bellsprout I caught was only the second in the chain when I caught it :).

Gold: Gyarados, Ditto (Mimic Gen 1 trick), Zubat, Nidoran ♀
Sapphire: Zigzagoon (natural, not Berry Fix), Spinda
Platinum: Drifloon--*BOY* was I surprised when I walked up to the Valley Windworks that Friday!
Black: Only the three Transferred Legendary Beasts, no wild encounters yet :(

Yesterday I had one of the best GTS trades ever. I got a shiny Metang for a regular Venusaur. Caught in a Master ball,Giant Chasm,everything seems legit.

I just had what had to be the most improbable pair of encounters I've ever witnessed. I was wandering through Crater Forest,going to go get Kyurem. Standard stuff. I walk into a patch of grass. First encounter: Shiny Ditto. Nearly ecstatic (this is my first shiny non-Gyrados encounter ever), I proceed to excruciatingly slowly whittle down its hp.I catch it with the first ball. Being the uncreative moron I am, I name it blueberry and shove it in a box. Then I go and get Kyurem. On the way back out, I walk through some grass. SHINY METANG! I honestly just paused, got up, and did a little dance on the spot.

Then I shoved Metang into the PC for the rest of eternity, because I already have a level 100 Metagross. ;-)

I just had what had to be the most improbable pair of encounters I've ever witnessed. I was wandering through Crater Forest,going to go get Kyurem. Standard stuff. I walk into a patch of grass. First encounter: Shiny Ditto. Nearly ecstatic (this is my first shiny non-Gyrados encounter ever), I proceed to excruciatingly slowly whittle down its hp.I catch it with the first ball. Being the uncreative moron I am, I name it blueberry and shove it in a box. Then I go and get Kyurem. On the way back out, I walk through some grass. SHINY METANG! I honestly just paused, got up, and did a little dance on the spot.

Then I shoved Metang into the PC for the rest of eternity, because I already have a level 100 Metagross. ;-)

"Crater Forest"? Don't you mean the Giant Chasm?

That IS quite lucky there though. :eek:

All of my shinies (Feebas and Golett) have been in Pokemon White (I think that game is lucky)

All of my shinies (Feebas and Golett) have been in Pokemon White (I think that game is lucky)

I'm almost positive it's the most generous game they have ever made. I'm grinding for a shiny pokemon in white right now. Wish me luck everybody :)

People seem to be so lucky in BW but I've had the same shiny rate in it as with my Platinum, a single random shiny, in platinum it was a Machop right outside of the town with the first gym, and as stated a bit earlier in the thread I found a shiny Pidove when I accidentally rode into some grass while I was hatching eggs for my MM Lillipup. Hopefully my luck will begin to change, though I suppose even that many random shinies isn't something to complain about. Nice job on the shinies everybody!

I'm not lucky... I've played Black to death, yet I've had no critical captures and only one shiny, my Mandibuzz which I caught as a Vullaby. That was an awesome catch, though. Got it in a Great Ball at full health during a wild double battle (of course, I had to take out the Amoongus that was there with it first. Thing is, I was training a Frillish which is weak to dark type Vullaby and the rest of my team were too strong to attack the Vullaby without knocking it out). :D

I hope to get a shiny Golett. Wish me luck.

The only shiny Pokémon I've caught, or even encountered, before was the shiny Gyarados. :-(
Good luck on trying to get a shiny Golett and may it go easier for you than it has for me. The little bugger seems to be avoiding me for some reason.
Shiny Golett seems quite sought after :p
Well, it is adorable. (At least I think it is.)

I seriously hate you right now. :lol:
I kid, I kid. Congrats!

I had better luck with shinies on Pearl and Platinum. I mean, my luck was so great that my hubby was jealous of me. I was able to get my shiny Palkia in 35 resets, got a shiny Spiritomb in about three days, nabbed a shiny male Combee the same night I got my Spiritomb (I was resetting for a female Combee and well...) and got a shiny Giratina after two days of resets. Platinum was a little stingier but it randomly gave me a shiny Zubat in the Lost Tower. But Black has given me nothing, if you exclude all the shinies I've nailed from GTS. And boy, do I have a lot from the GTS.

Yeah, I have 72 shinies now...they're all from the GTS and they're all the exact same species. On top of that I'm trying to breed for one as well. Oh no, I'm not totally obsessed over here. Not at all... :sweatlol:

I thought the pokerader for getting shinies would be really easy for some reason XD

so much dissapoint lol

I thought the pokerader for getting shinies would be really easy for some reason XD

so much dissapoint lol

What's it like?
It's actually pretty difficult. There's a whole bunch of rules to follow if you want to keep the chain going. And you need a lot of Max Repels.
What can I say though, I got six of my Shiny Pokemon with the radar.

I've used repels and followed the rules and my chains still break early. I don't understand it. But I know the rules.

1. You want to use a large patch of grass. As big as you can find. This is because your chains are less likely to break when there are at least four bushes next to you at every direction (north, south, east, and west).

2. You want to go to the shaky/sparkly bush farthest from you. This bush has the highest chance of being the same Pokemon you met in the last shaky/sparkly bush.

3. You always have to defeat the Pokemon you find in the shaky/sparkly bush or else your chain will automatically end and you'll have to recharge the Pokeradar's battery and restart.

4. Of course, use lots of repels so you can make it to that far bush without a wild Pokemon in a non-shaky/sparkly bush interrupting.

I know all this, yet I've never been able to chain more than ten of one Pokemon...give or take.

Back
Top Bottom