• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

I've recently found my first shiny in Y, while trying to capture an Abra (in route 5 I think) I came across a shiny Doduo which i almost lost because i wasn't paying much attention xD

Just found my 2nd shiny. It was in Friend Safari. It is a shiny Whirlpede with Hasty nature and x/31/x/31/x/x so now I have a shiny I might actually use. I evolved it into Scolipede and LOVE the Red/Blue color scheme.

I just got Y for Christmas and beat the Elite 4 on Tuesday. Started to Fish Chain, and have found a Qwilfish (I killed it by accidentally selecting the wrong move), a Shellder (Orange), a Relicanth (Baby Blue Scales), and I found a Basculin that Self Destructed on me yesterday.

I've never caught a shiny. ;-; Only shinies I have are the ones guaranteed to be (x.x); Gyarados, Haxorus, Gible. Plus the Shiny Creation Trio. That's basically it. lol

Last edited:
I just caught my 5th shiny on Y: a Lampent. Which is great, because Chandelure is one of my favorite shinies and its colour scheme fits perfectly with the Luxury Ball I used to catch it :D

Caught my first shiny on X, and my second legitimate shiny overall, two days ago. ♥ It was a Sandslash in one of the tunnels around Kalos (can't remember which one), which is not my favorite pokemon, but eh, it's better then a shiny Scatterbug or something. xDD.

Was trying to find the third slot for someone's Fairy Friend Safari (which turned out to be yellow flower Floette). Found a shiny Swirlix!

First time I walked into a friend's flying Friend Safari, bam, Shiny Hawlucha appeared. Took every last pokeball i had to catch it.

First time I walked into a friend's flying Friend Safari, bam, Shiny Hawlucha appeared. Took every last pokeball i had to catch it.

I never leave home without 50 of every pokeball type and a False Swiper.

Anyway, since getting my shiny charm I have now got 3 shinies in the last 24 hours; Sneasel, Whismur and Gulpin. I'm now hunting for Murkrow.

Anyway, since getting my shiny charm I have now got 3 shinies in the last 24 hours; Sneasel, Whismur and Gulpin. I'm now hunting for Murkrow.

I had a false swiper, the Hawlucha was just stubborn as all hell lol. finally I just hit it 20 times with false swipe then threw the last 5 balls until it stuck on the very last one TTwTT I was so relieved.

two weeks of playing and not a single shiny (not even when i tried to chain while fishing) and then yesterday in the friend safari suddenly a shiny mankey, with good ivs too. i was pretty excited about it, but like 10 minutes later, BAM a shiny Quilladin! i couldn't believe it, two shinies in one day! i've never even found more than one in a game (not counting the gyarados), so it was really nice.
but wait there's more! like 12 hours later i had to come back to the friend safari to find a krabby, but i was doing that while doing something else so i wasn't paying attention. i look at the screen and it was the usual, yet another frogadier, but something seemed odd about it. it felt, less blue than usual so i thought "is it shiny? might as well catch it and find out" so after throwing like 10 net balls at it, it finally got caught and now i have a shiny greninja (with terrible IVs and nature) which looks great

The fourth shiny in 24 hours was Swirlix on Route 7. I was half-expecting a shiny at this point but not Swirlix. yay! I called her Pamella.

Found a Shiny Gulpin in a horde. Because I'm not a fan of Gulpin, I Wonder Traded it.

"Since getting my shiny charm" is this in X and Y? How do you get it? Or are you just referring to B2/W2?

"Since getting my shiny charm" is this in X and Y? How do you get it? Or are you just referring to B2/W2?

I'm sure he meant in X and Y, since I don't think Whismur is in the New Unova Dex. He got the charm from completing the National Dex.

Anyways, got another shiny: a Swablu from a horde.

I just added a sixth shiny to my collection: a female Nidoran. I was just IV breeding Nidoran when suddenly that shiny appeared. With the best IVs I've bred on a Nidoran so far :D

Found a Shiny Gulpin in a horde. Because I'm not a fan of Gulpin, I Wonder Traded it.

Weird, I ran into one the other day. Nicknamed it Blue Gut, I wasn't even wanting to battle I just accidentally ran into the grass while trying to hatch eggs or wait for another egg to spawn.

Got my second ever shiny Mienfoo; this time from breeding. Had an unintentional Masuda going.

This morning I found a Shiny Mankey in the Friend Safari. Unfortunately I used Shadow Ball with Haunter and ended up knocking it out, it was more powerful in the level 30's than I thought. -.-

I ran into a Shiny Geodude in a Horde on Victory road. I had to sacrifice my lv 95 Mega Charizard Y to catch it. I found that ground type Pokémon will use less ground moves on flying types, thus the geodudes were not accidentally using Magnitude on each other.

Back
Top Bottom