• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shore [Competitive Discussion]

I never knew this place existed.
I'm home..

Hey, I have a question.

Is Koraidon + Walking Wake a good duo for Double and/or Multi Battles? While I know I don’t have to worry about the sun that much if my only water move is Hydro Steam Since it just gets boosted 50% instead of taken down, but I wanted to hear some advice about it. ^^
Yeah it could be a good duo actually. Like what was said earlier your only weakness is mainly Flutter Mane, but I can see Raging Bolt also Being an issue for your Walking Wake (Thunderclap), but even then Koraidon is right there lol, hmmm I would personally run Choice Specs on Wake since it'll already be in the sun with Koraidon. And Koraidon?? I haven't used it much...only once. I think the set was

Life Orb
Tera Fire
Adamant Nature
252 ATK and 252 Speed
Collision Course
Swords Dance
Outrage
Flare Blitz
Tera Fire is good because it helps Koraidon become resistant to Flutter Mane's Dazzling Gleam and Moonblast, and it gives Flare Blitz Stab, which would already have been boosted in the Sun AND the Orichalcum Pulse boost.
Collision Course and Outrage are basic STAB options, Swords dance boosts your attack. You could drop Outrage for something else though.

And Walking Wake hmm I used it a few times.

Choice Specs
Modest nature
252 Special Attack and 252 Speed
Tera Water

Hydro Steam
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
idk a flast move but you could go
Snarl, or something.

Hydro Steam and Draco Meteor are just your funny click button and do big damage STAB moves and Flamethrower is there for Coverage

(Please note that you can tweak the EVs and Moves these are just suggestions.)

Here's the team. It's mainly intended for VGC stuff, considering the use of an uber mon lol. It's a mixed rain and electric terrain team. My strategy in my head is to lead with pelipper and archaludon to get the rain up, then u-turn pelipper out to send in pincurchin and get the terrain out. Then just sort of go from there. Thundurus is a backup setter due to it being able to use prankster electric terrain and rain dance. Raging bolt is a big-time attacker. and basculegion is a backup attacker should i need it. I know i can only pick 4 mons in vgc, but whatever lol.
That's not a bad team actually, too bad Game Freak casted Tapu Koko into the shadow realm...now you cant have a better Terrain Setter. Anyways, your main weakness is probably just Rillaboom and maybe opposing Raging Bolt.

Back
Top Bottom