• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The Simpsons Mafia: GAME OVER: MAFIA WINS! 29/08/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Simpsons Mafia: Day 4: Die Young 22/08/14

Well I guess I'm dead trust me you will regret it though just saying. I can't really say anything to clean my slate other than you will get another mis-lynch but you don't have anyone else looking more guilty so good luck for the rest of the game town.

Erm... you have until the 24th... and two votes.

I honestly have no idea so far :-/

I usually go by who they defended ect :C, but I can't even see who agrees with each other.

Re: The Simpsons Mafia: Night 4: Smart Kill 24/08/14

Lisa was sitting alone in the cafeteria as usual. After the death of her father and baby sister, school was even more appealing than before. Somewhere she didn't have to look her distraught mother in the eye or stare at Maggie's toys. She finished her salad and walked out of the cafe. The hallways were surprisingly empty for this time of day. She headed toward her locker, hoping to get a few minutes to read her book before the bell went. Everywhere she looked, sympathetic eyes watched her, even the bully's had backed off out of respect for the difficult time she living in. She opened her locker and found a note tucked underneath a stack of books.

"Meet me by Willie's shack, 1PM. Don't be late"

The handwriting was neat, almost fancy. Certainly not the handwriting of a child. She was alarmed by the note but curiosity meant that she couldn't just ignore it. She looked at the clock, she had only a few minutes until 1PM and the note said not to be late. She slammed the door of her locker shut and ran out into the yard. It was empty and class hadn't even started yet, did the bell ring already? She couldn't be sure and strangely, she didn't care. She walked over to Wille's shed and looked around.

"Psst. Over here!"

Lisa: "Who's there?"

"Come over here, we don't have much time"

Once again curiosity got the better of her and she walked towards the voice.

"I'm sorry Lisa, I have to do this"​

Dear Hippowdon, You are Lisa Simpson

Lisa_Simpson_zpsfeae4992.png

Most definitely the brightest member of the Simpson family, your intellect surpasses that of any of your family members or school friends. You spend most of your life analising, whether it is books or people’s true feelings towards you. You find it hard to trust people. Because of you suspicious nature, you are the Conversion Cop.

Every night you may PM me with the name of a player. The next day your will be told whether or not that player has been subjected to conversion by the Mafia.

You are allied with the Town. The Town will win if/when all Mafia are eliminated.​

Hippowdon was killed. He was allied with the Town.

It is now Night 4.You may start sending in your night actions. This phase will end at approximately 1am GMT on the 25/08/14. 11/16 players remain.

1 @Oswin;
2 @Midorikawa;
4 @Leggo;
5 @Beck;
6 @HumanDawn;
7 @Neonsands;
9 Life; (Waiting for Sub)
10 @RainbowSkittles;
12 @Darrman;
13 @Hippowdon;
14 @GastlyGibus;
15 @Forgotten;

Alright, well. I really want to do something, but people aren't giving me anything to go with. It's hard, you know?

Sorry I've been a bit inactive, been busy. So we've got a mislynch and two no lynches. I don't have any real reads, but I'll flick through the thread and post them.

I'm willing to sub considering that my sub has just died.

I forgot to confirm. Sorry!

I'll read through the thread and give my thoughts later.

I'm back, I'm back. I had some catching up to do, it seems. Will update you all with my thoughts on the game once I've completed reading through.

Re: The Simpsons Mafia: Day 5: Cop Out 25/08/14

Previously in Simpsons Mafia

Lou: "Are you sure this is a good idea Chief? Homer Simpson put in charge of infiltrating the Mafia?"

Wiggum: "Quiet Lou! Homer may act dumb but that's exactly what it is..an act. This guy knows exactly what he's doing"

Lou seemed unimpressed with Wiggum's enthusiasm. The two continued to listen in on the conversation.

Fat Tony: "You know what Homer? I like you"

Homer: "Thanks, I like you too, but that Quimby guy huh? I bet you hated him as much as I did?"

Fat Tony: "Not really. Homer come over here. It's been too long. Give your old pal Tony a big ole hug"

Chief Wiggum and Lou listened in horror.

Lou: "He's gonna blow it Cheif!"

Homer overheard Lou in the earpiece he was wearing.

Homer: "Would you two relax! I'm not gonna give away the fact that I'm wearing a wire"

Fat Tony and Louie looked at each other with pure anger in their eyes, Homer knew he'd screwed up. Outside Lou and Wiggum began to panic. They readied their guns and prepared for an altercation. They had just gotten out of their car when they heard the gunshots.

Chief Wiggum and Lou burst through the door.

"Fat Tony, you're under arrest for the murder of Homer Simpson. You don't have to say anything.."

Fat Tony: "Shut up"

The two men looked around the room. Homer was lying in a pool of blood, the plan had gone very wrong.

Fat Tony: "In this room, we have more men than you, we have more guns than you and we have more sense than you. Put down your weapons Clancy. We can sit down and talk about this like men"

Lou: "Maybe we should do as he says Chief"

Wiggum: "Before we rushed in, Lou and I called for backup, in a few minutes the entire Springfield Police Force will come bursting through those doors. You can kill me and Lou but you wont get away Fat Tony.

Fat Tony: "Well then, I guess we'll just have to improvise...boys!"

Legs and Louie fired their guns simultaneously. Before the cops had chance to react, they were hit, on the floor and pouring blood.

Wiggum: "You think you've won? I've told you, they're on their way. It's only a matter of ti..."

Fat Tony interrupted.

"Ssh. No one is coming"

The men gathered their belongings and walked out of the restaurant. Fat Tony looked over his shoulder and witnessed Wiggum take his last breath. He took one last look behind him. Three men lay motionless on the floor but Tony did not smile, he let out a heavy sigh and switched off the light.​
Dear Oswin, You are 'Chief' Clancy Wiggum

ChiefWiggum_zpsd1af3d3f.png

The ditsy yet well meaning Cop in Springfield. Although your efforts are often ill thought out and lazy, Springfield means a lot to you and your family and you have had just about enough of Fat Tony and his goons. You are finally ready to apply yourself and take action.

Each night you may PM me with the name of the player you’d like to investigate by way of the following; [Investigate: Name]. You will be PM'd with the results of your investigations shortly after the Day phase begins.

You are allied with the Town. The Town will win if/when all Mafia are eliminated.​

Oswin was killed. He was allied with the Town.

It's is now Day 5. You may start voting. This phase will end at approximately 1am GMT on the 27/08/14. 10/16 players remain.

And there goes cop. *sigh*

Hope someone was contacted.

I'm not done with reading yet, but I thought I should post.

16 players were in this game and 6 townies are dead. Going by 1:3 ratio, there should be 4 mafia members assuming there are no thirds. Since there are 10 players left, town has to lynch mafia correctly from now on.

My top suspects are Midorikawa and HumanDawn. I'll post my reasons later (I still have to read) but one is that there's meta involved with all the experienced players dying by mafia kills.

Also, I'd like to ask the restless spirit in thread. @No Lynch; as someone fully confirmed as town (and dead), is there anything you noticed that may be worth mentioning?

Vote: Oswin

Because you're #1!
Or maybe because he’s town and you’re not.

VOTE: Midorikawa

Because you're number 2!
Or maybe because I’m town and you’re not.

VOTE:Midorikawa
OMG this is so freaking scummy.
Vote:No Lynch

With very little/no info to go on might be best served to wait till more comes
And we don’t get info when you sit there voting no lynch and doing nothing.

VOTE: Mr. Burns. He has to be up to something!
This is completely useless since it doesn’t even vote an actual player. Actually it looks like trying to avoid responsibility in the case of a mislynch.
Role received.

@Midorikawa; You voted for yourself. Can't tell if joking or serious.
Gibes I’m disappointed that you don’t know me by now.
Going to hold off on casting my vote. Hopefully something big will occur in the next day.
Useless and does nothing to help us. Sitting on your hands and waiting for something to happen just helps the mafia, not the town.
I'll stick my foot in the door now.

If we all wait for something to happen, nothing will happen. This passive playstyle is annoying. There is no harm done in voting for another player randomly.
Yet you aren’t doing anything. Hypocritical much?
@Oswin: Joke votes start the conversation!

UNVOTE: Mr. Burns (joke)
VOTE: Oswin (serious)
Why is Oswin serious?
@Mijzelffan; I'd like to hear an accusation before I can begin to defend myself. Can't really defend myself if there's nothing to defend against.

Why exactly do you find me suspicious? Midori came and voted herself for no reason. I asked her if that was a joke or if she was being serious. I suspect she might have done so to stir up discussion, but I asked her just in case.
Kind of defensive aren’t we?
Vote: Beck

You say that you're going to wait for now, and then continue to say "this passive playstyle is annoying". I donut understand.
Bad pun.
Where did I say that I was going to wait?
You didn’t but you didn’t do anything either which is the equivalent.
Oh, whoops. Honest mistake; I read your post wrong.

Unvote: Beck

mah bad .-.
No you were right. So why unvote him?
I think waiting till more info comes is the best option
NO IT IS NOT! You are sitting on your hands and not helping.

The only reason I didn't use a new joke is because I thought Beck's was funny so I followed it.

I am going to keep my vote, because Midorikawa's vote on RainbowSkittles is alarming, what does she expect him to do or say other than remove his vote?
I expect him to give opinions and do something that’s not sitting on his hands like apparently every player in this game.
You sure you want to? as I have one of the better town based roles you cannot afford to lose(this early on anyway)
Considering most of the town roles are dead, I don’t know if I believe this claim. Regardless why would you even do this, and if it’s such a town role then why are you still alive? And yes I’m sure I want you to do something that isn’t completely useless to town.

Wow, this D1 is quiet. Maybe D2 will stir up some discussion. No reads, no info.
Really? That’s all you have to say? Why don’t you try to make something happen?

Well, don't forget next time!
Funny coming from someone that did nothing.
I'm loving the flavor text and gifs!

From what I have gathered, Mijz is a pretty experienced player so I'm not too surprised he was the first to get NK'd. I'm going to go ahead and Vote: GastlyGibus, because it seems to me that he had the biggest reason to want Mijz dead.
And why is that? There was not enough interaction between them for that kind of response. Actually now I’m wondering if maybe you are mafia that nightkilled Mijz to try to frame Gibes.
That reason being...?

I only posted once last phase (apologize about that, btw. I had a lapse in memory and didn't realize the phase ended THAT DAY, so I forgot to vote. >_>). Mijz sort-of accused me as a joke, and I simply stated I had nothing to defend myself against. You said it yourself; Mijz is experienced, so that is more than enough to justify the mafia targeting him first.

I'd like to turn my attention to @Beck at the moment, who stated that he found the passive play-style annoying, then proved his point by standing by and doing nothing. Care to explain?
Ooh you saw that too. Anyways you could have killed Mijz out of something such as dislike just so you could use it as WIFOM to try to look town. Though this is another over reaction.
He was the only one to vote you, which is what I was referring to you.

But I mainly voted you to see what you had to say. For now, I will Unvote: GastlyGibus
Really? You’re giving up that easily? Seriously?
Well, bomb's dead and no mafia were wiped out. Oh well..... Since there hasn't been much posting, everyone's reads are null. For now, VOTE: Do not lynch.
WHAT GOOD WILL THAT DO!? Seriously explain please! What good will that do? How the heck do you not have any reads? How?
url]

VOTE: Midorikawa

I still find what Midorikawa did last Day Phase to be incredibly suspicious, so that's where my vote is going. She hasn't even responded to my post either.
It’s called having a life and being busy. You’re quite impatient to lynch me.
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f362/si...ing-16-08-14-a-167924/index5.html#post5334804

The strike against Midorikawa is that I think she was looking more for an easy lynch than actually getting people to speak up(and she picked somebody who'd yield the least results, no less). I'm not saying she's definitely Mafia but there's currently nothing else that strikes me as particularly suspicious and a serious vote should help kick things up.
So all the hand sitting isn’t strange to you, or Gibes overreactions or nothing?
Well, looks like I'm going to live a nice long and fruitful game.

R.I.P. Mijz
Well that’s interesting. Also nothing else to say?
Vote: Darrman Not voting is exactly what we shouldn't be doing.

I'm not too alarmed by Midorikawa's actions; but my eye is certainly on her, just like everyone else.
Does Everyone else mean human or everyone else as in the other players because no one save for Human was suspicious of me. And why Darrman?
My eye is on you equally as much as it is on everyone else. :p You've done nothing to make me think of you as scummy.

I'm voting Darrman because not voting isn't going to get us anywhere. We didn't lynch on the first day phase and we're in the same position as then, except with one less townie. We aren't going to get any leads by just sitting around here and doing nothing. I don't really want to lynch him, he's actually done nothing to make me think of him as scummy, but again, if we don't lynch this phase I fear we will be in the same spot in the next day phase.
So why lynch him if he’s done nothing scummy? And how do you know other’s opinions on me? And I still want to know who you define everyone else as.

I honestly didn't think you'd take so long, but it's irrelevant, if somebody finds something you did scummy and voted you for it, you're not any special from any one else if you take a bit longer to reply. You also posted in other parts of the forum after I brought up what I said about you Day 1.
Because people don’t have lives? Because I wasn’t inactive for the past few days? Oh and don’t go counting RPS as other parts of the forums. I’ve stated countless times that I post in them from my phone because they don’t take the stuff that mafias take. And half the time I come home from work, to exhausted to get online to respond to a mafia. I’ve said this countless times. Oh and what makes me different than others is when I’m active you know I don’t go easy on people, I also tend to notice your scummy behavior.

Flaze doesn't always have no idea what to do or always votes No Lynch. Plus, he isn't easy mislynch material like RainbowSkittles to lynch over not doing anything. No player is the same, they may be less active than other players but their beliefs, reactions and everything else would be different.
Wrong. Flaze a lot of the time does not know what’s truly going on. I know because I talk to him on skype. And yes he is easy mislynch material and often gets lynched. Some players are very similar that the same principles apply to them.

I've already explained this to you, but despite her having the second vote, you should be more knowled–geable of RainbowSkittles's play to know why voting him is pointless. She doesn't know as much as you do unless she read the games RS was in.
You don’t know what she read or not. And apparently you didn’t read the part where I was pushing him, wanting him to do more because I’m tired of the inactive playstyle of his.

It's only two votes which were when the game had 40 hours left and I've already said how it's not definite. Would you have rather I just posted nothing and waited something to happen like how almost everyone in this game is?
I give you points that you are doing more than others. However you literally point out the issue with this within it. No one is doing anything. Everyone is easy material at this point.
Vote: No Lynch

I still don't have much reads on everybody except Midori who is giving me a passionate town vibe.
Why do you see me as town? And how will another no lynch help us?
url]

The no lynch vote which I might change soon.

I don't have a reason to for No Lynch the player who wants some activity in this phase which gives me a town vibe since he wants to this phase to be productive by getting something done.
Yet you don’t change it. You don’t do anything productive.
It's 50% a pressure vote and 50% a we need to get somewhere vote. At the moment, I don't think either of you are scummy. Thus, I will be keeping my vote unless something comes up that changes my mind.
So voting someone outside of the cases is productive? WTF?
Well, this was productive!

I would like to take this to time to ask that nobody opt for a no lynch tomorrow.
Says the person that could have helped prevent it.
@CrackFox;

What do you want to do with^
What do you want to do with them?
Alright, I swear I am here and paying attention, I'm just in the transitional period of moving things back in to school, so I can only really focus on one game at a time. So give me like a day, and I should be back at it.
Still waiting for stuff from you.
We really need to be more cautious with things and try to get one of the Mafia
How about doing something and helping us.
Vote:Leggo

Would really like to see what you have to say
I would really like to see what you have to say.
Since we really haven't gotten somewhere during the last day phase due to inactivity (maybe because of the school starting), we need to get somewhere during this phase.
Well you didn’t help.
Keep in mind the risks of a power role claiming publicly in-thread since the mafia might target them next, so I wouldn't be surprised if the power roles are keeping a low profile in order to not be the next NK.
Well doctor could protect cop if cop came out.

Since Kyriaki was just NK'd, it could be possible that Kyriaki was coming on to No Lynch, so to avoid further investigation from Kyriaki, No Lynch may have decided to get rid of Kyriaki.

Either that or it could be just a coincidence that Kyriaki, the one questioning No Lynch's actions, was NK'd.
Interesting that you bring up such a WIFOM theory that I wonder if you’re mafia that decided to frame NL to get him lynched.
Well I can easily bring them into it too
@Froakie; @Oswin;

What do you think of the current situation?
What do you think of the current situation?

Stating it another thread, but just an fyi, my time on Bulba will be slim due to my semester starting, so I won't be able to post a lot here.

That said, I will be joining Leggo and Vote: No Lynch.
Why?
I see. I don't see a reason to lynch No Lynch with a claim like that.

Unvote: No Lynch (the player; not the term or the beach)
This could be mafia unvoting someone they know is town so they can’t be held responsible.

If wonder if anyone(other than me)has plans on a read
I would like to see those.
Shoot. I was meaning to come back and un-vote, but alas, I didn't have the time. Sorry, No Lynch.

I think I know who I will be voting for next phase, but I'll have to wait and see how the night plays out.
Yet you have yet to vote.
Alright, so nothing of really substance has been said at all. Actually there has been a post here and there, but nothing real major. That's a true shame. I know I'm no one to talk, but it isn't exclusively the hosts job to make people active. Everyone needs to press and bring people back into the thread. Otherwise, you give the mafia a free win like what is happening now.

So, starting from the top:
@Oswin; @Beck;

I'd like to hear your thoughts, on well, anything.

We now have a mislynch under our belts, as well as no lynches pushed. Do you think the people behind these votes meant well or what?

i understand people are busy, but we need something to go off of where :)
How about giving your own answers to your own questions.
@GastlyGibus; would like to see what you have to say about the latest round

Think I'll wait till ^comes and posts before voting
I would like to see what you have to say.
I honestly have no idea so far :-/

I usually go by who they defended ect :C, but I can't even see who agrees with each other.
How about reading? Because I’m finding plenty by reading the thread.
Well this is bad :-/
Well this is useless.
Alright, well. I really want to do something, but people aren't giving me anything to go with. It's hard, you know?
You’re kidding right? You’re more experienced than that that you know everything says something.
Sorry I've been a bit inactive, been busy. So we've got a mislynch and two no lynches. I don't have any real reads, but I'll flick through the thread and post them.
Still waiting on those.
I'm back, I'm back. I had some catching up to do, it seems. Will update you all with my thoughts on the game once I've completed reading through.
Still waiting on those.
I'm not done with reading yet, but I thought I should post.

16 players were in this game and 6 townies are dead. Going by 1:3 ratio, there should be 4 mafia members assuming there are no thirds. Since there are 10 players left, town has to lynch mafia correctly from now on.

My top suspects are Midorikawa and HumanDawn. I'll post my reasons later (I still have to read) but one is that there's meta involved with all the experienced players dying by mafia kills.

Also, I'd like to ask the restless spirit in thread. @No Lynch; as someone fully confirmed as town (and dead), is there anything you noticed that may be worth mentioning?
Yet he hasn’t responded, and I wonder if maybe mafia is hoping to mislynch me and Human. Say we’re both town, we mislynch one of us, then the other gets mislynched. This doesn’t mean that one of us isn’t possible mafia, just wanted to point out the other possibility. And still waiting to hear more from you.

And since no one is doing anything

VOTE: Life

He keeps talking about doing stuff, but doesn’t and then there is the whole being massively neutral thing. And frankly he’s my best lead right now.

I'll Vote: Midorikawa. That wallpost above was ridiculously unproductive and falsely gives the impression that you're actually doing something of value. Why waste your time commenting on every post, when you could have just mentioned the players you wanted responses from? I don't know who in their right mind would waste their time reading all of that.

I read through all of the parts that were directed at me. I think that is the point, it not only gives people something to say to be active, but it also addresses different aspects so they don't feel left out. I think it is a smart move.

Now I can understand what Midorikawa means about everything meaning something, but I just know I don't get a proper feel to this ish without something real to go by. One or two posts is enough to give me an idea of how I want to look at a person, but I couldn't get passed that because that was all I had.

if you'd like me to go off of gut instinct and why I mentioned Orsin and Beck before, it's because I thought they were the most suspicious. Not for any real reason , but just the vibes I was getting.

I'll Vote: Midorikawa. That wallpost above was ridiculously unproductive and falsely gives the impression that you're actually doing something of value. Why waste your time commenting on every post, when you could have just mentioned the players you wanted responses from? I don't know who in their right mind would waste their time reading all of that.

Why tie the votes? How about instead of the laziness that has been so common this game, being not afraid to read a little. Or do as Neon said and read just your parts, and the parts with Life since he is my vote. You're voting me and leading us toward a no lynch for trying to get some activity into this game. So your reasoning is...well something only scum wouldn't want. Duly note.

EDIT:
@Neonsands; That's why I chose someone whose given a decent enough amount to go off of. Life. He's one of the more active posters that have actually given stuff away in his posts. And as it is I can see him as a good lynch target. Have you read his collection of posts?

But I did read your entire post.

@CrackFox;, I can no longer contribute in full to this game. I have classes starting tomorrow, and a myriad of other things going on in my life right now, so I'm going to have to ask for a sub. Thank you for letting me play!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom