• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 4.0: A Mafia situation

I might be doing this the wrong way but my logic is that bus driver takes priority, unless the role blocker directly targets the bus driver.

Bus driver swaps himself and vig.
role blocker gets redirected to bus driver and fails.
vig targets the bus driver, gets redirected to self and dies.
Yeah that'd be my logic as well. Redirections always have the highest priority in the action order, then the roleblocker, and then kills are generally very low priority in terms of what beats out what in the order.

Here's a dilemma for you to solve: Say there is a bus driver, a roleblocker, and a vig in the game. The bus driver targets themselves and the vig, the vig targets the bus driver, and the roleblocker targets the vig. If this situation came up in a game, how would you resolve it? Who would the vig kill in that scenario, if anyone?
My solution to this scenario would simply to be tell the Bus Driver they can't self-target, but, failing that, my logic for priority in such a scenario is:
Roleblocker > Bus Driver > Most Everyone Else > Vig
I might be inclined to go with something more similar to LG and Snowy's logic if the Bus Driver couldn't self target, but with a self-targetting bus driver I'd always put any roleblockers at highest priority.

Take my word with a grain of salt, though, as I have no experience hosting and thus may not have a clue what I'm talking about.

You might remember my game "Weird Al" Yankovic Mafia, which I tried to host here but couldn't as this place is not active enough for a 20 player game. However, I finally got signups for it up on MU here! It will be hosted in a different environment, but the setup and mechanics are typical of the games found here. I'll ping everyone who showed interest in that game (as a player, sub, or spectator) here, and if anyone else wants to join they can!

@Contrainer @MegaPod @Funnygurl555 @Ereshkigal @ExLight @Midorikawa @Cyber Wolf @WaterBlueMan @aa-dono @DekuNut @Minish @TheCapsFan @prog rocker @Officer Snake

Sorry y'all, I know I said I was gonna try to get a game idea ready to run here, but it looks like I'm gonna have to focus on getting an off-site game running instead! Even after several event-driven delays, there's still 8 slots left!

You can find it here if you're interested.

It's not as crazy as Smash Bros but it's multiball with a high death rate, and a brand spankin' new VENGELIMINATION mechanic!
The amount of lynches each day = the number of town deaths at Night.

NOC, specs allowed.

Out of curiosity, any good games scheduled for…say, early May or so?
Asking for a friend.
You're bringing Elieson back to have him kick our asses?
I don't know that there are currently any games scheduled at all. I'd guess there's probably at least something in the works, but I am not the person with the something in the works so I haven't half a clue how far along it'd be and what it's odds of coming out in early May are.

Back
Top Bottom