• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things in pokemon that dont make sense

Hotel Richissme sells Toxic style food to their customers... WHY???

I've never understood why you can't knock a Pokémon out if you want to catch it. If I want to catch something, shouldn't I want to make sure that there is no way it can escape. So if I knock out a Pokémon and it's just lying on the ground unconscious, what the hell is preventing me from throwing a Poké Ball and catching it.

When I knocked out the Zapdos in Y, it said "The Zapdos flew away somewhere." Maybe it's the same thing? When it says that you knocked it out, it has actually just made a last ditch effort to get away?

Or maybe you just killed it

Fainted Pokemon can still use HM moves. They just lack the strength to battle, so I'm sure escape is possible.

I've never understood why you can't knock a Pokémon out if you want to catch it. If I want to catch something, shouldn't I want to make sure that there is no way it can escape. So if I knock out a Pokémon and it's just lying on the ground unconscious, what the hell is preventing me from throwing a Poké Ball and catching it.

When I knocked out the Zapdos in Y, it said "The Zapdos flew away somewhere." Maybe it's the same thing? When it says that you knocked it out, it has actually just made a last ditch effort to get away?

Or maybe you just killed it

Fainted Pokemon can still use HM moves. They just lack the strength to battle, so I'm sure escape is possible.

Hm, I guess that makes sense. It's still annoying though.

In X and Y, we can now sit on chairs, benches, couches, beds, etc. Something I noticed: you can't sit on a toilet. I tried it in Hotel Richissme and nope. You just bump against it.

So no human in the Pokemon ever has to take a crap?!

In X and Y, we can now sit on chairs, benches, couches, beds, etc. Something I noticed: you can't sit on a toilet. I tried it in Hotel Richissme and nope. You just bump against it.

Well almost never we get to see Pokemon Trainers drinking water/eating food so i guess that would make sense.

Well almost never we get to see Pokemon Trainers drinking water/eating food so i guess that would make sense.
That explains why most of the PCs are rather thin, but what about the Hikers? They are rather...ah, corpulent, to put it nicely.

The Laverre gym has one you can sit on.

If anything, it's common decency. All (but one) balls give the Pokemon a chance to escape, so by knocking something out, you remove the chance it has to stay wild.

This is something I just thought of while breeding pokémon: Why is it that you have to pay to pick your pokémon up from the day-care? Wouldn't it make more sense to have to pay so you can leave pokémon there instead of the other way around?

This is something I just thought of while breeding pokémon: Why is it that you have to pay to pick your pokémon up from the day-care? Wouldn't it make more sense to have to pay so you can leave pokémon there instead of the other way around?

No as they charge per level raised plus $1.00 so they are paid for their work, once it is done, based on how much they have done.

No as they charge per level raised plus $1.00 so they are paid for their work, once it is done, based on how much they have done.
Whatever

Why in the freakin' world is Psyduck NOT PSYCHIC TYPE!? This makes me rage and I am not kidding :K Water and psychic are my favorite Pokemon types and it would be so perfect if Psyduck is water/psychic plus it would make sense... PSYduck, its strength comes from its PSYCHIC powers. Seriously.

Why in the freakin' world is Psyduck NOT PSYCHIC TYPE!? This makes me rage and I am not kidding :K Water and psychic are my favorite Pokemon types and it would be so perfect if Psyduck is water/psychic plus it would make sense... PSYduck, its strength comes from its PSYCHIC powers. Seriously.

I know right, the cartoon even made me believe Psyduck/Golduck were Water/Psychic as they constantly referred to Psyduck's Psychic Power, and in the episode with Golduck it seemed to use Psychic moves more than Water ones.

Whereas my Starmie is Water/Psychic (not sure if Staryu is too) but it was never shown using any Psychic moves.

How can you battle in a subway and not cause major property damage or even death?

Why are you allowed to carry what's essentially a superweapon?

Mr. Mime can be female. Getting a male/female marill after evolving a azurill thats female/male in Emerald..

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom