• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things that you've always done in the Pokemon games

I always choose a Water type Starter and catch a Flying type. I also name my rival after someone I know.

I always save before every little thing, like Gym Battles, Legend Battles, League, yeah.

I used to always nickname my Pokemon as the opposite of what their actual name is supposed to be. For example, Pikachu would be Chu-Pika, Jumpluff would be Pluff-Jump, Shaymin would be Min-Shay, etc.

I think I got this weird idea after a trainer in Pokemon Stadium who names his Pokemon that way. xD

In Platinum, I've always caught a male Buizel at level 10 in Valley Windworks, always having the same nature: Quirky. This has happened for all 5 of my playthroughs. Now that's odd...

I always choose the version that has the Pokemon I like then name the protagonist after myself and name the rival my middle name. and after crystal the 3rd version choose the girl trainer and give her the name Lana

Anyone else been reading these and thinking 'Oh I do that as well!!!' It's kind of cool.

-I usually play each version at least three times so I get to try out each starter.

-Catch the regional Bird and train them both to level 10 for first rival battle.

-Never use the regional Rodent because they always suck and look like hell. (Granted, Bidoof/Bibarel was good as a HM slave)

-Always name my character after there Canon name, Red, Gold, etc.

-Never nickname my Team.

-Always catch the cool 'rare' pokemon early on (Pikachu, Ralts, Shinx) and hope to God for a good nature because it will be ages before I find another one. :lol:

I always lowercase my Pokemon's names.

Example.

"Go, VAPOREON! I AM YELLING IN ANTICIPATION OF THIS VICTORY!"

As opposed to:

"Go, Vaporeon!"

It makes me feel less angry, plus words in all caps make me unhappy. Hence me writing in all caps when I'm frustrated.

The first game in a generation I play, I always name my character my real name. That becomes my main game, and any other game I just make up a name on the spot.

. . . Used a Master Ball for a Legendary. I have no regrets.

That and since Gen III (Ruby/FR/Emerald), I've always nicknamed every Pokemon I've caught and bred.

I can't even remember what I've done in my previous games (Red and Silver) . . . it's been far too long.

I give all my pokemon nicknames, even doubles, and my beginning bird pokemon is always named Ken, after the cute little pidgey delivery bird from the anime. The majority of my nicknames come either from the Zelda series, or another relevant game to my at the time. Oh, and my rival is either named after my best friend or wife, depending on the rival.

I absolutely must have everything nicknamed. And the nicknames have to follow a theme - usually based on type, like all grass types have French names or whatever, but if I'm breeding a ton of one species, I usually pick a new theme (my extra spearows were named after missiles).

I don't use HM slaves. I switch out the highest leveled pokemon in my party for one that knows the necessary HM move(s) when I need them.

My "official" team must have three males and three females.

I put off challenging the Elite Four for as long as possible.

pick the grass starter, then train it to be my best pokémon, then train the regional rodent to be my second best.

I always use an electric type as an integral part of my team--Raichu in FireRed, Lanturn in Sapphire, and Luxray in Pearl.

I also always take time to explore a new city or town and talk to everybody before I take on the evil Team/go to the gym/do something productive.

I give my Pokemon funny nicknames. ALL of them. Every single one now that I've started Platinum.

Now that I remember, I never used that potion the lady gives you at the beginning of the game lol.

Thanks.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom