• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Sun and Moon

The reason most pseudo's are Dragons is because Dragon types are meant to be powerful pokemon and often being pseudo or legendary. I do not want Fairy to be pseudo unless it is Dragon/Fairy. Hydreigon and Goodra are great. Nothing wrong with them. We could have two pseudo-legendaries again. One could be Dragon/Fighting and the other could be Steel/Ghost. Either way, I take another Dragon pseudo over any other type.

That's why I love Metagross. He's the best exception ever! :)

So, let's hope for something unique for the pseudo this time. Maybe a Ghost/Psychic type that haunts a graveyard like the one on Ula'ula?

Dragon is a strong type, yeah, but Id like to see more diversity in the types that are pseudos. There's nothing wrong with branching out and I wish they would do it more.
True but my preference is Dragon. However most of them have a secondary type which means that they are covering more than just Dragon. Flying and Ground were covered as pseudos with Dragonite and Garchomp. Hydreigon's primary type is Dark although the type was covered by Tyranitar already. The only pure Dragon was Goodra.

Whether or not the pseudo is part Dragon or if we even get a pseudo this region is up to GF.

I agree that there should be a break from dragon-type pseudos. There's nothing special about dragon. In fact, with those kinds of stats, any other type could be even BETTER than dragon simply because dragon is only super-effective on one thing.

I'd like to see an Electric/Poison type Pokemon. It can maybe be a broken battery with acid leaking. It can have the abilities Battery and Corrosion. It can have a high Sp.Def, high Def, decent Sp.Atk, decent HP, low Spd and low Atk.

I agree that there should be a break from dragon-type pseudos. There's nothing special about dragon. In fact, with those kinds of stats, any other type could be even BETTER than dragon simply because dragon is only super-effective on one thing.
There is nothing special about any other type either. I disagree with you opinion completely. If I had it my way, I make the whole generation of pokemon part Dragon. But I don't so I expect a few Dragons this region. Dragon type is a powerful type due to having strong stats and usually classed as pseudo-legendaries and legendaries with several exceptions. That what makes them special.

There is nothing special about any other type either. I disagree with you opinion completely. If I had it my way, I make the whole generation of pokemon part Dragon. But I don't so I expect a few Dragons this region. Dragon type is a powerful type due to having strong stats and usually classed as pseudo-legendaries and legendaries with several exceptions. That what makes them special.
This feels kinda redundant... Saying Dragon type is powerful because they tend to be Pseudos and Legendaries is like saying that Normal type is weak because they tend to be the early route com-mons. That's just how the cards tend to fall unfortunately. I honestly think it's annoying to see Dragon Pseudos and Legendaries all the time, let's get more diverse, let's see powerful Pokemon of other types. Let's get some powerful Poison or Bug Pseudos and Legendaries (No, Genesect doesn't count, anything behind an event wall does not count).

This feels kinda redundant... Saying Dragon type is powerful because they tend to be Pseudos and Legendaries is like saying that Normal type is weak because they tend to be the early route com-mons. That's just how the cards tend to fall unfortunately. I honestly think it's annoying to see Dragon Pseudos and Legendaries all the time, let's get more diverse, let's see powerful Pokemon of other types. Let's get some powerful Poison or Bug Pseudos and Legendaries (No, Genesect doesn't count, anything behind an event wall does not count).

THANK you. I completely agree. Bug is one of my favorite types, and it's ruined simply because of low stats and distributions. Sure, half the type chart resisting it doesn't help, but the few that stand out like Scizor and Volcarona really stand out and do well competitively.

Now, @Arceus the Dragon, I'm not saying I don't like dragons. They're cool, and Game freak has been really creative lately with what they consider "dragon." However, the fact that 6 out of 8 pseudos are dragon really makes it seem like they're not trying new things.

But, they will do what they do, and if Jangmo-o IS the pseudo, I would love your idea of a split-evo. That would be really cool.

I mean it goes beyond that - Dragon types have a lot of good resistances (Water, Electric, Fire, and to a lesser extent, Grass), and until this generation they were indisputably the best offensive type and it wouldn't be a controversial opinion to say that they were the best type period at that time - after all, good resistances + nearly unresisted offensive STAB (that could easily be covered as all dragons get Superpower, EQ, and/or Fire Blast/Fire Punch/Fire Fang) + only 2 weaknesses (one of which is to the worst type in the game, and the other is itself so that hardly counts) = broke AF.

Of course, as of Gen VI, the best offensive type is probably Dark or Ghost (which makes me happy since Dark is my favorite type), but you could probably make an argument still that Dragon might be best type overall due to its combination of good offensive STAB and decent resistances. However, that argument would be much weaker due to Fairies being immune to Dragon STAB, gaining a new weakness in Fairy moves, and the fact that you can't cover Fairy (weak to Poison and Steel) and Steel (immune to Poison, resists Steel) in the same coverage slot, resulting in 4MSS (you need dragon STAB, your set up move, and then you only have 2 coverage slots - you can't run Fire Blast and EQ to hit Skarm and Tran or you're walled by fairies. You can't run Poison Jab and EQ or you're walled by Skarm. Can't run Poison Jab and Fire Blast or you're walled by Tran. Catch 22.) I personally believe that the best type overall is probably Fairy right now but that's a whole nother conversation.

tl;dr dragon is an inherently good type, both offensively and defensively. Unlike, say, Ice, slapping it onto a pokemon randomly is pretty much never a liability for that pokemon

I like to see Electric pokemon that is not as frail as others. Ice should really get something to make them more threatening. Plus we need better Fairy types than some of the ones we got.

I mean it goes beyond that - Dragon types have a lot of good resistances (Water, Electric, Fire, and to a lesser extent, Grass), and until this generation they were indisputably the best offensive type and it wouldn't be a controversial opinion to say that they were the best type period at that time - after all, good resistances + nearly unresisted offensive STAB (that could easily be covered as all dragons get Superpower, EQ, and/or Fire Blast/Fire Punch/Fire Fang) + only 2 weaknesses (one of which is to the worst type in the game, and the other is itself so that hardly counts) = broke AF.

Of course, as of Gen VI, the best offensive type is probably Dark or Ghost (which makes me happy since Dark is my favorite type), but you could probably make an argument still that Dragon might be best type overall due to its combination of good offensive STAB and decent resistances. However, that argument would be much weaker due to Fairies being immune to Dragon STAB, gaining a new weakness in Fairy moves, and the fact that you can't cover Fairy (weak to Poison and Steel) and Steel (immune to Poison, resists Steel) in the same coverage slot, resulting in 4MSS (you need dragon STAB, your set up move, and then you only have 2 coverage slots - you can't run Fire Blast and EQ to hit Skarm and Tran or you're walled by fairies. You can't run Poison Jab and EQ or you're walled by Skarm. Can't run Poison Jab and Fire Blast or you're walled by Tran. Catch 22.) I personally believe that the best type overall is probably Fairy right now but that's a whole nother conversation.

tl;dr dragon is an inherently good type, both offensively and defensively. Unlike, say, Ice, slapping it onto a pokemon randomly is pretty much never a liability for that pokemon
I guess that's fair, I honestly didn't even think of the type charts, I just like to see a little diversity in stuff like that. Ice could very easily get a little boost just by altering its matchup with Water so it makes sense. Cold temperatures freeze Water GF, why is Ice not Super Effective?

I like to see Electric pokemon that is not as frail as others. Ice should really get something to make them more threatening. Plus we need better Fairy types than some of the ones we got.

the best pokemon in the game is already a fairy, we good fam
nNixYK2.png

I guess that's fair, I honestly didn't even think of the type charts, I just like to see a little diversity in stuff like that. Ice could very easily get a little boost just by altering its matchup with Water so it makes sense. Cold temperatures freeze Water GF, why is Ice not Super Effective?

I agree that some types are held back by representation, but that problem has become less prominent as top tier pokemon from all types are introduced such as Scizor, MPinsir, and Volc repping Bug, Chansey and MLopunny repping Normal, etc. When considering if a type is good you have to consider how good it is to have STAB of that type, how easy it is to round out that STAB with offensive coverage, what resistances that type has, and how commonly used that type's weaknesses are as coverage or STAB moves.

On another note, Ice is already a FANTASTIC offensive type, so buffing it by making it SE on Water would not really make the type overall noticeably better. the problem is that it's weak to stealth rock, only resists itself, and that Fighting Fire and Rock are all extremely common (and Steel has become more common recently due to the introduction of Fairy). Making Ice beat water would just make bulky water types that have Ice Beam as a coverage move even more broke, since right now they usually need to run HP Grass to cover opposing bulky waters or else they're just walled

the best pokemon in the game is already a fairy, we good fam
nNixYK2.png

I agree that some types are held back by representation, but that problem has become less prominent as top tier pokemon from all types are introduced such as Scizor, MPinsir, and Volc repping Bug, Chansey and MLopunny repping Normal, etc. When considering if a type is good you have to consider how good it is to have STAB of that type, how easy it is to round out that STAB with offensive coverage, what resistances that type has, and how commonly used that type's weaknesses are as coverage or STAB moves.

On another note, Ice is already a FANTASTIC offensive type, so buffing it by making it SE on Water would not really make the type overall noticeably better. the problem is that it's weak to stealth rock, only resists itself, and that Fighting Fire and Rock are all extremely common (and Steel has become more common recently due to the introduction of Fairy). Making Ice beat water would just make bulky water types that have Ice Beam as a coverage move even more broke, since right now they usually need to run HP Grass to cover opposing bulky waters or else they're just walled
I'm gonna be totally honest here, I don't really know that much about the meta-game, I'm just speaking for what I personally tend to see, which doesn't tend to look very meta-ish for the most part. I guess I just never thought that Flying, Ground, and especially Grass 'mons showed up all that frequently.

I'm gonna be totally honest here, I don't really know that much about the meta-game, I'm just speaking for what I personally tend to see, which doesn't tend to look very meta-ish for the most part. I guess I just never thought that Flying, Ground, and especially Grass 'mons showed up all that frequently.

Flying is one of the best types in the game - Lando-T is one of the 2 best pokes in the game along Clefable, then Talonflame, Tornadus-T, MPinsir, Thundurus-I, Zard-Y, Skarmory, Gliscor, Gyarados, MAerodactyl, Zapdos, and Togekiss are all pretty common.

Ground is ALSO one of the best types in the game - besides Lando-T and Gliscor who i just mentioned, Garchomp, Hippowdon, Excadrill, Nidoking, Quagsire, Gastrodon, Diggersby, Dugtrio, Mamoswine, Mega Swampert, Zygarde, and Seismitoad can all be seen pretty commonly on the ladder.

Grass probably isn't in contention for "best type period" like Ground is or "best offensive type" like Flying, but it's solid overall and especially defensively. Breloom, Amoonguss, Tangrowth, Serperior, Mega Venusaur and Ferrothorn rank among the best Pokemon in the game, and stuff like Whimsicott, Roserade, Chesnaught, and Mega Sceptile can be seen from time to time

Wow, see quite a lot of those you just mentioned are 'mons I never even considered. Mega Pinsir? Really? If Stealth Rock is such a problem then how? Wow, and all this time I just thought people were scared of Ground because of the sheer accessibility of Earthquake.

Wow, see quite a lot of those you just mentioned are 'mons I never even considered. Mega Pinsir? Really? If Stealth Rock is such a problem then how? Wow, and all this time I just thought people were scared of Ground because of the sheer accessibility of Earthquake.

When it comes in the first time, it only takes 25% because it is only a Bug type at the time - and if you play it well, it only NEEDS to come in one time because its speed, power, the 1.3x power boost from aerilate, a priority move in Quick Attack (or even Feint if you want to outprioritize Talonflame), a move to hit Steels and Rotom-W in Close Combat, and its high Defense stat (which allows it to safely set up Swords Dance and to take priority hits like Bullet Punch, Mach Punch, extreme speed, sucker punch, and Fake Out if it has enough HP left) make it so that MPinsir simply dismantles most teams that don't have a 100% full HP Skarmory or Rotom-W

They trying to add more fairy pokemon to balance out the number for the past 5 Gens, current fairy pokemon are strong we don't need any more strong ones we have enough.

They trying to add more fairy pokemon to balance out the number for the past 5 Gens, current fairy pokemon are strong we don't need any more strong ones we have enough.
No, they are really not. The only decent ones are Xerneas, Diancie, Mawile, Azumaril, Klefki, Carbink and Whimiscott. Add Mega Altaria if megas count.

No, they are really not. The only decent ones are Xerneas, Diancie, Mawile, Azumaril, Klefki, Carbink and Whimiscott. Add Mega Altaria if megas count.

Clefable is the best Pokemon in the game, not counting Ubers. Carbink shouldn't be on that list; MGardevoir, Togekiss, and Sylveon should be,Besides that it looks about right to me

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom