• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Sun and Moon

1) Huge postgame with expanded story

2)Replace bycicle by rideable Pokemons

3) Soar in the sky again

4)6 vs 6 individual battle

5)New weather status: acid rain. Eeve will evolve into Poison through it.

6)More good looking champions and rivals like Cinthya, N, and Steven. It may seem shallow, but helps a lot for a character be popular and likeable, believe me.

7) More than 70 new Pokemons, less than 150.

1 How huge do you think the post game should be? I want the BF, but some people think the BF is boring and want differt post game activities. GF have to make five post games to satisfy all of us. And they are not gonna do that.
2 That is a neat idea.
3 It is most probably an ORAS only feature.
4 you probably mean in the Battle Maison? I agree, but I prefer 3 vs 3 personally.
5 too weird imo
6 maybe
7 I am fine with smaller numbers.

1 How huge do you think the post game should be? I want the BF, but some people think the BF is boring and want differt post game activities. GF have to make five post games to satisfy all of us. And they are not gonna do that.
2 That is a neat idea.
3 It is most probably an ORAS only feature.
4 you probably mean in the Battle Maison? I agree, but I prefer 3 vs 3 personally.
5 too weird imo
6 maybe
7 I am fine with smaller numbers.
1) I want the BF too, more exploration areas and legendary post game related.
4) 6 vs 6 can be just an option
5) maybe
6) Looks help a lot but of course, personality and backstory are essential
7) nothing against smaller numbers. I wish the number was slightly higher than XY
90 -100 is good

• Immersive stuff. I'd love to walk into ____ Town on a Tuesday to see a festival that delves into the Region's culture. Maybe some weekly or monthly events, like a fishing contest, a tournament or a fashion show.
  • Hype up the Elite Four. The Gym Leaders have way more development and focus than the E4, who just appear at the end of the game and serve as obstacles to get to the Champion. I'd like to see the game actually give them some focus, make them seem like threats on their own. If anyone watches One Piece,I'd like to see people treat the E4 to something comparable to the Yonkou.
  • I'd love to see some police stations. They could add some immersion, or maybe they could add to the plot: jail cells fill up as you defeat evil team Grunts, or you could do a sidequest where you could assist police in capturing rogue Trainers.
  • At least 100 Pokemon, maybe more. As long as we get a decent number to work with. Some people may argue quality > quantity as justification for smaller pools, but imo, Gen V had both. On the whole, Pokemon designs are pretty solid, so I'm not fussed.
  • Cross-gen evos and Mega Evolutions. I don't want Mega Evolutions to completely replace the former in general - I'd like to see both used.
  • Just eliminate HMs altogether, at the very least for post-game. You're forced to give up a slot on a Pokemon for a move that's usually useless or outclassed by something else. Soaring gave us a way to fly around the Region quickly without compromising your team or having to take out an HM Slave for a 30-second trip. Just give us some other roadblocks to fill the void.
  • And while we're at it, remove Victory Road. I'd rather have a tournament like in the anime. But if we have to have a Victory Road, make it come before the Tournament, or eliminate the need for HMs to be required. Like what does forcing you to carry around an HM Slave prove here? At any rate, the games have been merciful as of late, and HMs have become less prominent.
  • IV adjusting. I don't enjoy time getting a 6IV Pokemon to breed a deluge of babies, just to abandon the ones that aren't as good. It could be optional, so people who want to do things the old way can keep doing so.

Basically, I'd really like to see small things to make the game seem more lively and interactive. I'd like to downplay annoying technical stuff; they're just minor inconveniences or annoying time-wasters, rather than adding any sort of meaningful difficulty.

I would most like to see some big improvement with the after game. Something like the Sevii Islands.
For example,
-You can a Tournament Island that host something similiar to Black 2/White 2 tournament areas.
-Starter Island, a place where only starter Pokémon live. Basically where Professor get the new starters, besides breeding.
-Legend Island, a place where a lot of Legendary Pokémon from other regions seem to gather.

These are just some of my many ideas for these islands.

A huge legendary fight as the game's main problem. Sort of like M18.

Absolutely this! I was disappointed that we got no fight between the two primals in ORAS so I hope to see a legendary battle in gen 7.

Top 5 features I want to return in gen 7:
  1. Following Pokémon (inluding being able to choose which Pokémon follows you and an option to turn it off).
  2. Customization (with more options, and I would also like more options at the start, like choosing your hair and eye colour).
  3. Difficulty options (from the start).
  4. DexNav or Friend Safari (either would be fine, both would of course be perfect).
  5. Battle Frontier
  6. I'm just gonna add a 6th cause I really want it to return: Seals.
Top 5 improvements of existing features I'd like to see:
  1. GTS: being able to put up more than one Pokémon for trading, see the summary of Pokémon, reverse search, impossible trades (lvl 1 Gyarados, event mons) should be impossible.
  2. Wondertrade: Let us trade multiple Pokémon after each other, instead of having to restart Wondertrade and save the game over and over again. Would also like more options, like choosing a type or egg group and then you can only trade and get Pokémon from that type/egg group.
  3. IV-system: I would prefer it if the system was completely removed, but that's probably not gonna happen. So at least make it more accessible, like actually showing the IV's.
  4. Releasing Pokémon: Like was said earlier in this thread: being able to release multiple Pokémon at once. Would also like to be able to release Pokémon without having to use the computer, though I can understand people would be afraid of accidentally releasing a Pokémon.
  5. Battle Maison: I mostly use the Battle Maison to try out new competitive teams. It would therefore be great if there was an option for 6v6 single battles.
Top 5 other things I'd like to see:
  1. Customization for Pokémon (pleeeaaase).
  2. Multiple save files. I just want to be able to replay the game without having to delete all the progress I've made. I know you can transfer your Pokémon to Bank, but what about all the BattlePoints I've earned and all the items I've bought with it? What about all the Mega Stones I've collected and the flags from Secret Bases? Etc. I also like having two characters I can use for online battling, especially if customization returns.
  3. Only new Pokémon being catchable, like in gen V. I know a lot of people don't want this, which I really don't understand, why do you want to see/use the same Pokémon over and over again? I would be fine with 'old' Pokémon being available after the main game though.
  4. Female evil team leader. Also another female professor. Let the female professor also be the evil team leader.
  5. Ability to add notes to Pokémon. E.g. I've got a whole box full of mons I use for breeding and it would be great if I could add which egg group they're in, so I don't have to look it up each time again. It could also be used for a lot of other things, like adding which moves you want to teach them and how or which strategy you're using for them when battling competitvely. Or little messages for people if you trade them. Etc.
Also:
4: Stop ruining epic battles with legendaries!

Something I really hate in games in when you get given an epic weapon/item/something else just before an important, dramatic, and often final boss, which turns them into a total anti-climax. It's something Fire Emblem does a lot, and it seems that Pokemon is starting to as well. So in XY, you got Xerneas or Yveltal just before fighting Lysandre, so you could just steamroll his team, mega gyarados included. And then in ORAS, the battle with Zinnia was similarly ruined by Rayquaza. Just give us the overpowered legendaries at a time we can just box them, and don't have to ruin the climactic battle with them.

^THIS. The whole main game is about you traveling with a team of Pokémon of your choosing. I want to defeat the bad guys with the Pokémon I've befriended during my journey, not with a Pokémon I've just met a few minutes ago and is forced upon me... Not to mention it's overpowered, making the battle boring as hell.

I'm just gonna add a 6th cause I really want it to return: Seals.

I completely forgot these were a thing. They should definitely return now that the battles are in 3D cos the effects could look really neat. Especially when you're watching things like the VGC tournaments on stream!

Soki said:
  1. 1.Following Pokémon (inluding being able to choose which Pokémon follows you and an option to turn it off).
It takes too much time to make models for 700+ mons at the same time. Look, i know it's a cute feature and all, but it's just too much time to make it return.
  1. Soki said:
    5.Battle Frontier.
    Never going to return for the same reason why it wasn't in ORAS.
    Soki said:
    1.Customization for Pokémon(pleeeaaase).
    Same as walking pokemon.

Last edited:
It takes too much time to make models for 700+ mons at the same time. Look, i know it's a cute feature and all, but it's just too much time to make it return.
  1. Never going to return for the same reason why it wasn't in ORAS.Same as walking pokemon.

This thread is called "What would you like to see done", not "What do you think can be done".

And we have 3D models for every Pokémon, including multiple unique battle and Amie animations for each, but making overworld models who only walk is too much time? You've really gotta explain that one to me.

This thread is called "What would you like to see done", not "What do you think can be done".
Ok, can't argue against that.

Soki said:
And we have 3D models for every Pokémon, including multiple unique battle and Amie animations for each, but making overworld models who only walk is too much time? You've really gotta explain that one to me.
Exactly. It takes too much time to make models for pokemon that follow you, it'd just make huge frame rate issues to the 3ds imo.

I wanted this with XY, but it didn't happen: The mascot (or any) legendaries being directly involved with the game's main plot, a la Gold and Silver. Every region since Hoenn has some doomsday plot. While I'm fine with it so far, with X and Y it's starting (for me) to get stale. I guess this goes hand in hand with the type of antagonist we get, too. I'd like one that isn't trying to change/destroy the world. Someone like Giovanni would be nice, someone out there just doing evil things and not looking to usher in a new age of whichever ideal they have.

I don't think this will be likely after GF having it for 4 generations, however.

May not happen but I like to see a main story which involves the mascot legendary and a mythical pokemon. Of course the mythical pokemon maybe saved for post game instead.

After Secret Bases in OR/AS, it would be pretty cool to be able to decorate your own house. Platinum had the villa, but I never even used it tbh because everything was way too expensive (a friggin houseplant costs more than ten Full Restores). I think it could be done similar to Skyrim: a variety of different houses in various different areas.

More multitype moves, and Steel type going back to resisting Dark type moves.

Also, a Steel/Poison type with Levitate, Toilet Rotom (Electric/Poison type), Robot Rotom Electric/Steel type, for crying out loud, they've mentioned Rotom possessing a toy robot already. Make it happen!)
Okay, Robot Rotom needs to happen. If not in Gen VII, then in a Gen IV remake. I mean, didn't the story with Charon actually have a Rotom that hopped into his toy robot as a kid? This is waaaaaaaay overdue, to be quite honest.

And I would love a Toilet Rotom. Just flush that competition down the drain! XD

Rather than putting the Gyms right in the middle of towns, put them on routes. Rather than going through a bunch of trainers within the Gym, the main challenge is reaching the Gym through a difficult route. The actual Gym would simply be a large battle arena where you'd then face the Gym Leader one-on-one like how they're depicted in the show. Of course to make things easier, the Gym would have a way to heal and change your team so you could face them at full strength.

I think that rather than create a new region in Gen. VII, Game Freak should let us revisit one of the old regions: mainly the Sevii Islands of the Megaverse. Give them their own regional Pokédex + new Pokémon with their own league. However, due to the appearance of Braille and the Unown Ruins, I think that its lore should focus on ties to other regions. For example, what if the Braille civilization actually started here instead of the Hoenn region, and that the Regi trio + Regigigas weren't the only threats that they had to seal away? Not only that, but I think that the Sevii Islands should also give their own lore regarding past legendaries and adding them into the Sevii Pokédex (this would help cut down on the amount of Legendary Pokémon per generation so that the concept is kept, well legendary).

I think that rather than create a new region in Gen. VII, Game Freak should let us revisit one of the old regions: mainly the Sevii Islands of the Megaverse. Give them their own regional Pokédex + new Pokémon with their own league. However, due to the appearance of Braille and the Unown Ruins, I think that its lore should focus on ties to other regions. For example, what if the Braille civilization actually started here instead of the Hoenn region, and that the Regi trio + Regigigas weren't the only threats that they had to seal away? Not only that, but I think that the Sevii Islands should also give their own lore regarding past legendaries and adding them into the Sevii Pokédex (this would help cut down on the amount of Legendary Pokémon per generation so that the concept is kept, well legendary).

Sevii Islands are a part of FRLG though. That suggests a remake of remakes which is highly unlikely. A sequel to Kanto with Sevil Islands is possible though. I prefer not to go back to Kanto but I'll still play the game if it comes out. HGSS are my only games that have Kanto in it so new Kanto games might not be that bad. I kind of leaning towards a Sinnoh remakes but some say we have to wait 5 years for a remake to happen. A game based on Sevil Islands probably won't work since there are no gyms or pokemon league on the islands unless they create more islands or drastically change the current ones. It is best for Sevil Islands to go with Kanto in Kanto sequels.

Sevii Islands are a part of FRLG though. That suggests a remake of remakes which is highly unlikely. A sequel to Kanto with Sevil Islands is possible though. I prefer not to go back to Kanto but I'll still play the game if it comes out. HGSS are my only games that have Kanto in it so new Kanto games might not be that bad. I kind of leaning towards a Sinnoh remakes but some say we have to wait 5 years for a remake to happen. A game based on Sevil Islands probably won't work since there are no gyms or pokemon league on the islands unless they create more islands or drastically change the current ones. It is best for Sevil Islands to go with Kanto in Kanto sequels.
That may hold water in the universe that FRLG take place in, but you're forgetting something as well: we're in the Megaverse now. Just because the Sevii Islands are tied to Kanto in one universe doesn't mean that would hold water in a different one. So far, we've only seen one universe's version of the Sevii Islands. For all we know, the Megaverse's Sevii Islands could very well have its own native Pokémon, gyms, and Pokémon League.

Like I said before, you do have a point. However, just because the Sevii Islands were the property of Kanto in one universe does not mean it is Kanto's property in the Megaverse.

That may hold water in the universe that FRLG take place in, but you're forgetting something as well: we're in the Megaverse now. Just because the Sevii Islands are tied to Kanto in one universe doesn't mean that would hold water in a different one. So far, we've only seen one universe's version of the Sevii Islands. For all we know, the Megaverse's Sevii Islands could very well have its own native Pokémon, gyms, and Pokémon League.

Like I said before, you do have a point. However, just because the Sevii Islands were the property of Kanto in one universe does not mean it is Kanto's property in the Megaverse.

Sevii has 7 islands (9 if you include Navel Rock and Birth Island). There isn't room on those islands for their own gyms. It is better to keep those islands in the Kanto game otherwise that game would be short and useless.

For Gen 7 games, I think it would go like this: First main pair, then remakes of DP and finally third version/sequels to first paired games.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom