• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Sun and Moon

What if Gamefreak gives our character an official father in Pokémon Sun and Moon, and he turns out to be the boss of this generation's villain team?

Starting the game, the only thing we know is that he left the family when our character was really young. We end up discovering that the villain leader is actually our father.

Personally, I'd like to see a storyline occur in which we had a childhood friend that went missing, and as we go through the game we realise that child grew up to become part of the villain organisation (possibly due to kidnapping, but I doubt this reasoning is very child friendly). Near the end of the game, during one of the last battles between you and the organisation, your old friend realises what he is doing is wrong, and decides to leave the group, just before you crush the entire organisation.

Snow, Acid rain, hail, HM for whirlpool.

Also a fun game without some story about you saving the world.

Here's a few:
  • A way to see exact EV and IV numbers
  • An ability capsule that works on Hidden Abilities
  • Allow males to pass down Hidden Abilities (without Ditto) and Poke Balls
  • Pause battle videos
  • Has to do with Pokemon Bank, but to be able to easily access a new Pokemon in Bank without having to reset the search. Additionally, to have an advanced search option and/or organizational feature to make finding and sorting your Pokemon much easier
  • A more efficient means to level up, akin to "Blissey Bases" in ORAS
  • All stones to be purchasable
  • Surfing on an actual surfboard, similar to how Soaring in ORAS was a more elaborate version of Fly. I think it would be fitting for a region based on Hawaii. It could work as a minigame if nothing else

This isn't strictly for Sun and Moon, but I'd like to see Pokemon Bank get an upgrade. As of right now it's pretty slow and clunky to use. Having to completely reconnect just to switch games is incredibly annoying.

Pokemon very slowly regenerate health with each step - to me it makes no sense that if Pokemon gets knocked out, it just stays that way without at least slowly recovering.

Gym leaders and Elite Four battles with strategies - One of the best things about getting to the final levels in the Battle Maison is that they tend to use a strategy. I would like the gym battles and E4 to be a challegne, even if the normal battles aren't. Although you can just limit it yourself by onely taking 3 Pokemom there, I'd like to see rules and the amount of Pokemon allowed in each battle set.

Lose to your rival - In fact I rather be forced to lose to my rival than always have to win and be the better one. If you could finally beat your rival in the final battle, it would feel like so much more of an accomplishment!

Pokemon very slowly regenerate health with each step - to me it makes no sense that if Pokemon gets knocked out, it just stays that way without at least slowly recovering.

I've always wanted something like this to happen too, but hopefully it would work in a way so that they don't restore health from a fainted Pokemon and only from 1HP and up and do it that way, because otherwise you could do an entire run through skipping Pokemon centres ect and I guess nuzlocke plays would hardly be a thing anymore. Heck maybe even only heal at 25% of health and above.

Alternately, a fainted Pokemon recovers from fainting after walking enough to restore all of its HP?

Let Gym Leaders have more than or less than three Pokemon in their team, please. In Black/White it made some sense because of the limited amount of each type they could pick from, Black 2/White 2 much less so, and in X/Y it made no fucking sense what so ever considering the 450 Pokemon available by default.

I also still want to see some major route differences between games - I like how different some of the places looked between Black 2/White 2, like the desert route either being completely urbanized or left as an archaeological dig site, or how in the Victory Road the route changes slightly. Though I'd also like to see more; I'd love to see a different route being forced between games, like one game you get badge 4 then 5 then 6, whereas in the other some road block means you have to go badge 6 then 4 then 5 instead. Red/Blue kind of did this with Sabrina/Koga gyms both being available at the same time but that wasn't varied between games.

I've always wanted something like this to happen too, but hopefully it would work in a way so that they don't restore health from a fainted Pokemon and only from 1HP and up and do it that way, because otherwise you could do an entire run through skipping Pokemon centres ect and I guess nuzlocke plays would hardly be a thing anymore. Heck maybe even only heal at 25% of health and above.

I think 5HP per 1000 steps would be good and fair, enough to make it seem like the Pokemon has retained consciousness and is slowly recovering. It could also max out at a quarter or half of the full HP.

There's so many other things I've mentioned in the other thread that I'd like but probably won't happen yet.

One thing that could easily happen and I'd like to see is time of day affecting which Pokemon can be caught. It really adds to immersion and is much more realistic. HGSS had it (as well as Pokemon following you) so it should be easily possible.

I want to see strong trainer battles in post game. BW and BW2 had a few strong trainers so I hope that feature comes back.

A different plot please. I want something different to the typical storyline.

And the ability to make choices that affect the game or relationships with other characters. It would be good to have a more personalised experience.

What purpose would that serve when your current inventory is more or less unlimited?

If there isn't going to be a seperate pocket for Mega Stones, I'd love to be able to dump them in the PC. Same goes for other items I (almost) never use but want to keep nonetheless. Having to go through a long list ot items each time to search for a specific thing is a pain.

What would also be great: a seperate pocket for your 'favourite' items, you can select items you use the most and put them in there for easy access.

What would also be great: a seperate pocket for your 'favourite' items, you can select items you use the most and put them in there for easy access.

In a perfect bag, we'd have all the slots of the HGSS bag with an added mega stone slot and the favorite slot back from B2W2. Why does GF have to regress on things as simple as bags? It's so dumb.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom