• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Sun and Moon

- Take a cue from Stadium and give individual Pokemon of the same species slight variances in appearance from each other, like different tints to their color scheme. Nothing significant enough to warrant notation by the Pokedex (unlike being shiny).

My only problem here are the garchomp/gengars of the world. It would be impossible to pick out the shines from the slight color variants if you miss the sparkles.

So! Maybe they SHOULD do this, and finally go back and make the old boring shinies better! They can make shiny pikachu blue or red or something while they're at it.

DexNav returning would be nice, but I don't see jt. One thing that I would like to have is an Episode Z or something post game. It could tie up loose ends, and we don't have to return to Kalos if that would be too much work. Things could be explained nicely while keeping it in the Alola region.

My only problem here are the garchomp/gengars of the world. It would be impossible to pick out the shines from the slight color variants if you miss the sparkles.

So! Maybe they SHOULD do this, and finally go back and make the old boring shinies better! They can make shiny pikachu blue or red or something while they're at it.
I agree, all shiny colorations need to be an obvious contrast against the species's usual color scheme.

I don't think they'll give us a voice, because the protagonist is supposed to be a stand in for us. It's up to us to imagine how they react to things. If they give us a voice, that'll limit the possible ways it goes in our heads, which will detract from that "this is us" feel they're going for.

Post game islands perhaps? Able to obtain a second starter during main/post game story maybe?

It is very likely to get a post-game only new island. And it sounds cool. If they put the Complete Zygarde story on this island, it would be even better! :p

I have a few wants. Some probably have been mentioned.

• Being able to change the nicknames on Pokemon that have been traded too me. I don't mind the already nicknamed ones normally, it's the ones without a nickname that I end up using a lot that I want to change. On my first run through of X, I decided to do a couple wondertrades to complete my party and I ended up getting a shinx. I used her, but I was sad that I could never see what I addressed her as actually on screen.
  • Taking pictures with Pokemon. Pokemon games have featured photography in them quite a bit, but the most noteable ones are probably HeartGold/Soulsilver and X and Y. In HG and SS there were a few places you could go and take a picture with all of your party pokemon. In X and Y, there were several places you could take a picture of yourself, but not your Pokemon. I think bringing back the ability to take a picture on different routes and towns in the game, with your pokemon would be a great idea. No, we might not be able to walk with our pokemon this gen, but being able to take a picture on a route with even just one of my pokemon, would feel great. I really want to see this happen.
  • Some shake up in the family thing. I know it's a minor thing in the games. After all your at home for maybe 5 minutes, but it would be nice to have a different family situation at home. Maybe your dad is living with you too. Maybe you have siblings. Maybe your living with another family member. Just something to shake that up. Maybe you have an older sibling who went on a Pokemon journey before and will call you up to give you little tips every now and again? Just something different then you living with your single mom. There has been one game series (well 2 counting the remakes) where this has happened, Ruby Sapphire and Emerald. Shake things up a bit, Game Freak!

I reckon that Marshadow would have a post game story if third versions are indeed over. So an episode with it would make sense as it would serve as the third game content.

In regards to the "easy to catch legendaries" that was jabbed in my face when I mentioned a "Phoenix Mode" like in Fire Emblem Fates, obviously the catch rates wouldn't change.

And for a Battle Frontier-like area, "Phoenix Mode" wouldn't be in effect.

I don't recall easy to catch Legendaries coming up, my issue with it was that it would remove the last vestiges of difficulty the Pokemon games can still claim. This literally makes it impossible to lose a single battle (not that it's hard to play through without losing once in Gen VI though). Maybe if it was balanced out to "They revive after the battle", rather than "They revive instantly on fainting".

-Would it be great to have a gym or league moving around the region?
You know like one on a Ship? A gym on a ship(maybe pirate one) would be cool.
Or one on a train or on a flying carier?

-now that we have moves that hit through abilities what is the chance of getting a legendary with Wonder Guard or other pokes (pseudo or non legenderary )with similar abilities?

Last edited:
Some shake up in the family thing. I know it's a minor thing in the games. After all your at home for maybe 5 minutes, but it would be nice to have a different family situation at home. Maybe your dad is living with you too. Maybe you have siblings. Maybe your living with another family member. Just something to shake that up. Maybe you have an older sibling who went on a Pokemon journey before and will call you up to give you little tips every now and again? Just something different then you living with your single mom. There has been one game series (well 2 counting the remakes) where this has happened, Ruby Sapphire and Emerald. Shake things up a bit, Game Freak!

Seconding this. I would love to see them to do more with the player's family, and to break the single stay-at-home mom mold again.

Seconding this. I would love to see them to do more with the player's family, and to break the single stay-at-home mom mold again.
Tripling this, I don't want more teen moms. What are those looks for, all the moms look like there in their 20 or 30's. I only say possibly Gen 3 could be different. Heck I wouldn't mind if Kukui was actually your cousin or uncle of sorts, and you are staying with your aunt, or move with your aunt.

As for other things I want, I would say a interesting champion. Alder was alright, Iris in battle was great not outside. And we all know Diantha is "Okay."
Can we have like a another Cynthia of sorts, since....wait do I have to explain how cool Cynthia was?

Next, probably more expanding the characters and expanding Fairy, Dragons, and Dark Types. Maybe expanding more about the player about themselves, but it's Pokemon what am I saying?

Why is this interesting? I see no point behind this. It makes no sense at all when the player lives with aunt if it has no effection to the main story of the game.
It's just that people (me included) want something different to just you and your single mother. I know it'll only be relevant for like the first five minutes of the game, but it's things that mix it up a little that make one game in a series of practically identical games stand out.

Tripling this, I don't want more teen moms. What are those looks for, all the moms look like there in their 20 or 30's.
My mother was 20 when she had me. Younger mothers aren't terribly uncommon, to be honest. I do however, want to see where the heck the PC's father is. Can we have him show up during the story? Or maybe run into him after the E4? It doesn't have to be much to make me happy.

My mother was 20 when she had me. Younger mothers aren't terribly uncommon, to be honest. I do however, want to see where the heck the PC's father is. Can we have him show up during the story? Or maybe run into him after the E4? It doesn't have to be much to make me happy.

We still have (counts in head) 6 Dads missing in the Pokemon universe for the PC, Gens 1,2,4, the 2 5's and 6 protagonists. But it would be nice....TO HAVE A FREAKING A DAD!! Or in say a future game(we're already confirm a Mom in Sun & Moon), we just have a Dad, no Mom. That would be very Interesting.

Yes, it was nice having a Dad back in Hoenn. Even though he did fall into the archetypal role of having to overcome him (in the context of a Gym battle) to continue your journey, at least HE WAS.

Or maybe we should start the Toy Story-esque conspiracy theories about the protagonist's mother being probably divorced/widowed? XD had the latter.

Yes, it was nice having a Dad back in Hoenn. Even though he did fall into the archetypal role of having to overcome him (in the context of a Gym battle) to continue your journey, at least HE WAS.

Or maybe we should start Toy Story-esque conspiracy theorizing that the protagonist's mother is probably divorced?
Well I seem to recall in one generation, IV I think, that your mother talked about him somewhat longingly as though he was dead or on his own journey. Aside from that I see no evidence against divorced mother theory.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom