• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Third Version?

Sunila

Reaction score
Each Main Series Game (excluding HGSS/FRLG as those are remakes) has had a third version. With the names "Black and White", and with the lack of remake in that name, what do you think the third version will be called? Grey? Or will they go with a bright color, Pink? Maybe...Stripe?

...Pink would not make any sense but alot of people would find that funny.
Pokemon White
Pokemon Black
Pokemon...Pink
Probably something like Grey.

Either gray...or maybe they will pull something different out of their rear like they did with these names..and it shall be SPECTRUM

I don't mean any offense but i think we should just stick with learning about the original two first, though idk gray seems likely

Um its possible it might not be a color because the generation II and IV games had something different as there third game. Crystal is a gemstone while gold and silver are metals and colors. Also diamond and pearl are gems and platinum is a metal.

Its like a pattern
Color,Color,Color
Metal,Metal,Gem
Gem,Gem,Gem
Gem,Gem,Metal
Color,Color,and most likely color
see the pattern is
3 the same
1 different
3 the same
1 different
and I dont think they will break the pattern

Wasn't Scarlet or Crimson copyrighted at the same time? Those would be cool names

Its like a pattern
Color,Color,Color
Metal,Metal,Gem
Gem,Gem,Gem
Gem,Gem,Metal
Color,Color,and most likely color
see the pattern is
3 the same
1 different
3 the same
1 different
and I dont think they will break the pattern

How odd I never noticed that pattern.
I think it would be insane to not call the third Grey.
What else would they call it?

i like crimson... but i guess that would be too close to red...White,Black and Crimson do sound cool together though

Grey seems like the only viable answer here. Names like White and Black, that doesn't leave much sensable options. A pokemon Colorless would be kinda weird, but also fitting. I doubt they'd use a TCG Type for the game, though.

Gray. Or maybe something wild. Like cat. Pokemon Cat. Hahaha.

What about something random, yet still relating? (I know, OXYMORON/PARADOX)

Pokemon Combo
or
Pokemon Combine
or
something else

Last edited:
Then they should've names the games Pokemon Dog and Cat. Third versions could be... whale?

Haha Pokemon Whale. Just imagine buying a Pokemon game with a Wailord on the front. I sure wouldnt get it xD

Back
Top Bottom