• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia TWR Season '16 Mafia - 9/5/16 - ENDGAME: Everybody Was Elieson... before War Room Day (TOWN WIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Elieson why did your N2 take aim fail? I don't think a roleblock would prevent that since you weren't targeting anybody.

I assume that since its an action, that it'd fail via the hook, just like I would assume that the Mass roleblock would have prevented the Lightning Rod from occuring, had they both been used same night. It's kinda like a self targetting action because I actually had to submit the command, rather than it just be an automatic "if you dont fire, then your next night's shot will have X parameters."

@Elieson @jackatlasred

arg, so much pressure and confusion.

Elieson is scum because of game claims and host representatives.

jack is scum because of possible wincons and tbh I am liking most of Elieson's posts and interactions in this game. Elementar tried to shift his lynch to Elieson, which didn't work very well but was it a bus, since Elementar was trying to save his role thief shot, or trying to lynch the vig?

Still working this out. stay tuned for my final decision tomorrow.

Show me the rule that states as an absolute, that this game is built using exactly one role from one game at a time.
Here, from the OP.
In this game we will thank this season’s mafia game hosts and commemorate their best games, as each and every one of them will get a role PM after them with a role from a game of theirs.
If not for this, I would vote for jack.

[Vote] Elieson

You still have 1.5 hours for rebuttal.

It's implied on the setup premise but it is not a defined rule @jdthebud.

The game's premise holding true to this wohld directly conflict with the wincons we've been given, and seen, for the main alliances.

Jack (and you) havent expressed any logic as to what's happened until now (my last post on page 56 covers that), just that the premise exists and is therefore an absolute.

RolePM WINCONS are the absolute here, not the vague assumption of the game's premise "probably being upheld".

I literally dont know what else to say except that a lot of assumptions are being made, when wincons aren't something that needs to be viewed with an assumption.

As I said, SK wincon was rewritten from its original source with a purpose. This automaticaly means that the game's other wincons were specifically crafted for this game's possible outcomes. If there was no realistic way for town/mafia to zero out, it would be obvious through Wincon wording.

Still don't see how jack knew Christnas Mafia was not in the game at the time of his claim.

Endgame

It has to be him… it’s almost as if he’s two people in one. Don’t you agree, Frozen?
No, it is him… I can see the influence of Elieson in him. Don’t you see it too, Frozen?
I do. It definitely is DrumBeats… or should I say, Elieson?
I agree that Elie has influenced him, but isn’t calling him that a bit too much?
Not at all. I have hosted Paragon alongside Elie. I know him very well… or should I rather say, it.
It?
Yes. Elieson is not a single person’s name. It’s just a title the virus’ main host has given himself! Thing is, after the previous Elieson was killed, the only infected individual left, DrumBeats, did become the new Elieson. That’s how Elieson works; each time one dies, another gets the title in his place, and that’s how he’s never really dead! Or better said, he was… because there’s only one infected person left, and we’re lynching him now!
Of course we will!

The two remaining sane hosts ganged up on DrumBeats, who is now called Elieson as well, and after his death, Elieson and his virus would spread no longer.

Dear leetic, you are representing DrumBeats and The 100 Mafia. DrumBeats began his mafia career long ago and made a comeback at the beginning of this season.,This was DrumBeats' first game after coming back, and ended with a scum victory after an excellent play by the last scum who managed to survive and take the entire out after the rest of the team was lynched in a row in the first phases of the game.

You are the Sketch Artist. Each night you may target a player and you receive 3 roles as a result.

>One of the roles will be the player's role.
>Another role will be in the game (not as a mafia) but will not be the player's role.
>The last role will not be in the game at all.

You are allied with the mafia and win when all the forces opposing your faction are dead.

And now the killing game was actually over, with just two survivors:

Dear jackatlasred, you are representing Pinball Wizard and Sword Master jointly and Christmas Mafia. They both began their mafia career on Season '15. This was their first and only game as hosts thus far, and ended with a town victory after an excellent play by the masons, whose one's death let the other become confirmed and lead the town to victory.

You are Buddy the Elf the Singer. If you die, the mafia will learn a single role that exists in the game.

You are allied with the town and win when all the forces opposing your faction are dead.
Dear jdthebud, you are representing frozen.palisades and Paragon: Rise of New World Order. frozen.palisades began her mafia career at Personality Cafe, eventually joining Bulbagarden around the 1/3 point of this season. This was frozen.palisades' first game as a host in Bulbagarden, and ended with a town victory after the three remaining townies figured the last scum in a MILO situation that seemed to be going wrong till the last moment. The game is known for its mentor system, where 11 players from sites other than Bulbagarden were partnered with the 11 players of the game respectively, trying to guide them and help improve their play.

You are Vanilla. Your only power is your vote so use it wisely.

You are allied with the town and win when all the forces opposing your faction are dead.

Crate Diggah then entered The Round Table, which had only two people and a corpse by this point: “It is finally over. I am glad we saved The War Room and all of Bulbagarden. But its moderators are all lost, and so are many other nice regulars who played and hosted a lot, some of them staff in other sections too. This day should henceforth be known as War Room Day, in honor of all those who have fallen to ensure the safety of our website. A new age begins today, and new staff will be needed. We should schedule a staff drive, in which you will be welcome to apply, of course!”

THE END

Town has won the game, congratulations!
Thanks to all the players, my co-host TheCapsFan and flavor writer/QT punster/almost-co-host-but-technically-not/debater over all the important decisions Maniacal Engineer!

TWR Season '16 Mafia - Mafia QT - QuickTopic free message board hosting
TWR Season '16 Mafia - Graveyard/Spectators QT - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Post-game questions:
Did you enjoy the game?

What did you think of the flavor text? What do you think of the fact that 3 different people wrote some phase updates each with little intervention from the others? How did that affect the end product? Would you like to see colors used for specific players again?

What did you think of the balance and the mechanics? What did you think of the intentionally pro-town scumhunting mechanic based on name/game claiming? What about the independents?

If you would like to change a single thing in this game, what would it be?

Would you like to see TWR Season ’17 Mafia? Any advice on what should/should not be included in that?

More of my own thoughts later.

Excellent! Excellent! What a ride!
This game was a blast to observe and, occasionally, tinker with here and there.

I commend all factions for playing superbly, to the point where it was, almost, possible for everyone to win.
Alas, it was not to be, and those endless hours I spent debating with Zexy were for naught.

Still, good show!

Did you enjoy the game?
ALL MY YES

What did you think of the flavor text? What do you think of the fact that 3 different people wrote some phase updates each with little intervention from the others? How did that affect the end product? Would you like to see colors used for specific players again?

I think it was a good idea, I enjoyed all of the flavour text the same, even if they were all by different people. It added another whole 'community'(?) Feel to the War Room too.

What did you think of the balance and the mechanics? What did you think of the intentionally pro-town scumhunting mechanic based on name/game claiming? What about the independents?

Balance is something im awful with, but I do think it was good, I didnt like/dislike the whole scumhunting mechanic, I saw it as another thing to use against people, I didnt exactly see it as being so much pro town? But I enjoyed the fact we could discuss it nonetheless.

If you would like to change a single thing in this game, what would it be?

I'll probably find something later on, get back to me on this.

Would you like to see TWR Season ’17 Mafia? Any advice on what should/should not be included in that?
1. Public Revealer (Battle of Hogwarts) - Calvin
2. Village Leader (Corrupt Mafia) - Calvin/Zexy
3. Mewtwo (Gen One Mafia) - Calvin
4. Zapdos (Gen One Mafia) - Calvin
5. Mental Patient (Build-It) - Calvin

[emoji14]

Gotta say thanks for hosting such a good game, and thanks for allowing one of my roles to be part of it, gives me an incentive to make even better roles for next season! <33

Thanks everyone to who played also! It wouldnt be so much fun without you guys. :D

Assuming its allowed since its after game edit: Happy War Room Day woo!

Last edited:
My own thoughts on the game (just a bunch of words that I didn't try to format too much because I see little point in doing so xD):

+
It was a blast! Yeah, I'm starting with this. I had lots of fun hosting this game. Not sure if it was more than what I got in RM. I can't help but compare these two games, they are my biggest ever in player count/post count/duration. For the record this one gets 7th place between Chaos II and Chaos I. But it has a bigger post/player count than Chaos II as we got that many posts with only 16 players. P/P is 70, 100 Mafia aside (that game was an activity miracle by itself), we haven't got as much since RM which had 73.5. Both this game and RM were hosted around the same time of the year (the best time of the year when it comes to The War Room, in my opinion).
Funny moments: Calvin Bus Driving MCH-Elie (who were lovers) while scum killed Elie, resulting on MCH-Elie still getting killed but stating that "the kill on Elie was unsuccessful". And then Elie subbed in and thought his own kill was because of the SK.
Mafia silencing their own and my mess-up (more later) leading to Elie's system of posting while silenced with votes. Amusing.
The way Molten Eevee won the game, the analogies to the RM Jester-Cop shenaningans, ME's flavor text on that whole thing.
"Zexy has a Molten Eevee fetish". wow. and later on HD said something about me and ME. double wow.
I was quite amused when I thought of the FT for Alex's modkill. The modkill itself wasn't funny at all, but since it had to happen I at least tried to make it look cool.
So many things that need to go the Quote Book (more than my Chaos II one) but I don't feel like going back to quote them all for a compliation :(

-
OK, I messed up with lots of things and I want to apologize for everything. Asking for the hosts' suggestions and trying to use as many as possible may have not been the best idea even though it was part of the pro-town mechanic I was thinking of. But it ended up being so pro-town that an -YLO massclaim was not late to turn everything around. And the wincons. THE WINCONS :( I actually used the word "opposing" in town/mafia wincons because I wanted it to cover shenaningans with the Serial Killer and YES I was thinking an Everyone Wins scenario was possible but didn't mind, because if you were to get there and plan it well you'd all deserve the win. And then I completely totally forgot that the SK wincon was a pure last man standing, which I only did pick at the time in order to stay more true to the original material (MSW). And the whole SK thing that ended up in Alex "quoting" a wincon and the modkill, sorry Alex :( Finally, the loopholes and a few mistakes with roles. The most important one being with the Silencer and the votes which let that loophole happen. I did let it slide because I messed up, no reason for Elie to pay the price.
Some people complained about the Mass Roleblock being too strong... but the overall idea of the game was that the roles looked strong while not being as much on both sides (mafia's blocking and role thief couldn't do much because they were few active actions in the town, encryptor did almost nothing)

Holy mother of all things fuck, that was a difficult ride. I honestly didn't even think I'd be able to inspire that much doubt into the last phase of the game, and that I managed to at all was a heck of a struggle that was quite the fun. I'm taking my N1 probably-unintentional-death as a town victory, but that scum transition was hard a.f. to work with! Thanks for the run, Zexy, and thanks for the fun game. Special Thanks to Alex Kaz for subbing in and nearly saving his slot, even though I wouldn't have let him win in the end anyway. It sucks, because every time an ITP wins, I become stronger...

I'll comment on things when I get a spare half hour to do so, but I had a blast with it considering I got the short end of the stick as soon as Lunaala's spy-reveal basically prevented the entire scumteam from fakeclaiming anything. I still think it's lame that jackatlasred was so anti-multiwinner since I still legit would've been cool with a Town&Mafia win, and it would've given him the win too, but Alex Kaz dying when he did via Mod-Kill threw a wrench in that possibility and there wasn't anything that could really be done about it. That, and getting N1'd by both Mafia and Town (when I was town) was pretty lame >.<

Sorry Maf (Sunsette & Elementar), for lettin ya' down, and thanks HD and the rest of town for winning it for me though in the end (this is the weirdest possible sentence I could possibly conceive, but it's entirely true). I did my best for town and also did my best for scum so Yay Team! (what the heck am I saying?)

Thing is, after the previous Elieson was killed, the only infected individual left, DrumBeats, did become the new Elieson. That’s how Elieson works; each time one dies, another gets the title in his place, and that’s how he’s never really dead!

I'll be back....You haven't seen the last of Eliescum....

2dbfac1b6eec171e6a33cf6184a207d9.png

2dbfac1b6eec171e6a33cf6184a207d9.png

Gyazo - 2dbfac1b6eec171e6a33cf6184a207d9.png

@Pikochu I didn't let you down!

Mafia QT:

You successfully stole a Murder shot from Alex Kaz. The Role Thief may use it on any following night to kill a player.

aHA...

Yeah, thanks Alex Kaz for outing Serial Killer! After that happened I had a large eureka moment. It doesn't help that Elieson slipped hard in pushing that Alex Kaz was Jasmine.

I was boned from the beginning of D3, when Lunaala announced the Sketch existing. I tried to push the only angle I could consider. We all saw what happened to Elementar.

In hindsight, had I intentionally slipped before Elementar opened his mouth on his role, I mightve been lynched instead, and we could've been lucky with a triple nightkill on town over n4 bringing the game to parity with our hooker still alive, but that was a gamble too so *shrug*

That was a very stressful final phase. Kudos to @Elieson for injecting massive doubt in my decision. I actually ended up reading the entire game of Fruit Bowl Mafia up to your death to see how you behaved in that game. Ended up being a little bit useless since it was an OC game though. Still I enjoyed those phase posts from that game from ME and ME :p. @Molten Eevee @Maniacal Engineer

@Zexy @TheCapsFan this was a blast! Easily the most fun I've ever had in a Mafia game, especially considering the fact that I was a pure vanilla role.

@Alex Kaz thanks for making my suggestion of you for a sub so good. :D

I'll answer the rest of the questions later.

I'd like to apologize for everyone for basically disappearing after the first phase. I hope you enjoyed the little bits of flavor text that I put up, I'm hoping to use that kind of style more in the future, if you guys enjoyed it. Either way, Zexy really did carry the hosting team in this game and I'm so thankful of him for saving my ass. (Oh, and he did a great job as well. :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom