• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia TWR Season '16 Mafia - 9/5/16 - ENDGAME: Everybody Was Elieson... before War Room Day (TOWN WIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Kaz subs in for Slife
  • NOTE: @Alex Kaz is subbing in for @Slife , effective immediately. Confirm when ready.

24 hours and 45 minutes remain in Day 1.

Everyone say hi to him and make him feel welcome. :3

Day 1 start

• DAY 1: BAT DED. RIP BAT

It was a bright morning in Erika’s Mysterious Garden. Not a cloud could be seen in the sky as the plentiful grass blew in the wind, with Bulbasaur frolicking around in full force, and people walking through the various areas of the Garden. Such a mystical morning called for an equally as magnificent marvel, for the most maniacal mafiosos of all the mysterious members; a public Board meeting, of course.

Cups of coffee littered The Round Table as the members of The War Room sat, eagerly awaiting the end-of-season briefing given by the Section Head, Enzap. The well-loved Lord of the Bats, who had stepped into the position earlier in the season, was fifteen minutes late, and people were getting restless. Dressed in a spiffy suit and tie, Enzap almost flew through the doors, lugging his briefcase behind him. He was greeted with a flurry of applause, which he acknowledged with a wave of his hand as he set up his plans on the projector.

“Ladies and gentlemen, trolls and tryhards; it has been a good year.” He brought up a line graph on the projector screen. “This graph reflects how our activity, individuality, and sense of community has grown over the course of the year. Notice how it steadily increases until March, when it shoots upward. This is thanks in part to the introduction of our four new moderators, who have been doing an excellent job keeping the section nice and clean, and also due to the huge popularity of Everybody is Mafia Mafia! From then on, we closed out our season with innumerable success.” He paused, and the members of the war room applauded. “…We often honor our players by using them as characters in the War Room Mafia series, but there is one group of people in particular which I would like to highlight. Though they may sometimes be overshadowed by the individual performances in their games, they work hard to create quality experiences for all of us to enjoy, and that should not go unnoticed. I’d like to take this time to honor our wonderful hosts!”

Sixteen members sitting around the Round Table rose, as the rest applauded. All four new moderators were standing. Some of these members were War Room veterans, whereas others had immigrated from other places. Some were Pokemon, some were people. Some were doctors, some were engineers; even a wizard was among the group, standing proudly next to a Jedi knight. As the hosts took their seats, Enzap cleared his throat. “Now, although we are at peace once again, I can think of no better way to honor these hosts than to hold one last mafia game! Each of our hosts shall participate, and select one role from a game they hosted…”

That night, three of the hosts stopped outside Enzap’s batcave. “Honor the hosts…Ha! They’re all chumps. Why share the honors when you can take it all for yourselves? C’mon lads, let’s finish this.” He quickly advanced into the house, flanked by his lackeys, a gamer and a shadowy, hooded figure…

A shrill scream echoed from the blackness of the cave into the night sky...

Meanwhile, on the southern end of the garden, one host was unable to sleep. Full of anger, its tail lashed back and forth. Frustrated by the backlash and criticism that its games generated, it was angry that its unique ideas and style of game were not being treated as equally appreciated as the other games. Having been treated as such over the course of the season, it felt cheated by Enzap’s words of honor, which were nothing but empty promises to it. It drew its ears back and furrowed its brow, vowing revenge on anyone (or anything) that stood in its way. "Soon, the War Room will be forced to respect and play my games…because there will be no alternative! I will have revenge!”

When dawn broke, the hosts awoke to breaking BulbaNews; the War Room section head, murdered in cold blood last night…

Dear TheCapsFan, you are representing Enzap and Bat Mafai. Enzap began his career in the War Room during season ’16 with a surprise appearance in Christmas Mafia. In his only performance to date, he played surprisingly well, and ended up being the last mafia standing. Enzap debuted as a host on April Fools Day with Bat Mafai, which is the most successful game The War Room has seen to date.

You are a Host. Your job is to run the game and make sure everything goes as planned. However, if we were playing strict by the rules, you wouldn’t be able to post after this…so you double as a Restless Spirit.

You are allied with the player Zexy. You both win if all the players enjoy the game, and if everything runs smoothly.

Crate Diggah, the administrator next in line for the position, was furious. He ordered for a complete investigation, and would not stop until the killer was found...

It is now Day 1. Day phase will end 48 hours from now, at 10AM Eastern Time on Sunday, August 23rd.

OP
  • Zexy

Quaxly Boy
    Reaction score
    Pronouns
    1. He/Him
    2. They/Them
    July 2015… it was a calm era for the War Room who had just come Back to Basics... But Ze-XY was back! TWR became full of modkills and Random Messages… it was complete Chaos. TWR was lucky to have survived in One Piece.The chaos was even bigger than the time that Twitch played Pokemon or any other Video Game.

The Masters of the Whoniverse became alarmed at TWR’s state and green-lighted the beginning of “Operation: XenForo” as well as the spread of “the Elieson virus” but it didn’t achieve much. Even the AussieVerse got caught in the commotion, with Jasmine Veila trying to write murder on everyone.

By Christmas, the boss Enzap decided to get involved (but ended up being just a scummy noob that got lynched) while TheCapsFan grew fed up of it all and unleashed his ironclad game schedule. Nonetheless, the insanity continued, as all the Fire Emblem Protagonists did show up at once for some reason and roles as benign as Survivor did actually reveal entire scum teams to the town.

Elieson then tried to stop this by having Mafia being Friendship and had Caps and Zexy push scummy friendship for his sake. They succeeded, but what we got was not a reformed TWR but rather… a fruit bowl with chocolate and peanuts in it. After yet another failure, Kakashi Hatake had another plan: “Let’s Build-It from scratch”. But ME didn’t like the idea…

Zexy tried to fix things with Chess while Elie just renamed The War Room to Super War Room and hosted a Mafia Mafia based on that. Leetic asked for help from Monty Python. Once again, nothing.

And then Enzap finally got it right; he promoted ME, Caps and Zexy to moderators. While some unusual occurrences persisted, such as Pokemon’s Generation One coming back and lasting a bit too long before going back to its place in time or the AussieVerse having to deal with yet another killer, the new mods managed to enforce the Rise of New World Order, with some help from mentors from other sites.

It wouldn’t last long as ME Regenerated back to Random Punster and then to 10 identically-looking MEs. It was All About ME those days, but with the help of 8 MEs and the other users it was all fixed in the end.Or so it seemed, for there was a little complication that took the staff too long to notice.

The Elieson virus has spread too much and everybody had become mafia.The AussieVerse was struck by yet another killer but this time Zexy was watching the events ensuring they would go smoothly.

After all the killing, only The 100 remained.But since they were too few for the scheduled US Presidential Election 2016 to run properly, the TWR staff forced the section to travel back in time to a point. Yet there were still some Corrupt?! people remaining.

The Elieson virus somehow reached the MCH Multiverse where it would cause True Lust to whoever would get infected. A Survival Game was fought so it could be exterminated, but it persisted even after the game’s end, yet in a much less lethal way… everyone has become lazy mafia now. So lazy they wouldn’t even submit their nightkills.

It is now August 1st, 2016. TWR is peaceful once again and the TWR staff forced the Season to end there to get some peace and quiet. But Enzap had other plans...

Welcome to TWR Season ’16 Mafia, a special occasion game hosted by Caps (@TheCapsFan; ) and yours truly. In this game we will thank this season’s mafia game hosts and commemorate their best games, as each and every one of them will get a role PM after them with a role from a game of theirs.

The game will obviously be a mishmash of all the memorable (and sometimes crazy) roles we’ve got this year. As such it shall be Role Madness. Even though the hosts are 17 this game will have only 16 players. That is because 2 of our hosts have only co-hosted a single game together (Christmas Mafia) and the role PM in their case will be joint. We’d also rather have 16 players in the Season ’16 game. Yay for aligning numbers :)

RULES:
    1. Forum Rules and War Room Rules apply.
    2. Day phases will last 48 hours and Night phases will last 24 hours. Votes and actions will be locked as soon as the deadline for each phase passes. Votes/actions at :00 count, those at :01 don't. If we are sure that we won't be able to update we may extend the phase in question straight from the beginning.
    3. Please be active. You may be subbed out at our discretion. If no sub is available to take your place, you may be modkilled.
    4. All kinds of claiming are allowed. No quoting of role PMs or screenshots, though (the quoting part includes exact wincon wording).
    5. If you change your username mid-game, please state your old and new ones in-thread and mention the hosts.
    6. To vote, use the following format: "VOTE: Zexy". To unvote, use "UNVOTE: Zexy".
    7. Outside communication is NOT allowed with a few exceptions we will make sure to note .
    8. Rules are subject to change. We will make sure to mention you if that happens, but since mentions don't work sometimes, please keep your eyes open.
    9. Please, let's keep it civil. It is just a game.
    10. The most important rule. Have fun!

PLAYERS:
    1 @Lunaala; TheCapsFan (Fire Emblem Protagonist Mafia) - Spy - Killed Night 3- WON THE GAME!
    2 @Midorikawa; Life (One Piece: Alabasta Mafia) - Tracker - Killed Night 2- WON THE GAME!
    3 @Elieson;
    Zexy (Video Games Mafia) - 1x Lightningrod - Killed Night 1- WON THE GAME!
    4 @Slife; @Alex Kaz Molten Eevee (Murder, She Wrote) - Jasmine Veila - Modkilled Night 5
    5 @HumanDawn; Eye Gel (Pokemon XY Mafia) - 1x Oblivion Wing - Killed Night 4- WON THE GAME!
    6 @Sunsette; Elieson (Super War Room Mafia Mafia) - Musician - Lynched Day 5
    7 @Soulmaster; Doctor Floptopus (Masters of the Whoniverse) - Vote Stacker - Lynched Day 2- WON THE GAME!
    8 @Molten Eevee; Maniacal Engineer (It's All About ME Mafia) - Jester - Lynched Day 3 - WON THE GAME!
    9 @jdthebud frozen.palisades (Paragon: Rise of New World Order) - Vanilla - Survived - WON THE GAME!

10 @leetic; @Elieson; DrumBeats (The 100 Mafia) - Sketch Artist - Lynched Day 6 (Endgame)
    11 @Elementar; returnofmastercrazyhand (Random Messages Mafia) - Jack-Of-All-Trades - Lynched Day 4
    12 @Eye Gel; Calvin (Battle of Hogwarts) - Public Revealer - Killed Night 5- WON THE GAME!
    13 @Calvin ッ leetic (US Presidential Election 2016 Mafia) - Bus Driver - Killed Night 4 - WON THE GAME!
    14 @returnofmastercrazyhand Slife (True Lust: Intergalactic Battle of the Ships) - Nymphomaniac - Commited Suicide Night 1 - WON THE GAME!
    15 @jackatlasred Pinball Wizard/Sword Master (Christmas Mafia) - Singer - Survived - WON THE GAME!
    16 @Doctor Floptopus;
    Soaringdylan (Monty Python Mafia) - 1x Seraph Knight - Lynched Day 1 - WON THE GAME!

Subs:
    @returnofmastercrazyhand;
    @WolfOwl;

Spectators (there will be a QT in which they will be able to talk to the dead players):
    @Maniacal Engineer;
    @Pikochu;
    @Hellcrow;

Last edited:
    NIght 1 start

• NIGHT 1: Soaring to Heaven

For the second day in a row, the hosts all filed in around The Round Table, but this time the atmosphere was much different. There was no friendly chit-chat, or coffee on the table. Instead the room was silent, and filled with tension and fear. The hosts eyed each other from across the table, as if the drop of a pin would trigger all out chaos and violence.

In through the door came Crate Diggah, flanked by two Pokemon. The first was a slender, floating sprite, a Celebi. Its eyes were narrowed and it was surrounded by an aura of razor-sharp green leaves. The color of its skin, however, was not the typical Celebi green, but a bright pink color instead. The second was a Magnezone, but…not quite. It had the characteristic steel body, yellow antenna, and three magnets, but it had several other robotic arms protruding from its body, each connected to a different deadly device. One arm had the whirring blade of a buzzsaw, and another had a cannon. As the hosts watched, from the red circle in the center of its head came a fully loaded sniper rifle, which aimed around the room threateningly.

Crate Diggah stepped forward. “Ladies and gentlemen, I’m sure you recognize Shiny Celebi, our head administrator. This other Pokemon is MAGNEDETH, chief of police here at Bulbagarden.”

Now MAGNEDETH stepped forward, and spoke in a robotic voice. “WE AL_READY KnO WHO THE K_ILLE-R IS, BZZT. HO+WEVER, TO SA_TISFY ENZAP’S LAS_T REQUEST, BZZT, W-E SHALL HOL_D A MAFIA GAEM IN hIS HON-OR.”

Shiny Celebi floated to join the others. “The only help we will give you is the knowledge that the threats to The War Room are sitting here, amongst this table. Enzap's killer is amongst you, but they are not the only guilty party. Lastly, remember; we will be watching.”

With that, the three administrators turned and exited, and left the hosts to themselves. Immediately, fingers were pointed across the room.

“It was you! I’ve known it all along you’ve had it in for Enzap!”

“Don’t you remember that one time in RM? You were ready to hit him over the head with a baseball bat!”

“I love bats! Die!”

Even the moderators were at each other's throats.

“You were always complaining about ME, and how ME was his favorite! You’ve never really…done anything for us.”

“Yeah, you’ve only ever hosted one game, and it ended TERRIBLY! You must feel ashamed of yourself!”

“You don’t even watch anime!”

“Guys, calm! How do we know it wasn’t you?” He pointed towards one of the accusing moderators. “You’re a naturally born troll, how do we know you’ve truly renounced your trolling ways?”

“Well, I never said it wasn't ME..."

A singular host was at the end of the table, kind of half-heartedly participating in the feud. He quickly looked around and checked his redstone clock. “Um, guys, I have to, uh, use the restroom real quick, I gotta go…”

The room went quiet. All heads turned towards the lone speaker, with a backpack on his back, clock in hand, and sword, pickaxe, and Luxury Ball fastened to his belt. He paled, and his eyes grew with fear. “Get him!” someone shouted, and he booked it for the stairs. The crowd caught up, and brought him to the War Room Archive to be hung. “Please, guys! I’m not a witch!” he pleaded, hoping that they would spare his life.

“Hm…How can we determine if he is telling the truth? How do we know that he IS a witch?” one host said, skeptical of the suspect’s newfound guilt.

Hang him!" Hang him!" the crowd chanted, four individuals chanting the loudest.

The skeptic looked out at the crowd, shrugged, and cut the rope.

Dear Doctor Floptopus, you are representing Soaringdylan and Monty Python Mafia. Soaringdylan began his mafia career at Feed the Beast (forums about Minecraft), eventually joining Bulbagarden halfway through the season. This was Soaringdylan's first and only game as a host on Bulbagarden so far, and ended with a town victory after an extremely tense situation involving a bus driver confused the scum into lynching each other and forfeiting.

You are the 1x Seraph Knight. Once in the game, during a night phase, you may select a player; that player will become immune to nightkills until you die.

You are allied with the town and win when all the forces opposing your faction are dead.

The voice of Crate Diggah flooded the Archive. “You have chosen…poorly. Better luck in the morning…"

It is now Night 1. Please send in your Night actions. Night 1 will end at 10:00 AM Eastern Time on Monday, August 22nd, or about 22 hours and 34 minutes from now.

Also, night talking IS allowed. I just closed the thread because I didn't want anything in between the death post and the flavor.

Last edited:
    Day 2 start

• Day 2: Lovers In (S)life, Lovers In Death

After Soaringdylan’s death, the hosts called it a night and went to bed.

The next morning, however, as the hosts all gathered in The Situation Room, one of them didn’t show up. It would be Zexy, one of the recently appointed War Room moderators, known for being killed early in mafia games… except it seemed to be reality this time.

Dear Elieson, you are representing Zexy and Video Games Mafia. Zexy is a War Room veteran who, after taking a short hiatus from foruming, returned in Season '15 as one of The War Room's top players. He was selected as Bulbagarden's representative in this year's Mafia Championships, and became a a War Room moderator over the course of the season. This is Zexy's xth game as host, and ended with a mafia victory after three town modkills on Day 1.

You are the 1x Lightningrod. Once in the game, during the night, you can PM us to use this ability which will redirect all of the night's actions to you.

You are allied with the town and win when all the forces opposing your faction are dead.

The hosts all searched for Zexy. They looked first around the Fun and Games district, but he was nowhere to be found...The group then split. The moderators went to go check inside the Box of Outside the Box, while the rest of the hosts went to check the Newsroom for Current Events. The moderators had the misfortune of finding the body, bloodied outside the Post Count section. They rushed to the body and huddled around it. Slife seemed more shocked than everybody else:
    ”Oh no! Zexy, my love, what have they done to you? I can’t stand being alive in this world anymore. I’m coming after you.
    And with this, Slife thrust a knife he hid in his own pocket in his chest, committing suicide in the process.

Dear returnfomastercrazyhand, you are representing Slife and True Lust: Intergalactic Battle of the Ships.. Slife began his mafia career with a single game in Season '14 This was Slife's first game as a host, and ended with a town victory after the entire team played methodically and took off the scum using the game's unique lover mechanics.

You are the Nymphomaniac. You HAVE TO select a player before the game begins (else it will be randomized); you will be Lovers will them for the rest of the game until a LYLO situation (which will be announced if it happens). This means that you will have an outside chat to communicate and that if either of you dies, the other will automatically die as well.

The moderators stepped back, wide-eyed, as Slife staggered, then fell on top of Zexy's body.

Crate Diggah stepped up, and spoke in a solemn voice: “We have lost three moderators now, and it’s not just that. Someone has managed to hack into our Conversations system, making it unusable. Please bear with me as I am trying to fix it, should take a day at most. Meanwhile, get back to the other hosts; you all need to focus on eliminating the ones responsible at once!

It is now Day 2, which will last approximately 48 hours. Day 2 will end at 10:00 AM Eastern Time on Thursday, August 25th.

Any private conversations that would be allowed are disabled for the duration of this phase.

Eye Gel is Town!
  • As the hosts gathered back together, the moderators shared the bad news with the rest of the group. "We have some good news, though. I'm innocent."

Everyone was confused. How were they supposed to believe that, straight up? A few hosts began to encircle the one who spoke, staring them down. "Please, guys! I promise! Come on...We even hosted a game together! You have to believe me..."

The voice of Crate Diggah, having disappeared from the group after Slife's suicide, once again boomed over the loudspeakers. "What they say is true. They are innocent. Carry on."

Eye Gel is confirmed to be allied with the town.

Night 2 start

• DAY 2 VOTE COUNT - FINAL
    Soulmaster VI (Elieson, WolfOwl, HumanDawn, jdthebud, Alex Kaz, Eye Gel)
    HumanDawn II (Molten Eevee, jackatlasred)

As the next day went on, suspicions kept running rampant. But then someone said:
    “[color= #800080]We should definitely go after Flop. She’s flip-flopping too much this game.[/color]”

"But I swear I am innocent!"
    Yet most people ignored Flop's last words and Doctor Floptopus was thus lynched.

Dear Soulmaster, you are representing Doctor Floptopus and Masters of the Whoniverse. Doctor Floptopus began her mafia career at the beginning of Season '15 and is a regular player in the War Room since. This was Doctor Floptopus' second game as a host this season, and ended with a town victory after an excellent play by a group of townies who gathered all the claims and easily figured out the scum and the serial killer.

You are the Vote Stacker. Each day you may PM us that you wish to stack your vote. Your vote will not count for that phase. If you have at least one stacked vote, you may PM us that you want to use your stacked votes. Your vote will count for <stacked votes>+1 for that phase.

Flop was innocent, though. You can tell Crate Diggah wasn’t happy. At least it seems that conversations are back to normal.

It is now Night 2. You have 24 hours to submit night actions (if you have them).

OC rules are back to normal.

Day 3 start

• It was night again so the hosts all left The Round Table.
    The next morning, however, there was someone missing again.
    "Life's dead."

Life was indeed no longer alive.

Dear Midorikawa WolfOwl, you are representing Life and One Piece: Alabasta Mafia. Life began his mafia career towards the end of Season '14. This was Life's first game as a host, and ended with a scum victory after the scum leader realized that just claiming their role and gathering claims would solve the game because of the game's strange mechanics.

You are the Tracker. You can select a player each night and find out who they visited.

Crate Diggah was furious:
    "4 moderators lost! Not to mention that all the Current Events: Pokemon GO mods are GO-ne! We need new ones there now. But what if they kill those too? You need to find whoever is responsible for these murders quickly!"

It is now Day 3, which will last 48 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Night 3 start

• Night 3: The Fatalistic Punster Town Successfully Lynched, But Orderly Outcome It Avoided
    Written by the Magnificent Entertainer

With 5 Moderators having been murdered in cold blood, suspicions fell on one of the remaining Moderators. A Moderator who had a shady history as an Internet Troll before allegedly getting sense knocked into him and becoming a “respectable” member of an online community.
    This particular Moderator also had a lot to gain from Enzap’s death, as he was a War Room Moderator, and, with the death of the current War Room Section Head, he came one step closer to a promotion.
    Externally, it had seemed like the Moderator was trying to help the hosts determine the culprits among them. He had even pointed out a couple of hosts whom he felt were particularly suspicious, but nobody listened.
    They never did, and he knew that. In fact, he was counting on it.
    The Moderator watched as the chaos he had caused unfolded, fingers pointing in all directions, until a majority of them, irrevocably, pointed at him.
    He’s trolling us,” said one host, “he claims to be reformed, but that’s never been proven.
    I agree,” said another host, “his criminal past speaks for itself. There is no place for him on this forum, or anywhere on the Internet!
    How on earth did someone so suspicious become a Moderator in the first place?” wondered a third host.
    The Moderator in question smirked in that egotistical, self-satisfied style that the forum members knew oh-so-well.
    You want to lynch ME?” he sneered at the other hosts, “Go on! I dare you!
    The remaining hosts grabbed the mad scientist and, as the sun began setting, looped the rope around his neck.
    Still smiling in that annoyingly egotistical way, the punster had pre-peared a final speech before his eggs-ectution:
    My friends,” he said, “as you stand there, about to end my life…again, I have a few final words to share with you.
    Thinking that, perhaps, the nutcase had one last pie-ce of information to share before being lunched, the assembled crowd leaned in, anxiously.
    Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

The other hosts groaned, the rope was tightened, and the trapdoor was released. As the life drained from his body, again, the Moderator said one more thing:
    I win.

The instant before death, the Eternal Flames of Troll Hell rose up from the darkest corners of the Internet, and engulfed the Engineer, embracing him as a long lost friend.
    When the Flames vanished, so had Maniacal Engineer. His last laugh still ringing in the ears of the assembled crowd.

Dear Molten Eevee, you are representing Maniacal Engineer and It's All About ME Mafia. Maniacal Engineer began his mafia career with a Season '15 game in which he was mislynched Day 1 as a joke vote, eventually somehow becoming a moderator of The War Room halfway through Season '16. This was Maniacal Engineer's third game as a host, and ended with a town victory because of the entire town playing well to figure the scum out. The game is also known for its extremely lengthy but very well written flavor text that Maniacal Engineer enjoyed writing too damned much.

You are Moose Enthusiast the Jester. You have no powers and do not oppose any player or faction.

You are independent and win if you get lynched.

Crate Diggah merely poured himself a generous portion of scotch and shook his head.

Congratulations to Molten Eevee who has won the game!
    The game isn't over, though.

It is now Night 3. You have 24 hours to send actions in.

Day 4 start

• With Maniacal Engineer dead, it was night once again. the next morning, another mod was missing.

thecapsfan was dead. no more caps.

Dear Lunaala, you are representing TheCapsFan and Fire Emblem Protagonist Mafia. TheCapsFan began his mafia career at the beginning of Season '16, eventually becoming a moderator of The War Room halfway through the season. This was TheCapsFan's first game as a host, and ended with a town victory after an excellent play by the independent survivor, who acted as a double agent and outed the mafia to the town, causing the mafia to forfeit.

You are the Spy. The hosts will be sending you a few messages from the mafia's chat at the end of each night phase in this conversation, but everything hinting to their identities may be redacted.

crate diggah was furious: "more moderators dead! hurry up, they may kill everyone at this rate!"

it is now day 4. it will last 48 hours.
    this may be the last day phase of the game.

Last edited:
    night 4 start

• "There are only 9 hosts alive, so we need to be careful... but not today! Because I'm sure that MCH is one of the killers. He has a crazy hand, but it's not just that. The initials really stand for... Manipulative Computer Hacker!"
    "Does that mean that he was behind the attack that brought the PM system down, and perhaps the silencing?"
    "Guess so."

"but please i am not a manipulative computer hacker.
    i am a misunderstood commuting helper.
    "
    "No one believes you, MCH. Lynch him!"

The votes all piled up and returnofmastercrazyhand was lynched, first among the killers.

Dear Elementar, you are representing returnofmastercrazyhand and Random Messages Mafia. returnofmastercrazyhand began his mafia career a few years ago and has hosted several games since. This was returnofmastercrazyhand's first game as a host this season, and the one he considers his biggest success. It ended with a town victory after some excellent play by a group of townies who gathered all the claims and tricked the scum into killing the wrong people.

You are Maniacal Engineer the Mafia Jack-All-Of-Trades (JOAT). Specifically, 1x Encryptor, 1x Silencer, 1x Role Thief. You can use up to one power per night, each power only once:

>1x Encryptor shuts down all outside communication that may exist except from the mafia chat.
    >1x Silencer needs to be used on a specific player. Said player will be unable to post for the following day phase but may still vote.
    >1x Role Thief needs to be used on a specific player as well. Said player will be roleblocked for the night and lose a shot of their role (if their role has a limited amount of shots) which you can then use in some other night. You cannot use the shot you gain from this ability alongside your other two abilities.

You are allied with the mafia and win when all the forces opposing your faction are dead.

There was some hope again. Even Crate Diggah smiled a little, but he stopped upon remembering how many people were lost and that there's still a long way to go...

It is now Night 4. It will last 24 hours.

Day 5 start

• It was night again. The next morning, two people were dead, not one. The first was the last War Room moderator alive, leetic.

Dear Calvin, you are representing leetic and US Presidential Election 2016 Mafia. leetic began his mafia career this season, eventually becoming a moderator of The War Room towards the end of the season. This was leetic's second game as a host, and ended with a scum victory after the town imploded on itself.

You are the Bus Driver. You would normally be a Mason as well... but there is no Mason partner for you to be paired with. Each night you may select two players; night actions used on Player 1 will target Player 2 instead for that night and vice-versa.

The second was Eye Gel, one of the leading voices of the hosts, as she was confirmed innocent:

Dear HumanDawn, you are representing Eye Gel and Pokemon XY Mafia. Eye Gel began her mafia career long ago. This was Eye Gel's only game as a host this season, and ended with a scum victory after the remaining scum managed to kill off a town leader who's solved the game and confuse the remaining town into lynching each other.

You are Yveltal and your signature move is Oblivion Wing. Once in the game, during the night phase, you may select a player. If you were to be killed that night the player you selected will die instead.

Crate Diggah announced: "With this, not only are all War Room moderators gone, but attacks on regular users have started too! Who knows who their next targets will be? You need to eliminate the killers immediately, everyone's life is on the line!"

It is now Day 5. It will last 48 hours.
    This may be the last day phase of the game.

Night 5 start.

• "I have good news for you! I got a sample of MCH's DNA and gave it to Crate Diggah for analysis. What he found was that MCH was infected by the "Elieson virus" which causes everybody to become mafia!"
    "So, Elieson is mafia?"
    "Indeed."

Elieson did not say a single word, just accepting his inevitable death.

Dear Sunsette, you are representing Elieson and Super War Room Mafia Mafia. Elieson began his mafia career at Serenes Forest (a forum about the Fire Emblem games) and first played in TWR this season. This was Elieson's second game as a host in Bulbagarden, and ended with a town victory after the scum tried to lynch a townie with hammer votes but one of them didn't show up thus exposing everyone.

You are the Musician. Which means Godfather, Roleblocker and 1x Mass Roleblocker. Any cop checks at you will yield a town result. You can select a player each night phase and they will be unable to use their role, but one night in the game, you can select to block the night actions of all the players in the game instead.

You are allied with the mafia and win when all the factions opposing you are eliminated.

"Hopefully this will stop the killings. However, there might be more infected, so all we can do is wait and hope everyone here is still alive tomorrow morning..."

It is now Night 5. It will last 24 hours
    Unless all night actions are submitted in the first 8 hours, in which case it will end in 8 hours.

Modkill on Alex Kaz

• credit for this flavor text goes to Molten Eevee for this post: Mafia: - Murder, She Wrote 2: Endgame: The Rescue and the convict

And suddenly Zexy, who came back from the dead, appeared on The Round Table, as big as a megazord, and wielding the hammer of the gods. As the hammer was struck by lightning, Zexy yelled "IT'S HAMMER TIME!"

Upon seeing this, Molten Eevee reacted: "LMAO, I always enjoy a good reference to my own game!

... I will enjoy a good death, too.
    After ME was burned to the flames of Troll Hell, I became ME in place of ME!
    But no ME trolls forever... they may only die an even better death! Full of despair!
    May you all remember ME as the real ME, the ME that died a better death than ME!

Molten Eevee the Serial Killer waves you goodbye!"

Zexy then struck Molten Eevee with the hammer, triggering a huge explosion... by the time the smoke cleared, both Eevee and Zexy were nowhere to be seen.

Dear Alex Kaz, you are representing Molten Eevee and Murder, She Wrote. Molten Eevee began his mafia career at the end of Season '16. This was Molten Eevee's second game as a host and the first of the Murder, She Wrote trilogy, and ended with a town victory after the town devised a plan that would lock the game in a situation where town would always win no matter what the scum could do.

You are Jasmine Veila the Voteless Serial Killer. Your vote in the thread will not count. Each night you can perform up to one of the following actions:

>Kill a player.
    >Commute, becoming immune to all actions for that night.
    >Frame a player so that they will be seen as mafia in cop checks.

You are an independent and win when you are the only player alive.

Alex Kaz was modkilled for violating the following rule in the game's opening post:
    4. All kinds of claiming are allowed. No quoting of role PMs or screenshots, though (the quoting part includes exact wincon wording).
    What he quoted wasn't the truth but it still breaks the rule, he tried to use role PM exact wincon wording for his in-game advantage.

Last edited:
    Day 6 start

• "With both mafia mastermind Elieson and Serial Killer Molten Eevee gone, this killing game can finally end! AND WE FOUR SURVIVED!"
    "Congratulations to all of us, and thank you for leading us through these tough times, Calvin."
    "I am glad I survived, but I cannot feel happy for this... we still lost too many good friends and nice hosts. The least we can do is give them a proper memorial ceremony."
    "For all we know the game might not be over yet, though. Not to mention we are all tired. We should go to bed now and do it tomorrow... if all of us are still alive then."

The four survivors thus called it a night, hoping that it was all over. But it wasn't, as their leader, Calvin, was found dead the next morning.

Dear Eye Gel, you are representing Calvin and Battle of Hogwarts. Calvin began his mafia career at the end of Season '15, This was Calvin's first game as a host, and ended with a scum victory after the last scum managed to survive till the end after both their buddies died in the same phase much earlier.

You are the Public Revealer. You can use this ability from Day 2 onwards. Just PM the hosts that you want to use it and you will be confirmeed as town-aligned in-thread from the hosts as soon as possible.

"AAAAAARGH! I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE IS ANOTHER KILLER! CALVIN'S DEAD, THE IRONY ... I need to calm down. Alright, there are 3 of us and there's just 1 killer, if both of you were you'd lynch me on the spot. So this is our last chance. We need to think this straight and figure it out. Let's do this for Calvin's sake. We will avenge him!"

Crate Diggah: "You should! Bulbagarden's fate is on the line!"

It is now Day 6. It will last 48 hours (unless shortened).
    This IS the last day phase of the game.

Endgame

• It has to be him… it’s almost as if he’s two people in one. Don’t you agree, Frozen?
    No, it is him… I can see the influence of Elieson in him. Don’t you see it too, Frozen?
    I do. It definitely is DrumBeats… or should I say, Elieson?
    I agree that Elie has influenced him, but isn’t calling him that a bit too much?
    Not at all. I have hosted Paragon alongside Elie. I know him very well… or should I rather say, it.
    It?
    Yes. Elieson is not a single person’s name. It’s just a title the virus’ main host has given himself! Thing is, after the previous Elieson was killed, the only infected individual left, DrumBeats, did become the new Elieson. That’s how Elieson works; each time one dies, another gets the title in his place, and that’s how he’s never really dead! Or better said, he was… because there’s only one infected person left, and we’re lynching him now!
    Of course we will!

The two remaining sane hosts ganged up on DrumBeats, who is now called Elieson as well, and after his death, Elieson and his virus would spread no longer.

Dear leetic, you are representing DrumBeats and The 100 Mafia. DrumBeats began his mafia career long ago and made a comeback at the beginning of this season.,This was DrumBeats' first game after coming back, and ended with a scum victory after an excellent play by the last scum who managed to survive and take the entire out after the rest of the team was lynched in a row in the first phases of the game.

You are the Sketch Artist. Each night you may target a player and you receive 3 roles as a result.

>One of the roles will be the player's role.
    >Another role will be in the game (not as a mafia) but will not be the player's role.
    >The last role will not be in the game at all.

You are allied with the mafia and win when all the forces opposing your faction are dead.

And now the killing game was actually over, with just two survivors:

Dear jackatlasred, you are representing Pinball Wizard and Sword Master jointly and Christmas Mafia. They both began their mafia career on Season '15. This was their first and only game as hosts thus far, and ended with a town victory after an excellent play by the masons, whose one's death let the other become confirmed and lead the town to victory.

You are Buddy the Elf the Singer. If you die, the mafia will learn a single role that exists in the game.

Dear jdthebud, you are representing frozen.palisades and Paragon: Rise of New World Order. frozen.palisades began her mafia career at Personality Cafe, eventually joining Bulbagarden around the 1/3 point of this season. This was frozen.palisades' first game as a host in Bulbagarden, and ended with a town victory after the three remaining townies figured the last scum in a MILO situation that seemed to be going wrong till the last moment. The game is known for its mentor system, where 11 players from sites other than Bulbagarden were partnered with the 11 players of the game respectively, trying to guide them and help improve their play.

You are Vanilla. Your only power is your vote so use it wisely.

Crate Diggah then entered The Round Table, which had only two people and a corpse by this point: “It is finally over. I am glad we saved The War Room and all of Bulbagarden. But its moderators are all lost, and so are many other nice regulars who played and hosted a lot, some of them staff in other sections too. This day should henceforth be known as War Room Day, in honor of all those who have fallen to ensure the safety of our website. A new age begins today, and new staff will be needed. We should schedule a staff drive, in which you will be welcome to apply, of course!”

THE END

Town has won the game, congratulations!
    Thanks to all the players, my co-host TheCapsFan and flavor writer/QT punster/almost-co-host-but-technically-not/debater over all the important decisions Maniacal Engineer!

TWR Season '16 Mafia - Mafia QT - QuickTopic free message board hosting
    TWR Season '16 Mafia - Graveyard/Spectators QT - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Post-game questions:
    Did you enjoy the game?

What did you think of the flavor text? What do you think of the fact that 3 different people wrote some phase updates each with little intervention from the others? How did that affect the end product? Would you like to see colors used for specific players again?

What did you think of the balance and the mechanics? What did you think of the intentionally pro-town scumhunting mechanic based on name/game claiming? What about the independents?

If you would like to change a single thing in this game, what would it be?

Would you like to see TWR Season ’17 Mafia? Any advice on what should/should not be included in that?

More of my own thoughts later.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back
    Top Bottom