• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia U-Choose Mafia II [ENDGAME]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ENDGAME - (MAFIA WIN)

Final Vote Count:
Minish: I (JamieIsBored)
JamieIsBored: IV (ZinnLav, Minish, Zexy, ExLight)

Dear JamieIsBored, you are:
Chrom (Fire Emblem)

nkFdHx4bO5IePLGpfkeljdqkhuuwFbeV-oPzvyQAK_zvWeEsUMFsWkacX2bV519ReAzd8XecUzng9RGcBVglwyhkfou3opbhst4-eekT7Sxz9wkG1QkWGs09ePa6QiaWUvEHnjnE6lElGxqxg8dMkWU

“All right. Together, we’ll be unstoppable. We’ll smash right through their ranks!”

Chrom is a central character in the "Fire Emblem" series, known for his noble leadership and unwavering dedication to his kingdom and allies. As the prince of the Halidom of Ylisse, Chrom takes on the responsibilities of safeguarding his realm and leading his Shepherds, a group of skilled warriors. Chrom is depicted as a skilled and honorable warrior, wielding a powerful sword and displaying strong combat prowess. He values justice, camaraderie, and loyalty, and he often puts the well-being of his friends and family above all else.

In this mafia game, you are the Sacrificial Bodyguard, each night, you can choose a player to protect with Bodyguard: NAME. If the chosen character is chosen for a nightkill by the mafia, you will intercept the attack and sacrifice yourself to save the target,

You are sided with the Town, you win when any and all threats to the Town are eliminated.

JamieIsBored was lynched, they were sided with the Town.
With this lynch town can not stop the Mafia, meaning the Mafia team of ExLight and Minish have won the game!

Dear Zexy, you are:
Weiss Schnee (RWBY)
KiP644-RZVbEZ-1CHH_k2CIVDc25C6qA0tlW-eJxB_6ygIGivE3E8cE4EU6GWqws8aYirww6krMHBzMU8v7mGs982iv_wrNPr8fmF2atjSzWacUJGUVa8HDY_UUrPUPniy7b22C3QImWVpybGD0xPmA

"I'm Not Perfect. Not Yet, But I'm Still Leagues Better Than You."

As a member of the Schnee Dust Company, a powerful and influential family, Weiss is initially introduced as an ice-cold heiress burdened by her family's expectations. However, as the series unfolds, she undergoes a transformation, breaking free from her past to become a skilled Huntress and a member of Team RWBY. Weiss wields her Glyph Semblance, allowing her to create various glyphs with unique effects, such as summoning objects, providing barriers, or enhancing her mobility.

In this mafia game you are the Glyphmaster, each night you may send me a message saying Glyph: USER. This creates a glyph that can protect players, using this on a player will protect them from actions in a night, not counting nightkills.

You are sided with the Town, you win when any and all threats to the Town are eliminated.
You are Yuma Kokohead.

Yuma%27s_Name_Card.jpg

“Emotions must be discarded to reach a perfect solution through a perfect deduction."
Yuma wakes up having lost his memory, his only clue, a letter from the World Detective Organisation, telling him he’s a Master Detective and instructing him to head to Kanai Ward, a city cut off from the rest of the world where he will await further instructions.

He soon discovers a spirit-like being following him, called Shinigami, the God of Death who tells him that they made a pact. In return for her help, Yuma gave all his memories to Shinigami. It soon becomes clear why Yuma would make such a deal as Kanai Ward is as corrupt as cities come, the local police force control everything and cover up the countless crimes that occur.

Using Shinigami’s powers, Yuma solves Mystery Labyrinth’s, a manifestation of an unsolved mystery and uses them to reveal the true culprit of the case. But Kanai Ward won’t change so easily and it’s many crimes seem almost unsurmountable, but with the help of his fellow Master Detectives, they hope to discover Kanai Ward’s Ultimate Secret and bring peace to the area once more.

In this Mafia game, you are the Town Memory Seer. Each night you may message me with Seer: Name, to let you see if a player used an ability that night. Alternatively once a game you may use 1x Tracker: Name to track exactly where someone visits, not just if they use an ability.

Zexy and ZinnLav both died in the endgame!
And your winners:

Dear ExLight, you are:
Nagito Komaeda (Danganronpa)

tAry8C2fjorRDRK21zQ9OXR7dv0A_fFWVzNFQSXGJLgmNKA0yb1vie9XpcIGDXWw3SG6UmK1FfXs9WhdI4yu6WAXwYcN6T501hVLHBtuKj0WUXlBS3t6W7yfOThxqrLfvUgGQYmwhKakGrnd9K7wag8

“Hope is exclusively found on the side of the weak. The losing side.” “No matter how big the despair... Hope will always win in the end.”

Nagito Komaeda is a complex and enigmatic character from the "Danganronpa" series. Known for his unpredictable behavior and intense admiration for hope, Nagito possesses a mix of eccentricity and devotion. His beliefs often lead him to embrace chaos in the pursuit of a greater good, blurring the lines between hero and antihero. Nagito's role in the games revolves around his desire to create despair to inspire hope, reflecting his contradictory personality.

In this mafia game, you will use the desire to create despair to become the Mafia Manipulator. Each night you may send either Disrupt: NAME or 1x Manipulate NAME1 / NAME2 to redirect NAME1’s ability to NAME2.

You are sided with the Mafia, you win when you defeat the town and any other possible threats.

Dear Minish, you are:
Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)

_J2h8Upx32ga4C8AoCmwaxo71Q_nA6nlTb_xcV4ofcJMqrV0FBuTn12eB4NtYeQ61Zua0nFf1_jSU_BGp0H74SrQm9deDjrflzlQq-brHCfT-R917W2IFwBwdyKtAKrpf8at432uqm-Jry_Ce3Zq1jk

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to find out if I'm really alive."

Spike Spiegel is the charismatic and laid-back protagonist of the iconic anime series "Cowboy Bebop." With a past shrouded in mystery, Spike leads a life as a skilled bounty hunter, pursuing criminals across the galaxy. His carefree attitude and remarkable combat skills are tempered by a sense of melancholy and introspection, reflecting his complex personality.
Due to your Bounty Hunter experience, each night you may send me Bounty: NAME to get information on your target, gaining valuable information about their abilities. Essentially making you a rolecop.

You are sided with the Mafia, you win when you defeat the town and any other possible threats.

Congratulations!

Got some host notes to post, you guys don't gotta read em, felt a bit guilty at this game not being as balanced as it could have been, felt like I had some explaining to do.

Host notes to show at the end of the game
My goal for this game was to have it be disruptive in the night phases, there were two roles blockers, and one rolestopper, with two tracking abilities as well. I thought this would cause a ton of “whodunnit” scenarios for town to overcome, so I could give everyone a role that wouldn’t be too OP, whilst also not buffing Mafia too much and giving them natural roles that could add to the disruption. I wanted a lot of in-thread In addition, due to so much role disruption on the map, I made the doctor a sacrificial bodyguard, in the chance of mafia redirecting him to their nightkill. Then after typing this, I realised there was no protection for the bodyguard, meaning mafia could just nightkill it anyways… But I guess they wouldn’t know that?

I can see after the game has finished that players weren’t too big on how ambiguous this was, and that it made it probably too hard to find mafia, thus skewing the game in their favour and making it pretty unbalanced, worse than I would have imagined in the setup. I had a plan for the game, but clearly it did not go that way so I can only apologise for that really. I will do better and I hope it doesn’t rub me the wrong way as a unfun host lol, that would never be my intention. I feel like I have always wanted to be the guy who makes fun games, not necessarily balanced games, but it’s also important for there to be a good balance of the two aswell. I didn’t look at the U-Choose I setup whilst doing this, and we had the same issues there apparently, so I suppose it seems like I wasn’t learning from my mistakes, but i’d attribute it to when I was making the setup (explained below). Nothing wrong by the players, they used logical thinking when it came to the roles, and as explained above I had a completely different idea with the characters given to me.

I think one of the Roleblocker/Rolestoppers or Tracker/Watchers -> Cop would have made this a bit of a lesser issue in retrospect, town had to rely too much on thread interaction, which again was my intention, but clearly did not play out the way I expected. And the mafia team we had weren’t likely to make slips if we’re being completely fair to em, both experienced players.

In addition, I feel like I could have made the roles a bit more unique and fun.

I feel like I gave ZinnLav an extremely crap role in a role madness game, besides the 1x tracker, so I am sorry for that. I think I got his character pretty good (with his description provided, so thankyou) but having someone who can see if someone can do actions in a role madness game is just extremely redundant.

I think I really rushed in getting this game out, I made the roles whilst making an online session of DnD, and I think I could have waited an extra day or two till I had free time to make a more fun and balanced game, with more unique and sensicle roles, but I felt like I had forced my own hand by giving myself a timeline of the day where I was playing DnD, so that's my fault and my fault alone really.

I do hope if I didn’t get your role right for your character, or that you didn’t enjoy the game that it doesn't stop you from joining the next edition. I’ve always tried my hardest to improve on previous mistakes but I do make them, still..
Game has been a bit of an eye opener on smaller things as well, not to do with the setup, things such as rules since I had a couple questions both in thread and in PMs about clarification on the rules, this is why I always ask people to ask me things, and therefore clarification as it’s huge with helping me with things i’ve either missed, or not described as well as I could have done, so thank you for this :D
I want to say it was my first game back, so I really want to blame it on rust :p but in reality I don't wanna make excuses like that haha ¯\(ツ)/¯.

Regardless of all the above, if you have read this I thank you, as well as a thankyou overall to everyone who joined, the game filled extremely quickly given recent levels of activity, so this does mean a fair bit to a host i’d like to point out.

If you haven't read the above I will repeat one part of it, and thats a huge thankyou to all of you who joined in, we filled this game awfully quickly, especially given activity levels. As a host it really means a lot to see support like that from the players, whether some played just to play mafia, the theme, or even me or whatever the reason is, it does mean a ton! I was not expecting traction like that so thankyou!

Now, as always, some questions (You don't need to answer if you don't want to!)

Did you enjoy the game?

Did you like your role, and do you think your character suited it?

What do you think could be improved, whether it be balance issues, role creation, character -> role, etc?

Would you play another U-Choose in the not so distant future?

Well done Ex and Minish! Very solid game from you two, sorry to town for being not very good this game I’ll work on it. Sorry Dawning for not saving you N2.

Thank you Calvin for hosting!

Did you enjoy the game? Yeah, I had tons of fun!

It was pretty good, kinda weak on its own, but combined with other roles I think it’d be pretty good. It definitely suited Chrom.

What do you think could be improved, whether it be balance issues, role creation, character -> role, etc? Hammer rules, I knew I was being lynched in a -Lo situation so just having to wait as everyone voted me and then waiting an extra 24 hours when there was realistically nothing I could have done to save myself in that situation.

Would you play another U-Choose in the not so distant future? Yeah of course! Great concept + great host = Great game!

Did you enjoy the game?
I'm... really not sure tbh. Idk, part of it was definitely my own play but.

My role was super cool and I really wish I'd gotten to use it. It did feel a bit more of a Yu-Gi-Oh franchise in general role rather than a Jack Atlas specific role but that's not really an issue.

What do you think could be improved, whether it be balance issues, role creation, character -> role, etc?
Like you said Zinn's seer thing was kinda weak in a role madness set up where like. Everyone except me was moving. And I feel like the roleblocker heavy thing still just didn't quite work, sorry.

Yeah. I've got some thoughts for what character I might submit for U-Choose III.

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes c:

Did you like your role, and do you think your character suited it?:
Being Politoed was fun even though I had no idea what I was doing lol

I wouldn't know tbh.

Yeah but I might need more help in private cuz I'm not very confident playing yet!

Last edited:
Did you enjoy the game?

Actually yes, despite the outcome.

Role was interesting, although I feel like so much more could be done with such a versatile fighter like Weiss.

Town felt weak, it needed more investigation, basically cop shots. Also I am not sure blocker stopper and blocker/1x action redirector was that good when it comes to weird role interactions.

Yes, but please try a bit harder with the setup being better for town, please.

Big kudos to Ex/Minish! Really good play all over. I did sus them for a while in LYLO, should have stayed on this more and hopefully convince Zinn (Jamie was on Minish anyway). Sorry for my part in our downfall, but please Jamie please be more careful with the gambits too next time.

Yay I now have Ex/Minish scum meta on my record. This is going to end well /s

Last edited:
My role was super cool and I really wish I'd gotten to use it.
Did you try to use n1 only to get blocked? This is the kind of role who you may either want to use ASAP so it does not get wasted, or wait just before YLO when scum are bigger % of players alive to hopefully have bigger % of leaning a free role of theirs. What was the plan?
Did you enjoy the game?
Yes c:

Did you like your role, and do you think your character suited it?:
Being Politoed was fun even though I had no idea what I was doing lol

I wouldn't know tbh.

Yeah but I might need more help in private cuz I'm not very confident playing yet!
Sorry you had to go through this in your very first game, but please know that ExLight and Minish are both very experienced players and could fool us rather well.

The way roles were distributed did not help either, or JamieIsBored calling you out for visiting DawningWinds when somehow all three of you were town...

Getting more confident takes a little practice, but as long as you did not feel scared off by the first game experience and are willing to try again, you can slowly and steadily figure it out!

Did you try to use n1 only to get blocked? This is the kind of role who you may either want to use ASAP so it does not get wasted, or wait just before YLO when scum are bigger % of players alive to hopefully have bigger % of leaning a free role of theirs. What was the plan?

Sorry you had to go through this in your very first game, but please know that ExLight and Minish are both very experienced players and could fool us rather well.

The way roles were distributed did not help either, or JamieIsBored calling you out for visiting DawningWinds when somehow all three of you were town...

Getting more confident takes a little practice, but as long as you did not feel scared off by the first game experience and are willing to try again, you can slowly and steadily figure it out!
Aww thanks. c:
Kinda shame that Dawning didn't get to use their role at all because of me and someone else, but I guess it's just one game after all.

Aww thanks. c:
Kinda shame that Dawning didn't get to use their role at all because of me and someone else, but I guess it's just one game after all.
Yeah, as Town Roleblocker you need to be a bit careful with who you target, although Dawning felt suspicious at the time. Town Rolestopper is similarly tricky, which is why I considered claiming it early. Had you claimed it just a bit earlier, before Jamie/Dawning called you out about it, we might have considered not lynching you too.

Also, Calvin, could we please get graveyard access? And mafia chat if Ex/Minish do not mind.

Wanted to wait till after mass-claim so I could fairly definitively clear or out someone (since I would get the drawn role's alignment as well), but that didn't happen D2 so I tried night 2, only to die.

For the record, massclaiming d3 actually made things worse. Unfortunate consequence of both scum coasting up to that point without having to claim at all.

Also Zinn quote was too much of a townslip, for a very weird forums technical reason that I am not sure if I should explain further...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom