• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unnoficial story theories

Lemme throw something out there:

Chuck Norris is what Willis was talkin' about.

Oops, that's not the right theory!

Alright.... Cynthia is Barry's biological mother. How? First, let's take a look-see at their appearances. Both are tall and have long limbs (Cynthia to the point of looking disporportionate), similar face structure, and similar curls in their similarly colored hair. Barry took the rest from Palmer.

Her attitude in the game really doesn't matter, since she was only getting close to you, because of the potential she saw in you, and probably no longer felt any emotion for her son. Of course, there is evidence in how the woman implied to be his mother (the person at his house) seems to show little emotion for him either, almost as if she wanted him to be gone the whole time. If this is true, it would never be implied to you, because it would be none of your business to know.

And another one....

The church in Jubilife worships Chuck Norris, Mr.T, and Vin Diesel, not Arceus.

... We already know who Barry's mom is the lady in Twinleaf... he got those featurees from his dad. I doubt that they're related since Barry's family is from Twinleaf while Cnythia hails from Celsisic

And they obviously worship Arseus they have Mount Coronet with a glwoing top were Arceus is...

And I think the Unown are more connected to Arceus as shown in the Ruin event and possible GIratinas realm..

The church in Jubilife worships Chuck Norris, Mr.T, and Vin Diesel, not Arceus.

Sure :eek:hdear: But in all seriousness, it always kinda annoyed me the way they didn't do anything with the church. Even though they never even releazed it, I wish it could at least have had something to do with the Azure Flute event.

I know this is probably un-related and doesn't belong in this thread, but I have always wondered why statues and sprites appear throughout the games of Rhydon. I only bring it up because I previous user mentioned it in this thread. I think I read once that it was the first Pokemon created by Game Freak, and is first in the index coding whatchamajigger, but I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me? Statures, menu sprites for the 2nd Gen, the Substitute sprite, these all confuse me!

I think that's all, there's no mystery behind I don't think. I think it's just quite simply that it was the first Pokemon ever designed :look:

... We already know who Barry's mom is the lady in Twinleaf... he got those featurees from his dad. I doubt that they're related since Barry's family is from Twinleaf while Cnythia hails from Celsisic

We also already know that rivals have the worst luck of anyone in the series. Blue is a jackass, and loses his grandfather's respect at the end of the game. Silver was rejected by his father as a child, and is a rat bastard because of it. Wally has some sort of lung infection that refuses to go away. Barry has ADHD, strives to be his father, and gets beat the shit out of by Team Galactic. (May/Brendan doesn't count, because s/he is just a psuedorival)

I just like to up the ante against them, and say that the Generation IV rival is the product of a drunken bender between Cynthia and Palmer.

Last edited:
We also already know that rivals have the worst luck of anyone in the series. Blue is a jackass, and loses his grandfather's respect at the end of the game. Silver was rejected by his father as a child, and is a rat bastard because of it. Wally has some sort of lung infection that refuses to go away. Barry has ADHD, strives to be his father, and gets beat the shit out of by Team Galactic. (May/Brendan doesn't count, because s/he is just a psuedorival)

I just like to up the ante against them, and say that the Generation IV rival is the product of a drunken bender between Cynthia and Palmer.

Well.. I think BLue regianed Oak's respect in Gen II so that's more or less viod. Silver turned for the better at the end and Wally's infection more or less dissapered when he left Petelburg.

And Palmer doesn't seem th etype to cheat on hi swife and I don't think miss Palmer (whatever Barry's last name is) would raise the bastard son of her cheating husband a a drunk floozy (her view not mine)

And Palmer doesn't seem th etype to cheat on hi swife and I don't think miss Palmer (whatever Barry's last name is) would raise the bastard son of her cheating husband a a drunk floozy (her view not mine)

And that is why she doesn't seem to like him, according to her dialouge during the game post-E4. Let's get off this crazy train to hell, and I'll drop us another atom bomb.

Cyrus died in the Distortion World after he was defeated. Now let us discuss.

Cyrus died in the Distortion World after he was defeated. Now let us discuss.

Well that would be the most logical thing to asume. But I've stated before, I don't think they'd kill of characters in a game aimed at 8 year olds. It's possible that he's simply trapped there forever.

Don't forget how Silver was only hinted to be Giovanni's son (until HGSS) and Steven was only hinted at being the one who gave away the Resort House.

I feel special for being the one who put this on the Villa's page forever ago, and then seeing it mentioned somewhere. x)
Although, people who've played Gen. III should catch that anyways.

Well that would be the most logical thing to asume. But I've stated before, I don't think they'd kill of characters in a game aimed at 8 year olds. It's possible that he's simply trapped there forever.

Knowing Cyrus, he'll find a way out. I mean, the professor in Giratina and the Sky Warrior knew how to get around and things. Cyrus probably does too. He also was constantly ahead of you when you're looking for Giratina, because he knew (mostly) where he was going and how to get there even with the gravity and reality shifts.

It's heavily implied that he will die since he's "trapped there forever" anyway. And let's not forget Giovanni's waterfall swim. Pokemon's a game for all ages, after all.

It's heavily implied that he will die since he's "trapped there forever" anyway. And let's not forget Giovanni's waterfall swim. Pokemon's a game for all ages, after all.

I really don't believe he'd commit suicide. But that's moot. We all know that he survives in the anime and that Team Rocket is still there. That's good enough, even though the anime sucks.

Knowing Cyrus, he'll find a way out. I mean, the professor in Giratina and the Sky Warrior knew how to get around and things. Cyrus probably does too. He also was constantly ahead of you when you're looking for Giratina, because he knew (mostly) where he was going and how to get there even with the gravity and reality shifts.

Perhaps, maybe we haven't seen the last of him. He's probably gone insane by now, believing he is all powerful in his own world, simply because there is no-one there to challenge him. If we DO ever see him again (which would be a nice little thing to come with my previous idea, of another encounter with Giratina in the Altering cave) he will probably be completly psychotic, and hell bent on ruling this world after being so used to his own.

And let's not forget Giovanni's waterfall swim. Pokemon's a game for all ages, after all.

Again, excuse me for my nostalgia goggles, but I refuse to believe he's dead, there's still very little evidence. I know it's obviously the first and most logical conclusion, but I want Giovanni to get a mention/cameo, just one final time.

Again, excuse me for my nostalgia goggles, but I refuse to believe he's dead, there's still very little evidence. I know it's obviously the first and most logical conclusion, but I want Giovanni to get a mention/cameo, just one final time.

No excuse needed. And my first thought was that he surfed or swam away. I didn't even think about him being suicidal until some newbie added it to his Bulbapedia page.

Right now I want to know which kind of places will become accessible after the Isshu Elite Four. Considering that the games even have a plane that could take players anywhere, I sorely hope Game Freak won't settle for another Battle Zone with little added value.

I have my fingers crossed for a return to Hoenn.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom