• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Megathread

Ok. We are almost there. Out of the three members (Pikachu, Cubone, & Magnemite), which would you say you feel has done the best? Which one would you say has done the worst?

Ok. We are almost there. Out of the three members (Pikachu, Cubone, & Magnemite), which would you say you feel has done the best? Which one would you say has done the worst?
I have to say that the trio is a pretty good one, so it's hard to call it one way or the other.

Log #B15-Sky Tower
0448Lucario.png
Lucario Rank
Turns out, Lucario Rank is at 15,000 Points, not 10,500, and I didn't want to grind any more, so we didn't get there.
Oh well.

My Team:
Cubone (Me)-Level 45
Pikachu (Partner)-Level 45
Magnemite-Level 41
0384Rayquaza.png
Sky Tower
I felt ready, so I decided to get my Team ready to take on Rayquaza. Alakazam and Xatu set up the Teleport Gem, and then the three o us traveled to Sky Tower. Before this fight, I made sure to have enough Huge Apples and Reviver Seeds. Also, I wanted to have a Totter Seed and a few Stun Seeds in the box so I could make Rayquaza Confused and Stunned to stall it out, since Rayquaza has 600 HP!

It took a bit, but the plan worked, and Rayquaza fell, finally listening about the meteor. Rayquaza saved the world, and I went back to the Human World. I begged the universe to let me go back, and once I did, Pikachu was overjoyed.
Mystery_Dungeon_World_RTRB.png
So, it turns out that the Continent that this game took place on was the Air Continent. It was the northeast of the world.

I am not going to do the Post Game. There is a lot of Post Game. The next Log will be the beginning of Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time.

Until the next time, we will see you in a new game.

Log#EoT1-Starting the Game
0390Chimchar.png

0258Mudkip.png
Starting the Game
I chose Chimchar and the partner was Mudkip. Before I entered the world, Mudkip was an explorer who liked studying ruins and the hidden places in the world. After we became friends, a bullying Koffing and Zubat attacked us, leaving us to take on Beach Cave. We both started at Level 5. We were forced to take them on at the end of the cave, and defeated them, even though they were Level 6. Once we beat them, they left.

When we got to Wigglytuff's Guild, we became a Team that we named CharKip. As we continued through the early part of the game, we traveled through Drenched Bluff, where we did more exploration.

Eventually, we were asked to save an Azurill at Mt. Bristle from an outlaw Drowzee. Unfortunately, we failed at even getting to the battle with Drowzee. The Outlaw Drowzee is Level 12, so it was not surprising that we couldn't even get to it. It was frustrating that the wild Pokemon have more of a speed advantage over us and Mudkip doesn't like to actually attack. Angry noises

As a result, we will spend some time training to Level 17. We have moved from Normal Rank to Bronze Rank (100 pts) using a few training missions. Right now, we are Level 11, and I suspect we won't go to take on Drowzee until we get to Silver Rank (400 pts), though we will see. Hopefully the next time we go after Drowzee, we will be able to beat him and move on.

Until the next time, we will see you!

Log#EoT2-Silver Rank
600px-0040Wigglytuff.png
Right now, Team CharKip is Silver Rank (At least 400 pts). Our current Level is Level 12. My plan is to get up to Gold Rank (at least 1600 pts) before I take on Drowzee.

So, I want to either (But hopefully both):
*Get to Level 17
*Get to Gold Rank

I was looking online, and it would appear that Level 12 should be enough, but I really don't feel comfortable until at least Gold Rank.

Odds are that the next Log will be Gold Rank. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log#EoT3-Fighting Drowzee & Doing Sentry Duty
Drowzee_wanted_poster_TDS.png
I know I said I was going to do my next post about getting Gold Rank before I went after Drowzee, but I decided I would try to take on Drowzee, see if I could beat it.

Vs. Drowzee

Ok, so I will admit that I bested this fight largely through the use of Iron Thorns. Each one cut about 10-20 HP off of Drowzee. At Level 13, we managed to defeat Drowzee, and Magnezone took Drowzee into custody.

We could finally move forward.
600px-0050Diglett.png
After some time, we were tasked with doing Diglett's sentry duty. It's basically a minigame where you have to guess the footprint of the Pokemon coming into the guild. We did well, and made some money on it.

In the next Log, we will cover some other things we did. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log#EoT4-Resource Management & Building The Team
0358Chimecho.png
At Kangaskhan Storage, I found out that my storage was full. The hard part about storage in this game is that it is expanded over time, but each item has it's own space in the storage. In the other game, it was collected much better. This game forces you to potentially throw away items. Instead, I did some resource management, selling off much of my excess items.

Building A Team
After a mission, Chimecho met with us, talking about Chimecho Assembly, where we can add Team Members who want to join with us. Our current Team additions are:
Starly (Level 10)-Was first Level 8 when it got added to our party. Is going to be our 3rd permanent member.
Lileep (Level 3)

Current Team
Chimchar (Level 13)
Mudkip (Level 13)
Starly (Level 10)
Time_Gear.png
Additions In The Story
A mysterious thief has stolen a Time Gear, the mechanism that keeps time running in the Pokemon World. Treeshroud Forest has been frozen in time due to the loss of the gear. The guild was in a bit of a panic about it (obviously), and we were tasked with finding the waterfall at the end of Waterfall Cave.

I don't think we are ready yet, so once we feel ready, we will take that on. In the next Log, we will either talk about Gold Rank (getting there) or Waterfall Cave.

Log#EoT5-Building Team Update
0358Chimecho.png
Current Team:
Chimchar (Level 13)
Mudkip (Level 13)
Starly (Level 11)

Reserve Members:
Lileep (Level 3)
Machop (Level 7)
Geodude (Level 1)-Gained after a mission

Of those 3 reserve members, I am leaning toward Machop being the 4th Team member. Unlike in the first game, this game allows for a 4th member. You can also send members home without punishment midquest.

This is my new planned Team:
Chimchar
Mudkip
Starly
Machop

If we get a new update on the team, we will post it. Until the next time, we will see you!

I just looked at a team builder. The team is very balanced. You do have two weaknesses to Electric and two to Rock. You have Machop to handle Rock, so you don't need to worry there.

Log#EoT6-Gold Rank
600px-0040Wigglytuff.png
Now, we have achieved Gold Rank (at least 1600 pts). It's halfway to Diamond Rank (3200 Pts.) Once my Team is at Least Level 17, we will go off to Waterfall Cave.
Marowak_Dojo_TDS.png
Marowak Dojo
The Marowak Dojo is very challenging. Much more so than the Makuhita Dojo of the previous game. I managed to defeat the Grass Dungeon, though some of the others still elude me. I will be training until my Team is Level 17.

Log#EoT7-Waterfall Cave
0324Torkoal.png
Waterfall Cave
Before I went to Waterfall Cave, here was my Team:
Chimchar (Level 17)
Mudkip (Level 17)
Starly (Level 16)
Machop (Level 13)

We went through the cave, all 8 Levels, and it wasn't too hard to get through there. We got Grimer as part of the Team, at least the reserve ones. Getting to the end of the cave, Mudkip and I found a giant gemstone. Eventually, we triggered a memory of Wigglytuff who found their way past the waterfall.

The gemstone triggered a stream of water which flooded us to a hot spring, which was headed by a Torkoal. As we came back home to the Guild, Team Skull (a team of a Skuntank, Zubat, and Koffing), showed up and tried to take jobs at the guild. Skuntank smelled really bad!

At this point, we could do work with the Outlaw Board.

In the next Log, we will do some Outlaw experience. Until then, we will see you!

Log#EoT8-Living With Criminals
0462Magnezone.png
We started doing the Outlaw Board, which we didn't have access to before. Team Skull is still living in the Guild. We were tasked with getting some of Wigglytuff's perfect Apples. This location is at Apple Woods. Unfortunately, Team Skull met us there, and, even though we got there all the way to the tree, Team Skull took all of the apples, then framed us for it and left us to fail.

We did not fail. Those cheaters beat us up, stole the apples, and the guild punished us. Our friends in the Guild helped us get dinner after Chatot and Wigglytuff denied us food.

Can I just go on a tangent about Apple Woods? I didn't know that apparently, in this game, status effects CAN STACK. I was fighting this one Butterfree, and it simultaneously used Sleep Powder, Poison Powder, Stun Powder, and Poison Powder again. That was CRAZY!

Due to the scam of Team Skull, we are not going to be taken to the "big expedition of the Guild". I hope we will be able to eventually turn the tables on Team Skull.

Log#EoT9-Setup for the Big Expedition
600px-0040Wigglytuff.png
After doing a few Outlaw missions and otherwise, we were told who would have be invited to the Guild-wide expedition. To our surprise, the whole expedition was included, including us.

Wigglytuff_Guild_members.png

We are not going to go on the expedition until we are Gold Rank. We did end up with a larger item bag, and have done some resource management and more sentry duty. I think I am getting better at the sentry duty. Identifying those footprints is pretty difficult.

In the next Log, we will post the Gold Rank. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log#EoT10-The Big Expedition
Wigglytuff_Guild_members.png
Ok, so I know I said I wouldn't be moving forward until I got to Gold Rank, but the game basically forced me to move onward before the Rank upgrade, so here we go!

The Big Expedition
This part of the game sent me through Side Path, Craggy Coast, Rock Path, Mt. Horn, Forest Path, Foggy Forest, & Steam Cave in pursuit of Fogbound Lake. Our other Team members weren't allowed to travel with us, so Bidoof (Level 14) went with us instead. In this entire experience, we got from Level 18 to Level 22. Bidoof was a bit helpful here, but we were largely on our own.

Steam Cave
At the end of Steam Cave, we ran into Groudon (Level 30) after awakening it from its slumber due to a Drought Orb. After we defeated it, it was found that Groudon was fake, an illusion caused by Uxie to protect the lake. In the end, we earned the friendship of Uxie and finished the expedition.

In other news, we found out that Wigglytuff beat up Team Skull. I guess Wigglytuff is strong after all. Hooray! We also got a pack increase, so that is good. We also started being able to collect Chests in our journey, which Xatu can unlock at his shop.

Hopefully, I will be able to take on some more outlaws for a bit. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log#EoT11-Another Time Gear Missing & Getting An Egg
Time_Gear.png
Another Time Gear has gone missing, bringing the total missing to 3. We went to the Kecleon shop to see if they will sell Perfect Apples. When that fails, we go back to hunting down outlaws. During one of these occasions, we find ourselves with an egg.

Eggs
Not sure how eggs work in this game. I do know that Chansey has opened up a shop to hatch it. Not sure when it will hatch, but I hope they will be useful in the future.

Marill and Azurill
These two brothers have returned. This time, they are looking for a Water Float, a rare item. Team Skull has taken it to Amp Plains, but I don't think we are ready for that, since the boss is Level 33. If we can continue to train at Marowak Dojo and taking on more Outlaws, we should be fine, but it will be a while if the game will let me do what I feel I need to.

Log#EoT12-A Discussion About Eggs
600px-0090Shellder.png
Our first egg hatched, becoming a Shellder. When it hatched, it was out at Level 1. We are not going to do anything with it, since we have our Team of 4.

Our Team
Chimchar (Level 24)
Mudkip (Level 24)
Starly (Level 20)
Machop (Level 18)
799px-SugimoriEggs.png
Shortly thereafter, we got another Egg. Don't know what it is yet, but we should find out soon. Right now, the plan is to continue going after Outlaws until we complete the following goals:
  • Gold Rank (We are within striking distance!)
  • Any future Ranks
  • Chimchar (Level 41)
  • Mudkip (Level 42)
  • Starly (Level 37)
  • Machop (Level 37)
  • Clear out as much of the Marowak Dojo as possible. That place has still bested me for the most part, mainly because we are not able to equip items to Pokemon. I have beaten the Grass challenge, but no others yet.

The next Log will be Gold Rank, so we will see you then. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log#EoT13-Apparently Diamond Rank
0167Spinarak.png
Ok, so first of all, I thought I was going through Gold Rank, but at the latest rank update, I found myself at Diamond Rank (at least 3200 Pts). I guess I was just blowing and going. Beating Outlaws gives a lot of experience and points.

My most recent egg was a Spinarak, and I have another egg in development. Going after the outlaws that Police chief Magnezone wants to hunt down gives some very interesting rewards, and each one of those gives between 50 and 100 points for the rank.

The next Rank update should be Super Rank (at least 6,000 pts.) Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log#EoT14-Amp Plains
Before I get started, I want to wish you a happy new year! Thanks for the 1,000 views. It means a lot!

We took some time to get ready for this fight, including hatching some eggs. Taking on Amp Plains was very difficult. It actually took us two tries to get it done. We tried to take this on at Level 27, There are 8 Luxio and 1 Luxray, and, in many ways, there are two options to take this on. You can focus on the Luxio or the Luxray. I decided to focus on the Luxray.

First Attempt (Level 27)
We got to the Kangaskhan statue relatively easily, leaving us to be pretty sure we could take this on. We got down to the point where there were only 2 Luxio left before we got beaten, disappointing and frustrating me. I felt I would not take this on until I got the first Super Rank, which we did at Level 30.

Second Attempt (Level 30)

This time, we were able to clear the challenge, though we were nervous if we could actually defeat the Amp Plains tribe. Turns out, we did, though just barely. We got the Water Float back.
253Grovyle_PMD_Explorers.png
After we beat the tribes, Grovyle steals another time gear. The guild wants to hunt down Grovyle, but we are tasked with going to The Northern Desert. Grovyle is Level 44, and we are nowhere near that level. We are going to be training for a bit before we go to the Northern Desert.

Log#EoT15-Ultra Rank & The Northern Desert
Northern_Desert_exit_TD.png
At Level 34, we reached Ultra Rank (at least 10,000 Pts.), and I felt that we were ready to take on the Northern Desert. Floors 6, 10, and 11 have Sandstorm weather, meaning you lose 3 HP for every step you take. By Floor 15, we were exhausted, and I almost ended up getting wiped because of a lack of preparedness and a bunch of monsters being able to manage my attacks. Larvitar, Sandshrew, and Cubone were the toughest fighters here.

We were sent there to find Time Gears, but we came up short, though we are now thinking about going back there to see what lies beneath the quicksand.

Apparently the boss Mespirit is Level 42, and I don't think we are ready for that fight at all. I think I want to train a bit before we take this next part on.

Log #EoT16-Quicksand Cave & Marowak Dojo
Northern_Desert_exit_TD.png
At Level 36, we tried to do Quicksand Cave, and we actually got to Quicksand Pit (the interior 10 Floors) but between Sandslash and the Tyranitars, we couldn't beat it. Going to try again at Level 42, though I might go again at Level 55, mainly because the idea of having Tyranitars in there kinda scares me.

My Team is currently Level 37-38.
Marowak_Dojo_TDS.png
With that loss, we decided to do a few Marowak Dojo dungeons. We only have the Rock/Water, Fighting/Psychic, & the Ghost Maze left. I am going to do those once I feel that my levels are high enough, probably as a sign that we are ready to try again with Quicksand Cave.

The next Log will either be:
A. The Hyper Rank or
B. Marowak Dojo Dungeons or
C. Quicksand Cave retry

Back
Top Bottom