• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unsolved Mysteries in X/Y...

Am I the only person that thought the girl drinking from the vase to be odd? Like the ghost girl was a nice way to have another ghost and showoff the new graphics, but the girl drinking from a vase with her family wondering where she was just urked me.

Where did you see that?

Originally Posted by Gamingboy
One thing that gets to me: the Mewtwo mega-stones. If Mewtwo wasn't natural, how could there be Mewtwo megastones, unless science made the stones too.

My theory: They aren't really Mewtwo stones.... they are Mew stones, and we'll see some type of event-exclusive Mega-Mew in the future.
My theory is that they were regular stones. Mega stones, but not really compatible with any existing Pokémon. Since Mew has every Pokémon's DNA within it and Mewtwo is basically a rearranging of those genes, the rearrangement that resulted in Mewtwo also resulted in those two stones being compatible with this new creature. But that's just me.

My notes, due to Mewtwo being the most powerful pokemon, the scientist made him mega stones as well, that's why he drops them, so they are artificial mega stones, the only ms made by humans

Just a thought, has anyone tried bringing Banette and or Shuppet to the chamber of emptiness? Or all three Kanto Birds to the place where they're caught?
Both don't work, for now

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope that the Chamber of Emptiness does something in the future.

I'm pretty sure that Diancie will evolve from Carbink, but with an event? I feel like it'll have something to do with the Anistar Sundial. Maybe take a Carbink there with a certain event item and the wheel things start spinning and glowing and stuff and then BAM DIANCIE! Or maybe the event would allow you to chip off a little piece of the sundial crystal and BAM DIANCIE

Finally, as someone else said, the power plant buildings were described to use power very similar to that of the new legendary things. Although I find it doubtful that you would just find them in those buildings, the pokemon will probably have something to do with them. Maybe evolving Carbink into Diancie would give you something like a 'Crystal Key' that would be used to unlock the power plant that uses crystals, and you would find a hold item or mega stone in there.
Just speculation. ^-^

The second part wasnt for you..... I forgot I posted twice and the second part was for another person.
But not everyone has leaders. The legendary birds don't, the Hoenn legendaries dont. Regigigas was a new Pokemon that was added onto the Regi's in a seperate game and therefore couldn't get it in Hoenn making it secluded. As I said before, Arceus is an event Pokemon and doesnt really count for me. Though I do admit that in its movie it showed leadership on the trio in Sinnoh, but its not the point. The point was, Game Freak hasnt made an quadruple that has each and every one have a point in the main story (without events) at some point.

Actually, the Legendary Birds have a trio master, and so does the Weather Trio. Lugia is the master of the Birds and Raquaza is the internal master of that trio, with the ability to calm the other two and send them off to bed without supper. :p

Considering B2/W2 came out in 2012 and X/Y came out in 2013, we know they can make 72 Pokémon, 30 Mega Evolutions, and like 40 Formes in a year. IF the third version pattern of Generations 3 and 4 come back, we could get Pokémon Z in 2015, enough time for them to make another crop of Pokémon for Generation 6 and Kalos' (hopefully) neighboring region.

Interestingly, I read somewhere on here that X and Y had been in development since 2010, so that would have been quite a bit more time than the actual time between the release of BW2 and X/Y. Granted, they had to make 3D models for every single Pokemon, so it certainly would have taken a while. Now that they've been established those models will probably be used for some time, leaving the artists and designers free to work on new 'Mons.

The Power Plants: One feeds off of Crystal Energy, the other off of Thermal Energy from steam, and the third and fourth by wind power and Thermal Energy from magma. Everyone assumed those were tied to the event legendaries, but since hackers have confirmed that you get Diancie like we did Torchic, then the Crystal power plant is useless. Unless she can unlock it to get a signature crystal item or something.
Wind power, steam power and thermal energy? Is it just me who thinks this could be the beasts/weather trio? I'd love it to be one huge maze with a legendary at the end, or something really freaky like sendoff spring. We haven't had enough of those lately.

Considering B2/W2 came out in 2012 and X/Y came out in 2013, we know they can make 72 Pokémon, 30 Mega Evolutions, and like 40 Formes in a year. IF the third version pattern of Generations 3 and 4 come back, we could get Pokémon Z in 2015, enough time for them to make another crop of Pokémon for Generation 6 and Kalos' (hopefully) neighboring region.

Interestingly, I read somewhere on here that X and Y had been in development since 2010, so that would have been quite a bit more time than the actual time between the release of BW2 and X/Y. Granted, they had to make 3D models for every single Pokemon, so it certainly would have taken a while. Now that they've been established those models will probably be used for some time, leaving the artists and designers free to work on new 'Mons.

Really? Since HG and SS? Receipts?

The Power Plants: One feeds off of Crystal Energy, the other off of Thermal Energy from steam, and the third and fourth by wind power and Thermal Energy from magma. Everyone assumed those were tied to the event legendaries, but since hackers have confirmed that you get Diancie like we did Torchic, then the Crystal power plant is useless. Unless she can unlock it to get a signature crystal item or something.
Wind power, steam power and thermal energy? Is it just me who thinks this could be the beasts/weather trio? I'd love it to be one huge maze with a legendary at the end, or something really freaky like sendoff spring. We haven't had enough of those lately.

A lot of people are speculating that now, since it's more than likely the power plants have nothing to do with the event legendaries. But then there's the still the matter of the crystal-powered plant. Only crystalline legendary we've ever gotten is Diancie. And we don't even know what the regular power plant from the main story runs on. That's probably for a reason.

A lot of people are speculating that now, since it's more than likely the power plants have nothing to do with the event legendaries. But then there's the still the matter of the crystal-powered plant. Only crystalline legendary we've ever gotten is Diancie. And we don't even know what the regular power plant from the main story runs on. That's probably for a reason.

Maybe the crystals have something to do with the enigmatic anistair sundial... Or mega eon Pokemon? (Not officially released, but brought up by hackers like the event legendaries)

Maybe the crystals have something to do with the enigmatic anistair sundial... Or mega eon Pokemon? (Not officially released, but brought up by hackers like the event legendaries)

I could see the Anistar Sundial being more related to Diancie than the Power Plant, but I could totally see the Soul Dew (a gem) being available in the crystalline Power Plant, and it would also complete the Hoenn legendaries theme. Maybe there's mega stones for the Weather Trio in the Plants instead of the Trio themselves?

I'm not sure what you mean by receipts, but if you're asking where I saw that, I don't recall exactly which thread it was or who posted it. So I'd say take that info with a grain of salt. It is plausible, though. I think that creating an entire 3D world with 3D models would take a lot more time and effort than coloring pixels to make sprites.

The source of the statement is a recent interview with Junichi Masuda:

How long has Pokémon X&Y been in development? Had work already begun on the game while Black & White 2 were in development?

Yes, the conceptual planning for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y began before Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version were released. The idea for the game first arose around June of 2010. Then we spent 3 years developing the game, and – when you include the localization work – it ended up being a big project on which around 500 people were involved.

I'm not sure what you mean by receipts, but if you're asking where I saw that, I don't recall exactly which thread it was or who posted it. So I'd say take that info with a grain of salt. It is plausible, though. I think that creating an entire 3D world with 3D models would take a lot more time and effort than coloring pixels to make sprites.

How long has Pokémon X&Y been in development? Had work already begun on the game while Black & White 2 were in development?

Yes, the conceptual planning for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y began before Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version were released. The idea for the game first arose around June of 2010. Then we spent 3 years developing the game, and – when you include the localization work – it ended up being a big project on which around 500 people were involved.

That's incredible to be honest. And yes, receipts = proof lol My b for not specifying... gif_50x50_d20ad3.gi.gif

That's incredible to be honest. And yes, receipts = proof lol My b for not specifying... View attachment 93526

Instead of receipts, say "source". It's much clearer for the purpose.

[*]Heatran: That one's also unconfirmed. It's unsettling to think that a monster made out of molten magma and partially molten steel lives in the sewers of Paris... I mean, a legendary Pokémon is trapped under the canals of Lumiose.

Off topic most likely.

It's not related but this kind of reminded me of 'Mars' a character in the series 'The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel' which so happens to be trapped under the catacombs of Paris with having molten lava covering him.

It would be plausible if it were really a myth, his situation in Paris of course, but it's only canon in the story of the author which seems quite farfetched. But just pointing it out.

[*]Heatran: That one's also unconfirmed. It's unsettling to think that a monster made out of molten magma and partially molten steel lives in the sewers of Paris... I mean, a legendary Pokémon is trapped under the canals of Lumiose.

Off topic most likely.

It's not related but this kind of reminded me of 'Mars' a character in the series 'The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel' which so happens to be trapped under the catacombs of Paris with having molten lava covering him.

It would be plausible if it were really a myth, his situation in Paris of course, but it's only canon in the story of the author which seems quite farfetched. But just pointing it out.

Nicholas Flamel is a real person? I thought JK Rowling created him. o_O

Did anybody noticed that one female NPC in one of the hotels says, "This pillar....it's so thick!"

Off topic most likely.

I thought so too, but then I read the book and did a little research. I was so shocked.

Sorry for being off topic.

Off topic most likely.

I thought so too, but then I read the book and did a little research. I was so shocked.

Sorry for being off topic.

Sweetie, it's fine. And it could very well be a reference to that.

Possibly solved the Mystery of the Strange Souvenir?!??!!

Hello everyone.

I was looking into the mysteries surrounding Pokemon X/Y, and found a very strange phenomenon I'd like to discuss.
Honestly, it freaked me out, and while I'm sure this will sound like fan-fiction, it's not, so hear me out.

First, to explain briefly: In Pokemon X/Y, you can obtain an item called the Strange Souvenir from a backpacker who claims to come from a region different from those introduced in Gens I-VI (although Orre is not mentioned). It is currently unknown what this item does. It is NOT a key item, which means you can have Pokemon hold it.

Next: In Pokemon X/Y, when you reach Route 14 while progressing through the story, you visit a man who tells you a horror story about a 'Horde of faceless men'. Horde is a keyword here- we all know about the Horde encounters that were introduced this generation.

Finally: Using the move Sweet Scent forces a Horde encounter on Routes that have them.

Ok, so get a load of this:
I had just obtained the Strange Souvenir for myself and thought that, considering the Souvenir seems to have a face, that it might have something to do with the faceless men. On Monday, April 7, at around 12:30~12:45AM, I had my Charizard hold the Strange Souvenir, went onto Route 14, and used Sweet Scent in the muddy areas where you can encounter wild Pokemon.

The following message appeared:
"For some reason, the Sweet Scent faded away..."
^(Note: I play the Japanese version, so the English text for this might be slightly different)

This startled me, as I had never seen this message before.
I tried removing the item, and used Sweet Scent again.
I was able to encounter Pokemon normally via Sweet Scent (although using Sweet Scent on this Route seems to attract individual Pokemon rather than Hordes).
I tried giving Charizard the Strange Souvenir again.
Sweet Scent stopped working again.

Ok, so now I was freaking out like crazy. I tried testing this technique out on Route 5, where there are Gulpin, Plusle/Minun, etc. Hordes. This did not happen.

Now, I went back to Route 14 and tried to use this technique again, yet for some reason the technique stopped working (AKA Sweet Scent started worked normally all the time again). Looking at the clock on my PC, I noticed it had just turned to 1AM.

Now, researching online, I discovered that Sweet Scent fails when some weather is ongoing (rain, sandstorm, etc.). However, I'm almost certain that wasn't happening at the time, and that wouldn't explain the phenomenon of Sweet Scent working/not working while giving/taking items away from a Pokemon while standing in-place.

I know this sounds like fan-fiction, but it's not. I'm going to be stalking around Route 14 for the next few days to see what I can find out; If anyone wants to help me in testing this theory, the help would be appreciated. At any rate, I wanted to share this information with the community- if I'm on to something, this could be a huge deal.

And if I'm completely off somehow, do forgive me- I was just thinking that Game Freak probably wouldn't leave a mystery unsolvable. I mean, look at the Abyssal Ruins- certainly a great challenge, but completely solvable in-game, without any wifi-event nonsense.

So I thought I would try to solve the mystery under the assumption that it is solvable. And I was lucky, perhaps.

EDIT:
As an extra, here's the Bulbapedia Page for Route 14:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kalos_Route_14

I was in the northern part of the Route, right by the Scary House when I encountered this phenomenon.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom