• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

You mean for the anniversary movie? Good question. Did anyone use Z moves in that movie?
I actually meant that if they had a film planned for Mew in the future, why not just use the Mewnium Z?

That movie was about Volcanion and Magearna. So no.

That movie was about Volcanion and Magearna. So no.

No, the anniversary movie they're referring to is "I Choose You", which was for the 20th anniversary movie of the anime, aside from being one of the yearly movies. I do doubt they'll use Mew & its Z-Move for reasons I stated in the post before yours.

That said, I'm expecting whatever event-exclusive thing for next yearthat USUM will have would be related to Celebi. It hasn't really gained anything. Of course it could be a Gen 8 Pokemon

pokemon japanese twitter just posted this... seems like the fire trial is still the same, at least location-wise. We didn't see the hiker in SM until he photobombed the trial, so I guess the trial itself changed a bit?
The volcano might still not be an actual dungeon, which sucks..This whole post is about the hiker popularity contest apparently and the hiker in the game says something like "Alola!So...who could I be?/Who am I?" in some implicational way as if we're supposed to know him already

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/900617075663659009

Last edited:
Clangorous Soulblaze looks overpowered as hell. Guess, I know what Pokémon to expect on teams in the Video Game Championships following the release of the game.

No, I'm totally not digging the new Sun look. (n) Thank Arceus, there is the Trainer customization for me to get rid of it.

The cloud references are hilarious! :LOL::p

Wow, less than three months to go and they're still failing to make me care about these games. I mean, really? A 20 second trailer of a Hiker asking who he is? I think a more important question would be, "why should I care?"

Wow, less than three months to go and they're still failing to make me care about these games. I mean, really? A 20 second trailer of a Hiker asking who he is? I think a more important question would be, "why should I care?"
It wasn't made hype people up but just to tie into a little event into a little contest a Japanese Twitter account was holding, and since Hiker David won the popularity poll they featured in a small little teaser

How does a Hiker win a popularity contest anyways? Who were the other contenders? These are dark times we live in...

How does a Hiker win a popularity contest anyways? Who were the other contenders? These are dark times we live in...
It was between the Hikers of each gen for some Hiker day or something. Given that the gen7 Hiker is the only non-fat one, it's no wonder he won

This sounds interesting. Do you, or anyone else, happen to know a page (English, of course) where I can read about it?
It was only a random twitter post some time ago as far as I know, the results were just published today

To celebrate a special event in Japan, the Japanese Twitter account held a poll to see which hiker from each Gen was the most popular among Japanese players and Hiker David won by a landslide.
To celebrate his achievement they showed what Hiker David is doing in USUM

No, the anniversary movie they're referring to is "I Choose You", which was for the 20th anniversary movie of the anime, aside from being one of the yearly movies. I do doubt they'll use Mew & its Z-Move for reasons I stated in the post before yours.

That said, I'm expecting whatever event-exclusive thing for next yearthat USUM will have would be related to Celebi. It hasn't really gained anything. Of course it could be a Gen 8 Pokemon
next big aniversay would be 22, 24, 25 or 26 , how do you think?

i would think next big anniversary is 30..those are some pretty random numbers. 25/15 and so on are sometimes celebrated as significant anniversaries too, but never as big as 10,20,30 etc

I'd consider 25 to be bigger than 20, since it's known as the Silver Anniversary. Iirc 30th or 20th Anniversary are given no special names.

I'd consider 25 to be bigger than 20, since it's known as the Silver Anniversary. Iirc 30th or 20th Anniversary are given no special names.
Wooden (5th), Tin (10th), Crystal (15th), China (20th), Silver (25th), Pearl (30th), Ruby (40th), Golden (50th), and Diamond (60th).

These are all the supposed names.. tbh I didn't even know some of these existed but they're apparently common in most nations. Both 20th and 30th have names, and we know that Pokemon as a franchise celebrated its 20th far more than it did its 15th (i think? not sure tbh, wasn't really following that stuff 5 years ago)..but anyway, I guess they do celebrate every 5 years at least in some way so anything is possible. If they'd wanna celebrate both pokemon's 25th anni and the 15th anni of the release of D/P in Japan, they could just give us the remakes in 2021 to commemorate these things or something

Actually, the 30th Anniversary is traditionally known as the pearl anniversary and modernly known, in the US, as the diamond anniversary. The 20th anniversary is known traditionally as the china anniversary and modernly, in the US, as the platinum anniversary.

Actually, the 30th Anniversary is traditionally known as the pearl anniversary and modernly known, in the US, as the diamond anniversary. The 20th anniversary is known traditionally as the china anniversary and modernly, in the US, as the platinum anniversary.

If the 30th Anniversary wasn't so far of, it'd be the perfect time for Diamond and Pearl remakes....

If the 30th Anniversary wasn't so far of, it'd be the perfect time for Diamond and Pearl remakes....
Well you can either choose the name of the anniversary or the 15th anni of D/P matching another anniversary for the whole franchise, which will fall in 2021, which is somewhat of a proper time for DP remakes if we assume gen8 is coming in 2019

Back
Top Bottom