• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

Well you can either choose the name of the anniversary or the 15th anni of D/P matching another anniversary for the whole franchise, which will fall in 2021, which is somewhat of a proper time for DP remakes if we assume gen8 is coming in 2019

I'm going with 2021. The 30th Anniversary is definitely implausible.

There will be a Nintendo Direct on 13th September at 3pm PT/6pm ET. Keep in mind USM news won't be guaranteed.

In your timezone.
Yeap, no news guaranteed, but it's a pretty long direct (45min and 50 for japanese direct). It is also true that last year, the september 1st Nintendo direct revealed alolan rattata and the z move for snorlax. It's entirely possible they sneak in an alolan form to tie in with the upcoming release of Gold/Silver VC

Theirs Metroid, Mario+Luigi, possibly Yokai Watch, Sushi Striker, and Fire Emblem Warriors
metroid releases literally 2 days after the direct though...it's possible they skip it. We also don't know if they are including 3rd party games like Story of Seasons and whatnot, but either way, last year they spent 2mins talking about SM, they can spend 2 talking about USUM too

Hoping the direct will contain something, but I won't put my hopes up too high (okay, lets be honest, these hopes are already through the roof). Honestly, I'd be happy with another short trailer, like we had last month. Sometimes I find picking apart trailers bit by bit even more fun than the games themselves.

I've tried to not get too hyped, but the Direct being well over 30 minutes long isn't helping things.

Bring it on. Let's do this. My body is ready.

I'll be at work because I close that day. Well I guess I'll be able to see the cliff notes version during my break. That is if we even get anything.

Insane slightly hyperbolic and impossible to happen prediction:
Switch has no 1st party realease in November, and USUM has no major coverage yet because both are waiting the 14th direct to drop. Outta nowhere GF and Nintendo drop Pokemon Ultra, a dual pack sorta HD Version of USUM for the Switch. Its used mostly as a tesy bed to get people used to the single screen, but mostly to get the drop on everyone and cause maximum hype levels, despite the Switch already existing in the unobtainable to buy Wii circa 2006-2009 tier.

I would expect nothing USUM related in this direct. We rarely get main series Pokemon news through Directs, and usually when we do, it's a Pokemon focused Direct to show off new software. I don't expect this to be any different.

I would expect nothing USUM related in this direct. We rarely get main series Pokemon news through Directs, and usually when we do, it's a Pokemon focused Direct to show off new software. I don't expect this to be any different.

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high, but it's not that rare. We got Alolan Rattata, Aloraichuium Z and Snorlium Z in a generic Nintendo Direct the summer prior to Sun and Moon, so there's definitely precedent.

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high, but it's not that rare. We got Alolan Rattata, Aloraichuium Z and Snorlium Z in a generic Nintendo Direct the summer prior to Sun and Moon, so there's definitely precedent.

1 time out of 6. Still not great odds.

1 time out of 6. Still not great odds.

There was also B2W2 localization and RGBY VC/Pokemon Picross. USUM news is a safe bet here, just don't expect a big infodump. There's not really anything major coming out in the fall/winter for the 3DS besides USUM, Yokai Watch 2: Psychic Spectors, Fire Emblem Warriors (which is also getting a Switch version, and is apparently having more characters announced at some other event in a few weeks), Mario & Luigi, Kirby multiplayer game, and Metroid, the latter which is releasing exactly three days after the Direct.

There was also B2W2 localization and RGBY VC/Pokemon Picross. USUM news is a safe bet here, just don't expect a big infodump. There's not really anything major coming out in the fall/winter for the 3DS besides USUM, Yokai Watch 2: Psychic Spectors, Fire Emblem Warriors (which is also getting a Switch version, and is apparently having more characters announced at some other event in a few weeks), Mario & Luigi, Kirby multiplayer game, and Metroid, the latter which is releasing exactly three days after the Direct.

That's a bigger lineup than the 3DS has had in the last couple of years, and they have plenty of games to fill that 45 minutes. They don't really need to promote USUM here.

Actually there is one thing I can see being announced, but it's kind of not USUM news. And that would be a Switch peripheral app a la Pokedex 3D and Dream Radar. This would make a lot of sense, since there are people that own Switches that are just begging to do something Pokemon related with them immediately. But as far as things like a new trailer or a new feature being revealed for the main game? I wouldn't get your hopes up there. Those kinds of announcements tend not to show up in Directs.

Even though its true that general Nintendo Directs do not have Pokémon related news often (or at all), its still possible that the Pokémon Company can just drop a new trailer for USUM on the same day as the Nintendo Direct, or even after said direct on Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom